STS Navigation Disk - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS Navigation Disk in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by EChas3 I am forced to agree with 1Bad... While feeling no animus towards the people posting as ...
    1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by EChas3
    I am forced to agree with 1Bad...

While feeling no animus towards the people posting as Cadillac Cust Svc, it may be possible that the result of this 'outreach' is more pointless, distracting and irritating to those with issues that it ever delivers an actual positive customer experience.

Take this case, if this Cust Svc group were able to establish direct contact with the GM Nav Disk business unit, they might be successful in resolving this issue or at least establish and understanding of the reasons behind policies that aren't easily understood.

Instead, we hear "Call them yourself. They ignore us."

Been there. Done that.

If any other US company built a car I liked at a reasonable price, GM would be in trouble. But there is little hope in that. Everybody pretends to believe the small engine/small car propaganda while buying pick-up trucks, SUV's & Cross-overs.
    "Forced"? It's not so bad to agree with the dark side every so often!

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Re: STS Navigation Disk

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    "Forced"? It's not so bad to agree with the dark side every so often!
    come-to-the-darkside-we-have-cookies-3.png

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

HAHAHA

I label myself as brutally honest... an ******* of sorts... Ill never lie to you though...

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

I love cookies. Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcaddy View Post

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Folks,

I submitted the following question to the GM Navigation Center.

"I would like to know if there will be any FUTURE map releases beyond what is currently available for the 2005-11 Cadillac STS and the 2003-06 Cadillac Escalade. Thanks."

The response I received is:

Hello Darcy,

Thank you for contacting General Motors Navigation Center. At this time the release date of the next updates for your Cadillac STS and Cadillac Escalade have not been officially announced.

To find out about new map availability, please check our website periodically at www.gmnavdisc.com.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,

General Motors Navigation Center
    P.O. Box 1588
    Orem, UT 84059

This resulted in my reply...

Hello Chad,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, you did not answer my question. I am not asking about when the next release for these discs will be but IF there will be any further releases. There is growing animosity amongst several owners toward GM Customer Care and the GM Navigation Center because of the lack of information and support we receive. To add a factory navigation system to a GM vehicle will typically increase the final sticker price by $1,500 to in excess of $3,000. This is an outrageous amount to spend only to learn that some of us will only receive support and updates for perhaps two years. I recommend that management from your team spend a little time reviewing some of the online forums to get a sense of how we as owners feel about the support (or lack thereof) by your group. I have yet to receive a straight forward, direct and actually informative answer regarding this issue and I consistently hear similar feedback from other owners.

I am not interested in the “We don’t know, check our site for availability” approach any longer. Please escalate my question to a manager.

Respectfully,
    Darcy

I'm confident that Chad from the GM Navigation Center isn't really interested in hearing how we feel, but I certainly encourage anyone else from the forum to e-mail him with your concerns. GM Customer Care has washed their hands of helping us with this so it seems as though it's up to us as owners to make it clear to the GM Navigation Center about how we feel. The address I have is webstore-na@here.com.

If they take the time to respond I'll post the information I receive.

KRSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

My sense is that they already have our money and they simply don't care.

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55

Trying to answer the Original question, for this post.
    When you get the updated one, insert it, and give it a GOOD time to load,
    "IF" it ends up with "INSERT MAP DISK", you "WILL" need a firmware update,
    ONLY done at a dealer, they need their disks to do the firmware update,& TECH II
    and the knowledge to do it.You may even have to get a copy of the TSB
    to present to them, so they know what you mean.
    it should only cost MAX $ 100.00 to get this done
    it also updates Voice recognition, and bluetooth.
    Happy Motoring !

LINUXman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6L

Hi everyone, I've cross read this post and believe me (I'm not knocking down GM's navy system, it's a good spare GPS when you don't have anything else)

That said, I will go to legal/illegal boarders to save some $$$ on some hardware/software to make things work for me, don't we all? NOT FOR SOME ONE ELSE (friends, family or clients) NEVER!!!

First of all when you plan to hack or copy/torrent something, you don't brag/ask about it to no one, especially on the Internet, I've been quietly through this navy hack with my caddy and believe me it's not worth it, even if you're successful, the navy updates and the new disks are not even close to a good GPS, I threw all that in the garbage, I just kept the original navy DVD to show off (people don't believe that technology existed in 2005) , A good TOMTOM or your Smart phone is better and cheaper (even if you're being legal or illegal)

So people!, stop trying to hack or update the old navy, it's cheaper to buy a new GPS or a new Phone... (unless you have the money to buy a new 2015 80K$ Caddy) If you're like me, you can change your phone/GPS every two years at 0$, not a 80K$ care...

