Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac sts v6 engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Loren 
#1 ·
So i tend to have a lead foot, well my car runs great its got flowmasters, intake, and well she hauls ass till she hits 115 and then falls flat on her face. The pedal isnt all the way and im no where close to redline. I also notice when the car is in park it will not rev up over 4,000 rpms. I am a little bit confused on whats going on. I am sure she has a gov, but is there any tuners to change all that. I know they have them for the v models. A buddy of mine has a g35 with a 6 in it and i can kick its ass all the way until 115 then he comes flyn by me.. kinda pisses me off :nono: any ideas or suggestions to give it some pep ,

#3 ·
im going to try to find a tuner , hopefully it will work out. Now as far as getting a v or northstar lol im only 23 and the v i could only wish of right now and i did want the northstar however insurance would have gone thru the rough, so for now im stuck with my 23.4 miles to a gallon and trying to get all i can out of the baby northstar ...

#11 ·
Depends if the Dyno place has the credits already unlocked for your car (if they tune with HP tuners) or experience with tuning through Westers (there are other tuners but those are the majors).

Im having my 98 LS1 SS Camaro tuned, a pretty easy car as far as tuning goes as well as alot of tuners have experience and its costing me 550 bucks.

Its not cheap, you have to pay to play...

#16 ·
I have always got good milage out of this car, never below 21.9 and thats when im haulin ass everywhere.. I really started getting better milage running 89 and up octane. My car always seems to run cleaner and it seems its pick up response is a little better then regular gas. I also have intake and exhaust, which they say the intake helps some with gas milage. The intake helped alot tho with the hp and low end . I have changed the fuel filter every 8,000 miles as well and run a can of berrymans thru it once a month or so. I am a reg at changing the oil to, with mobil one i will run 4,000 but at 2,000 i have to ad a quart( i called cadillac when i first noticed i was having to add oil at 2,000 and they said thats within spec) and i gues the last thing i due is i clean the throttle body every other oil change, right when the intake comes in and where the slide is it gets carbon pretty bad. Other then that i drive the wheels off of it. I have heard that the harder you drive these cars the better they run.... and for me instead of babying it everywhere , it tends to run better if you lay into it every once in a while

#18 ·
You would take the intake tube off the housing of the throttle body and get some throttle body cleaner and spray n there... You will see a bunch of black residue and that's the carbon all built up.. Leave the intake tube off and start ur car, it will b hard to start for a second and when it does start it will not run good for about a min or two. That means the throttle body cleaner is doing it's job.. Ur exhaust will smell funny but when ur car idles back up turn it off and repeat until completely clean.. If u have alot of build up u will notice ur throttle response will b better, if u run higher octane u will get a better and cleaner burn which will reduce the carbon... I think these cars run better on 89 plus octane. Just my two cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.