Your Cadillac STS Bose Audio System Rating
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: How does your Bose Audio in your Cadillac STS 2005+ sound to you?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it, it does everything I need, and it does it really well.

62 55.86%
  • Sound ok, but there is a little something it lacks.

46 41.44%
  • Doesn't sound like a luxary system should, I might change it with an aftermarket system.

3 2.70%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Your Cadillac STS Bose Audio System Rating in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Your Cadillac STS Bose Audio System Rating Just cause it was asked, here is a poll for the Bose audio ...
    STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

Just cause it was asked, here is a poll for the Bose audio system that comes in the STS be it regular or navi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Your Cadillac STS Bose Audio System Rating

I voted, I love it because, for me, it is the best I've ever had.

Its hard to make a audio system for everyone, so many taste out there. They did a good job getting a general high end system for the car that sounds good. for me it is missing a little something. i am a fan of a little bass, i like hearing that drum in rock music hit, or the bass drops in hip-hop and r&b, its hard to get that with a freeair sub, but for the 3/4 years i have had the car, i havent installed a sub system yet, and i have a competition one in my sports car right now that i could transplant, so it shows im not in a rush just yet either.

DBeaSST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

First time I've had 15 speakers in my car so I haven't compared other similar systems. I love it though, crisp highs a good thump when you want it.

mapmaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS, 06 STS, 11 STS, 11 CTS Coupe

I have the navigation system with the Bose 5.1 surround sound. I love it! I have no complaints about any lack of bass or low frequencies, in fact I think it has a good response all across the range, good highs and lows. Personally I don't like to hear a lot of thumping bass, where that's the only thing you hear. I hear that enough from cars next to me at a traffic light. I think that's ridiculous.

I still haven’t heard anything out of the surround speakers in the seat, but I’m going to buy a DVD-A or DTS-CD (as discussed in another thread on this forum) and see if I can get a good surround effect from those. I love the audio pilot feature that changes the volume at different speeds. That feature gives a boost to the bass frequencies at low volume levels and makes a big improvement in the sound.

im not talking about out of control bass, but its like not hearing the explosion when a bomb goes off in a movie, that time u need to hear that thump and a little shake, its a feeling you get. in a ideal tuned system you get full range of sound, but its hard to give an example of it without ever having heard it in person. my buick lesabre has a full boston acoustic system. 3 way fronts, 2 way rears and dual 10s, sounds like a large home theater hehe, but i sold that car. a year or so before the caddy.

bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

I'm happy with mine. Only car I've been in that I think is really better is my dad's Bentley Arnage. And it's only a 4 speaker system.

My only complaint is that it takes FOREVER to change between CDs and for some reason it always starts at the beginning of the current CD when I turn the car on. Would be nice if it continued from where it left off.

KARL DAHLEN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2008 STSV6 RWD

Quote Originally Posted by bbshriver View Post
    I'm happy with mine. Only car I've been in that I think is really better is my dad's Bentley Arnage. And it's only a 4 speaker system.

My only complaint is that it takes FOREVER to change between CDs and for some reason it always starts at the beginning of the current CD when I turn the car on. Would be nice if it continued from where it left off.
    Thats odd. Mine continues where it left off?

Could be something they corrected... my car is an early 05, looks like you have an 08.

Greg00coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

Mines an early 05 and it starts where it left off...........

Nav or no nav?

Mine is the non-nav version. I thought I'd heard that re-starting the CD was normal, but if it's not it would sure be nice to get it fixed!

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

The BlOSE 5.1 system does not live up to much of the internet/media hype. It is average to above-average OEM. I've owned worse OEM systems and gutted them immediately. Replacing a BlOSE system is not often easy, though I ripped the whole system in my C5 out when the overpriced door module failed.

BlOSE has pefected the art of marketing remarkably average products with sub-standard materials at exorbitant prices. I respect their marketing, but despise the quality of their offerings.

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by mapmaker View Post
    I still havenít heard anything out of the surround speakers in the seat, but Iím going to buy a DVD-A or DTS-CD (as discussed in another thread on this forum) and see if I can get a good surround effect from those.
    Do NOT buy a DVD-Audio disc soley for the purpose of SURROUND sound in the STS. The system CANNOT play multi-channel DVD-A. It can only play DTS and DD encoded tracks in surround.

Buy the DTS-CD.
    jzamo and jzamo like this.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I like the sound of the system. The best OEM system I have heard so far. I have spent thousands on systems in my other car, but the only advantage that it has is the much higher volume.

Bob

mapmaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS, 06 STS, 11 STS, 11 CTS Coupe

Slee Slack,

Thanks for the heads up about the surround sound. (DVD-A vs DTS-CD) I'll keep that in mind while shopping.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.