STSs Arriving at Dealers Now - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STSs Arriving at Dealers Now in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by STSOnly Hey Sal, what about the 1st person to drive one lol? If no one else on ...
    msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: STSs Arriving at Dealers Now

Quote Originally Posted by STSOnly
    Hey Sal, what about the 1st person to drive one lol?
    If no one else on the forum is able to drive one by Sept 11th, either me or Mikethegreeat will be the 1st person to drive one. Hopefully a RWD V8.

I drove several of them yesterday at the STS launch event. We did an autocross comparison with the A6,E500,530i,and LS430.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

How does the paint on these new ones look to you? I ask because the finish on my CTS, especially on the lower vertical surfaces, is orange-peeled to the point of resembling dark blue gravy. I realize that they come off the same line, but I'm wondering if any improvements have been made.

STSOnly is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by msheri01
    I drove several of them yesterday at the STS launch event. We did an autocross comparison with the A6,E500,530i,and LS430.
    Lucky you . You are now known as the 1st 2005 STS driver on the forum lol. What were the results against the LS430? Did the STS measure up in performance, comfort, and gadgets? LS430 is the only Lexus that I like.

BTW, I see in the 3rd pic that there is a 1995-1999 Aurora in front of that White Diamond Escalade. Do you know if it's for sale??? I'm in the market for one of those lol.

rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

" drove several of them yesterday"

Impressions?
    Please?
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    Likely never to drive several . . .

Impressions:

V6- very nice highway driving. Good tight handling. Nice features with nav, etc. Good headroom for the six foot plus crowd, even with the sunroof, no headroom complaints. Being 5'3" tall, leg and headroom have never been an issue.

V8-For the person who wants performance, this is the one to have. For off the line speed, rwd instead of awd. AWD has slightly better cornering control at speed. Excellent throttle response and braking. The only vehicle in the comparison that is honest competition for the V8 is the Benz. There was not a 545 there, but having driven one of those in the past, it is in this competitive class.

Audi- I could not believe how poorly it handled, interior strikes me as cheaper than a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. Too much plow, not enough brakes, breaks loose too quickly.

Lexus-A very nice, powerful car. To me, it feels like driving your living room sofa. Very nice toys and gadgets, way too much body roll with very little road feel. Also, of all the cars, the interior of this car looked the most beat up. Wear marks on the leather, etc.

BMW-very nice car. This one being a 3.0 was not an exact comparison for the V8, but the stiffer ride that you expect, excellent handling, except in the slalom, it felt very floatly on hard turn changes. The 545 is a better comparison to the V8 STS.

This is a large car. It is very tight handling, excellent accelleration, the Stabilitrak, Magnetic Ride Control, and the Driver Shift Control make this a VERY enjoyable car to drive. The studio surround sound will please the audiophile. Again all in all, the only cars that are a truce competitor are the Benz and the BMW 5 series. All IMO

Enjoy the weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by STSOnly
    Lucky you . You are now known as the 1st 2005 STS driver on the forum lol. What were the results against the LS430? Did the STS measure up in performance, comfort, and gadgets? LS430 is the only Lexus that I like.

BTW, I see in the 3rd pic that there is a 1995-1999 Aurora in front of that White Diamond Escalade. Do you know if it's for sale??? I'm in the market for one of those lol.
    On the Aurora, it is the body shop manager's wife's car. Sorry

One of the few drawbacks of living in the Pacific Northwest is that we're the LAST to get any new cars. It seems I'm the only person in the English-speaking world who has yet to actually see the STS !!

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I stopped by Capitol Cadillac in Lansing yesterday to try to see a STS. The salesman said they received a pre-sold V6 on Friday and it was picked up on Saturday. Their order for a demo unit had been canceled for some reason, so they were waiting for more cars.

BTW, he also mentioned that starting next year, Deville production was moving from Hamtramck to the Lansing Grand River plant.

So, that is why so many people have come in to test drive our red v6.

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv
    I stopped by Capitol Cadillac in Lansing yesterday to try to see a STS. The salesman said they received a pre-sold V6 on Friday and it was picked up on Saturday. Their order for a demo unit had been canceled for some reason, so they were waiting for more cars.

BTW, he also mentioned that starting next year, Deville production was moving from Hamtramck to the Lansing Grand River plant.
    The Deville built in Grand River? That seems unliklely. The Grand River plant, I thought, was built for the Sigma architecture only. I wouldn't think GM would make the investment of remodling the plant just to build one model for 2-3 more years. Perhaps your dealer meant that the replacement of the Deville would be built in Grand River? But that won't happen for a while.

golfkt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

Talking Re: STSs Arriving at Dealers Now

Sewell Village Cadillac (Dallas) received demos Thursday. I saw the V6 & V8. I drove them today. A month ago I ordered the 1SB upgraded pkg. Sandstone,etc. They got an acknowledgement from GM yesterday. I should be here 6-8 weeks. YEA!!!!!

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

the fully loaded top of the line STS's look great...BUT ive seen a few lower end base models at the dealer, they really seem to tarnish the 'STS' name. When i thought of STS ive always thought of one of the nicer end cars (my mental image of the past generation), but the base models of the new STS, just look like overgrown CTS's to me.

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

I stopped in Potamkin Cadillac in Manhattan the other day to see if they had any STS's in. The salesman said the only STS they had was a used '99 and they weren't expecting any new ones. How can one of the biggest Caddy dealers in the NYC metro area not be expecting any STS's? I got a feeling the guy didn't know what he was talking about, it's so rare to run into that a car dealership isn't it?

STSgirl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS (1SG) & 2007 Escalde EXT

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee
    It seems I'm the only person in the English-speaking world who has yet to actually see the STS !!

NO--that would be me!!
    My husband and middle-son came home from a soccer game earlier tonight and came upon a car hauler with 7 STS's on it! He called me on his cell and rubbed it in by saying how gorgeous they looked!
    He actually slowed down his Escalade to follow it... and it went right on past the exit for our local dealership *growl* .

I swear, I will be THE last person on earth to ever see one! BUT hopefully, the FIRST to own an AWD V8!!

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by STSgirl
    NO--that would be me!!
    My husband and middle-son came home from a soccer game earlier tonight and came upon a car hauler with 7 STS's on it! He called me on his cell and rubbed it in by saying how gorgeous they looked!
    He actually slowed down his Escalade to follow it... and it went right on past the exit for our local dealership *growl* .

I swear, I will be THE last person on earth to ever see one! BUT hopefully, the FIRST to own an AWD V8!!
    Go to whatever dealership they went to then . I would be dieing if I were you!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.