STSs Arriving at Dealers Now - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STSs Arriving at Dealers Now in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I say the my first STS in person today at the dealership, it was blk/blk V6 with wood not aluminum. ...
    Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: STSs Arriving at Dealers Now

I say the my first STS in person today at the dealership, it was blk/blk V6 with wood not aluminum. The dark wood looked really good with the black, however the doors had nothing on them. No wood, just a chrome door handle to open the door. Just looked like a bunch black peices together, I think that just alittle wood or anything to break up the blandness would be a huge for a upper class look. Other then the material of the dash and the door panels, It was alot nicer then I was expecting. The headlights looked alot better then in the pictures, grill didnt even look to bad with the black paint. I hope the fully loaded V8 models has some wood on the doors.

nbfc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is there a way to track an order on a car to see if it shipped and if so where it is in transit?

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by STSgirl
    NO--that would be me!!
    My husband and middle-son came home from a soccer game earlier tonight and came upon a car hauler with 7 STS's on it! He called me on his cell and rubbed it in by saying how gorgeous they looked!
    He actually slowed down his Escalade to follow it... and it went right on past the exit for our local dealership *growl* .

I swear, I will be THE last person on earth to ever see one! BUT hopefully, the FIRST to own an AWD V8!!
    I spoke to my dealer today. She said they received one but that something wasn't quite right (!?), but that it should be ready to show by Saturday. Have you called any of your local dealers in the last few days?

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

We have six of them now. One is a base model car, two silver V6 1sb packages, a black 1SB V6, a red 1SC V6, and the red V8 which is a presold order. Are there that many dealers with worse supply than us?

Yes there are. Almost every dealer i called said they either dont have any or just one. I have mine coming in but the dealer says there is now way to find out when. Is there a way to check where it is in transit and for a delivery date? If so please let me know, you can email the info if need be. Thank you

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My dealer called late yesterday and invited me out to see and drive. Very impressive! It was a Light Platinum with light gray interior. A V6 with the luxury package. The aluminum trim in this car was gorgeous! I think I prefer it to wood. At least with the light gray interior. The top of the IP and upper door panel sections are black, and the contrast is very nice, complimenting the aluminum. The door panels look nicer IMO, than the monochromatic black, especially if the car has no wood trim on the armrest panel. I'm going back tomorrow to see a Blue Chip with cashmere interior unit that's due today.
    The finish is superb, everywhere on the car. The panel gaps are tiny and the fit precise. Even the inner door jambs look smooth enough to eat off of. The feel and operation of the doors is first rate, and make the most satisfying little *thud* when closing. The rear seat is very comfortable, too. I've been in roomier rear compartments, but I've been in much smaller ones too. And I don't care what any of the press might say, the materials and finish inside are AT LEAST as good as any rival you care to name.
    As for the drive, the V6 is a very lively powerplant. Remember, this V6 produces only a few less horses than the Northstar used in the 98-04 SLS. It's no slouch, as anyone with a CTS equipped with this engine can attest. I was struck with how quiet it was in the cabin.
    They tried to send me home in it, but now that I'm maturing I've learned to wait for what I want. The first Moonstone/light gray unit with aluminum trim and a sunroof is mine!
    To all members who have not yet seen one; you have a real treat in store.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

When I called Massey Cadillac in Downey to see if they had a demo I could test drive, the sales woman said, "we are expecting them any minute", but would you like to come in and test drive a CTS?" I said no, I was asking about the STS.

"But I can get you a screaming deal" on an 04 CTS", click............................

Quote Originally Posted by nbfc
    Yes there are. Almost every dealer i called said they either dont have any or just one. I have mine coming in but the dealer says there is now way to find out when. Is there a way to check where it is in transit and for a delivery date? If so please let me know, you can email the info if need be. Thank you
    Yes, post the order # or last 8 of the vin, and I will see what I can find.
    can't pm or e-mail you, says you have requested not to be contacted.

Quote Originally Posted by msheri01
    Yes, post the order # or last 8 of the vin, and I will see what I can find.
    can't pm or e-mail you, says you have requested not to be contacted.
    here is the 8 dig 50133016. Thanks for you help.

The vehicle shows that it was shipped and received at an intermediate shipping point on the 8th. Since you are in New York, it may take several more days, especially with the rain from the hurricane that went through in the last few days. It is built, silver/black with lots of toys

Yes thank you very much for the help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.