Good long Week-end to all!

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

There are many benefits to having an up to date map disc on the integrated nav system.
    ddalder likes this.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

The 'sticky' thread at the top of the forum should have a link to instructions on how to check if your pre '08 Nav has had the firmware update. We've covered it several times.

I think the Nav works OK once you know its quirks. I use it a lot, often entering destination by phone number. It would be nice to be able to build our own updates. There really are only a few map vendors.

In case any members need the details of Nav disk versions, here's the list I compiled:

STS Navigation Disk Versions/GM#/Year/ISO-Name(s)/2nd/Alternative
    V1.0 10381281 2005 DW464210-6270 10381886 (Corvette-OEM)
    V2.0 15794606 2006 DW464210-6400 15779679 (Corvette-OEM)
    V3.0 15924195 2007 DW464210-6570 15932106 (Corvette-OEM)
    V4.0 25852830 2008 DW464210-6740 (West) -6750 (East)
    V5.0 25976806 2009 DW464210-6970 (West) -6980 (East)
    V6.0 20861474 2010 DW464210-7140 (West) -7150 (East)
    V7.0 20980238 2011 DW464210-7360 (West) -7370 (East)
    V8.0 22820294 2012 DW464210-7510 [Nav Firmware OCF1 5 or higher req'd]
    V9.0 22944166 2013 DW464210-7520

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Darcy, thanks for taking it to the next step. I also got the same lame response you got when I inquired. I suspect like others have said we are out of luck with updates beyond 2013. Hard to believe they would do that to the new Vette owners (as well as us), but I bet they did.

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    Darcy, thanks for taking it to the next step. I also got the same lame response you got when I inquired. I suspect like others have said we are out of luck with updates beyond 2013. Hard to believe they would do that to the new Vette owners (as well as us), but I bet they did.
    No problem at all. Years ago when I took a course in emergency medical dispatch we were taught about "Repetitive Persistence". Well, it seems I'm going to get to apply this principle in a slightly different manner

STS Navigation Disk

Further to my previous communication with the GM Navigation Team...

Hello Chad,

I have not yet received a reply to my e-mail of August 29th. Adequate time has passed for a response of some form. Has my request for escalation simply been ignored? If you are unwilling or unable to forward my request to a manager, please extend the courtesy of indicating this and I will pursue this through other channels. Also be aware that our communications to date have been shared on a public forum. The lack of response from your team is certainly a clear message to all of us about the rather poor level of service we've come to expect from your group.

Darcy

Begin forwarded message:

Date: August 29, 2014 11:44:00 PM
    To: "'Chad L'" <webstore-na@here.com>
    Subject: RE: Other <<#1227285-3817039#>>

Hello Chad,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, you did not answer my question. I am not asking about when the next release for these discs will be but IF there will be any further releases. There is growing animosity amongst several owners toward GM Customer Care and the GM Navigation Center because of the lack of information and support we receive. To add a factory navigation system to a GM vehicle will typically increase the final sticker price by $1,500 to in excess of $3,000. This is an outrageous amount to spend only to learn that some of us will only receive support and updates for perhaps two years. I recommend that management from your team spend a little time reviewing some of the online forums to get a sense of how we as owners feel about the support (or lack thereof) by your group. I have yet to receive a straight forward, direct and actually informative answer regarding this issue and I consistently hear similar feedback from other owners.

I am not interested in the “We don’t know, check our site for availability” approach any longer. Please escalate my question to a manager.

Respectfully,
    Darcy

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:22 AM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Other <<#1227285-3817039#>>

Hello Darcy,

Thank you for contacting General Motors Navigation Center. At this time the release date of the next updates for your Cadillac STS and Cadillac Escalade have not been officially announced.

To find out about new map availability, please check our website periodically at www.gmnavdisc.com.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,

General Motors Navigation Center
    P.O. Box 1588
    Orem, UT 84059

--- Original Message ---
    Received: 8/22/14 9:16:17 PM MDT
    To: <webstore_NA@navteq.com>
    Subject: Other

I would like to know if there will be any FUTURE map releases beyond what is currently available for the 2005-11 Cadillac STS and the 2003-06 Cadillac Escalade. Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.