My 05' to 08' Fascia Upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, My 05' to 08' Fascia Upgrade in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had cracked my bumper cover this last winter so I decided I would do the update while I was ...
    BJD210 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8

My 05' to 08' Fascia Upgrade

I had cracked my bumper cover this last winter so I decided I would do the update while I was at it.

Pre-update, I cracked the lower passenger side of the cover and broke part of the bracket of the fog/signal lamp.

I have done some E&G and T-Rex grilles for some of my customers so I traded a local salvage yard for a reconditioned 08' cover(rear of pic) for some OEM grilles that were left over. After I made the trade I quickly found out how hard it is to find lower grilles and even uppers that include the chrome trim for the 08'+. After researching the cost of grilles and the misc hardware it became evident that it would be most cost effective to buy an entire fascia Assembly(front of pic) from SurplusGM.com even though I would not be using the cover itself. I was extremely surprised when the assembly showed up with foglights, headlamp washers and all hardware I needed for a total of $378 shipped!

Grilles sanded and ready for paint. Ridiculous amount pcs and plastic welding involved in these grilles!

Ready for the facelift.

Disassembled

Decided to clean up the headlights while it was convenient

Not perfect but pretty good for 5 year old lenses

Almost done

I filled the tow hook access door and the license plate holes. Considering it costs me $135 for a no front license plate tickets, I epoxied high strength magnets on the back side of the cover and on my plate. I can slap it on when I feel I need to.

All done, I regret not having the all the chrome trim painted to match but there is no way I am pulling those grilles apart again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

Re: My 05' to 08' Fascia Upgrade

how hard was it to attach the new bumper? what info you got when doing that?

Bigdawg58 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 & 06 STS-V

Very Nice JOB Dude!

LAC_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS

Quote Originally Posted by STE_6000 View Post
    how hard was it to attach the new bumper? what info you got when doing that?
    You just bolt it on like you took the old bumper off.

really? i know under ksts said a bunch of stuff, but i cant trust that as much as i can throw him.

Purple is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS V8 RWD

nice !!

i will do the same thing ..

i want that !!

the same color and the same headlamp washers

i asked SurplusGM.com before 2 weeks ago and they said they dont have it anymore !!!

but there site shows that they have " 4 " .

gd luck maan,and nice car <3 .

I am swamped at work today but I will get you guys some more detail on the actual parts or differences but it is no harder that replacing an original cover once you have all the parts.

Oh and you will find some of the old and new unused parts pop up on the classifieds next week including the black cover.

Boltingit on is the same. You do need a few parts like the plastc fog light brackets and a new splash sheild and air dam. The bolts and nuts that K STS had listed were not needed he just listed them to be safe.

If you get a whole front fascia you will only need the splash shield and maybe the lower air dam.

If you dont get the whole fascia and you just get a bumper cover you will need: Lower air dam, splash shield, 23 grill clips, and the two fog light brackets.

If you get the whole front fascia it will come with the fog light brackets, grill clips, and maybe the lower air dam.

I only got the bumper cover grom surpolusGM because I didnt see the fascia at the time. I ordered all of the above listed parts from newgmparts.com and it only came to just over $200.

also, if you only get the bumper cover and you go with an aftermarket grill like the E&G you will have to buy stock grills anyways and take the chrome off of them. You can find the upper grill on ebay quite often but the lower grill is hard to find.

So its better to just get the front fascia.

But the question was how does it bolt on. And the answer is that it bolts on just like the original bumper cover. Nothing is different about how it bolts on. The only thing they changed was the fog light brackets and the splash shield.

It is a very easy upgrade. switching the fog light brackets and installing the fog lights and the air dam is a 20 min job if that.

sounds good, thanks lac, ya part numbers would be a huge help. i would like to do this on my silver car, i'd have to get my front body kit lips remounted on the new bumper.

Search for K STSs thread. The part numbers are there. I don't know where my list is but if you can't find his thread let me know and I'll look for it.

bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

what did you do to the headlights?

he used a headlight restoring kit. companies like 3m make it. takes the haze and yellow out of the lens.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Love it! My only concern would be getting it for my car w' ACC (grille with radardome cutout).

Quote Originally Posted by bbshriver View Post
    what did you do to the headlights?
    I had to take the entire clearcoat off since someone had already tried to clean them up and left bare patches and clearcoated patches. The restoration kits are not aggressive enough to take the clear off.

Started wet sanding w/ light pressure 400g then
    Heavy cut paint cleaner w/wool pad
    Light cut cleaner w/compounding pad
    Polish w/polish pad

They will scratch quicker/easier now without clearcoat but they will be very easy to buff out. Probably could even do it by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    nice !!

i will do the same thing ..

i want that !!

the same color and the same headlamp washers

i asked SurplusGM.com before 2 weeks ago and they said they dont have it anymore !!!

but there site shows that they have " 4 " .

gd luck maan,and nice car <3 .
    Thanks!

I almost hate to tell you that I ordered it on the 7th. I must have just beaten you by just days or even hours! I am pretty sure the site said 5 in stock when I ordered!

Did they have any other colors left? If so I feel real bad since I told them to send me a common color like white or BLACK since I knew I wouldnt use the cover and would want to resell it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.