Loose Shifter Linkage???? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Loose Shifter Linkage???? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just did mine this evening , about 30-45min job. I used a piece of fuel hose cut in half long ...
    956Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Cts Black Raven
    Just did mine this evening , about 30-45min job. I used a piece of fuel hose cut in half long ways,then cut the width the same as linkage. Then put TWO flat water hose washers on EACH side of linkage and it made it very snug and tight fit to where it linkage cant swing without force. Will get pictures if anyone wants them. Thabks to Fellow guys that helped out

caddyfreaks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS V8

Re: Loose Shifter Linkage????

I too have the shifter linkage problem,how did you access it? From removing the shifter itself ?

I jacked up the passenger side, crawled underneath looked on the right passenger side of tranny, there is a shaft/nut and a rod that connects to.the shifterlever coming out of the floor pan. Then un screwed the 10mm nut let it hang.and with one hand held the connecting rod and with a 13mm wrench unbolted the rod that.connects to the tranny..

Pics would be awesome!

This weekend cause I got school and am loaded with work. Sorry

No problem,i figured it out, it was pretty easy!

Sounds alot better ey. Now I just have to fix the rear clunk when I press and release the gas and front squeky noise. And any other bushings I can buy.

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by 956Caddy View Post
    I jacked up the passenger side, crawled underneath looked on the right passenger side of tranny, there is a shaft/nut and a rod that connects to.the shifterlever coming out of the floor pan. Then un screwed the 10mm nut let it hang.and with one hand held the connecting rod and with a 13mm wrench unbolted the rod that.connects to the tranny..
    I replaced my shift rod with the correct adjustable one. The shifting has been sloppy ever since. So, I jacked the car up and revisited the installation. I discovered that the adjustable piece was shipped and installed loose so it could be adjusted when installing. I then tightened the nut - 10mm- and she works like a new one. Be sure to tighten that item or it will shift sloppy.

fly187 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Sounds like some fraudulent shop did some motor mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgm975 View Post
    I have a 2005 Cadillac STS with 33,000 miles, just dropped it off in the shop yesterday. Same noise, was the transmisison linkage cable and engine mounts. I bought an extended warranty with the car and thank god it's getting picked up by them. The car also has a small coolant leak. It's very odd because my car has always been garaged, no accidents, with all maintenance done and no after market parts. I love my Cadillac but I just can't believe at 33,000 Miles it can have these problems.

RUFNEKACE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 74 Coupe DeVille

Thank you for this thread! This is exactly the information i was looking for!
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.