Your Cadillac STS Bose Audio System Rating - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: How does your Bose Audio in your Cadillac STS 2005+ sound to you?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it, it does everything I need, and it does it really well.

62 55.36%
  • Sound ok, but there is a little something it lacks.

47 41.96%
  • Doesn't sound like a luxary system should, I might change it with an aftermarket system.

3 2.68%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Your Cadillac STS Bose Audio System Rating in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I wouldn't be surprised if Bose engineers adjusted amplifiers' equalization to compensate for the frequency response of the drivers used. ...
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Your Cadillac STS Bose Audio System Rating

I wouldn't be surprised if Bose engineers adjusted amplifiers' equalization to compensate for the frequency response of the drivers used. When drivers are replaced with other designs, sound reproduction may be inaccuarate. Inaccurate can sound 'better' than the orginal; it becomes a matter of opinon.

This touches on a long-standing debate among audiophiles. Should a system make the program sound the best it can or produce an accuarate reproduction. IE, do you use an equalizer or set tone controls 'flat'.

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bose engineers adjusted amplifiers' equalization to compensate for the frequency response of the drivers used. When drivers are replaced with other designs, sound reproduction may be inaccuarate. Inaccurate can sound 'better' than the orginal; it becomes a matter of opinon.

This touches on a long-standing debate among audiophiles. Should a system make the program sound the best it can or produce an accuarate reproduction. IE, do you use an equalizer or set tone controls 'flat'.
    Sounds like someone knows a little about audio systems...

To me, Bose = Crap. I wish I could remove it all, but with how the car was designed with the stereo wrapped around the car, unfortunately it'll have to do. I'll never have Bose in the house.

Bose always has left out certain frequencies to make their speakers sound better than they truly are.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

I love it in my STS (15 speakers) and in my wife's CTS (10 speakers).

I like to listen to the *****cat Dolls' Don't Cha for some nice bass effects. She can't stand that song!

paden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

I agree with the Bose = Crap sentiment. However, I believe it is more Bose < Advertised, but still good, not great, normally. That being said, I do love this system (15 speakers) and love to listen to the DTS content out there. Awesome. This particular Bose system is awesome in my opinion.

brentiya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

Hi, the speakers in the seats seem to work when in the base,mid,high adjusting area. Bottom button to the far left says "Center". I can tell a difference with no problem. I voted "I love it" also but agree that when I want the fist in the chest bass it lacks just a hair. I was thinking of possibly swapping out the subwoofer or adding another one. Dont get me wrong I think it sounds great but I also want to hear and feel the explosion in the back ground. Not on every song, not at every light and I am considerate when entering neighborhoods to turn it down a bit or put up the windows. This is the first Caddy that I have owned but surely wont be the last. Thanks

B

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier24 View Post
    Far and away the best oem system i've ever listened to. The only thing I would like is slightly stronger rear subwoofer performance. More for imaging than anything else.
    ive noticed the manufacturers pull bass when the volume is cranked so the sub seems like its weaker lol, when i took oem radio out and threw in hu and kept bose amps and speakers the sub didnt get dialed down, but im not replacing my nav in my sts like i did in my dts so i guess ill deal with it

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warren View Post
    ive noticed the manufacturers pull bass when the volume is cranked so the sub seems like its weaker lol, when i took oem radio out and threw in hu and kept bose amps and speakers the sub didnt get dialed down, but im not replacing my nav in my sts like i did in my dts so i guess ill deal with it
    Yeah it is like a self protection against blowing out your speakers, along with allowing the system to continue to seem to get louder vocally in an almost unlimited fashion with limited power.
    About the best you could do would be to try using some line level convertors and aftermarket amp and running them to your OEM sub (or replacing that with a free-air sub) and having that amp setup with a higher gain that it doesn't seem to fade away much. Maybe if you could tap into pre-amp output from the HU to the OEM AMP you could run that to the aftermarket amp and it wouldn't have any fade and would also free up wattage to be used on the individual channels that would otherwise be directed to that OEM sub.
    IF this system is like the Bose in my 02 Deville DTS than if you have the OEM sub disconnected the AMP will not output any signal.
    So if that is the case I assume it is still receiving so if you disconnected the OEM sub and were able to get the pre-amp line levels you would save that output wattage in the OEM amp.

I feel like I might be talking in circles here but hopefully someone else can make sense of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post
    Do NOT buy a DVD-Audio disc soley for the purpose of SURROUND sound in the STS. The system CANNOT play multi-channel DVD-A. It can only play DTS and DD encoded tracks in surround.

Buy the DTS-CD.
    A little late to quote but incorrect information is not good.

Not that it matters much at this point but the STS can play DVD-Audio in surround multi channel.
    You just need to select the right 'group' during playback.
    I have one DVD-A disk that is a multichannel (Staind 14 Shades of Grey DVD-A) to get 5.1 playback I need to select 'group 4' for playback from the search button while not moving.
    That contains the multichannel playback. The other 'groups' are other various quality sound.

zlgibby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldorado ETC
    I threw 2 kicker 12" and a 1000watt kicker amp and put the bass knob up front between the hazards and tc button. They sound amazing and those days I have a headache I just turn it down a bit

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 125k
    I'm seriously considering installing my 12" JL W6 and my 900w RMS Orion amp...I think the Bose sounds amazing but I find myself wanting more oooomph more times than not lately.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.