STS Navigation Disk - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS Navigation Disk in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by ddalder I've been watching closely as well. I can tell you my opinion... and hopefully GM Customer ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: STS Navigation Disk

Quote Originally Posted by ddalder View Post
    I've been watching closely as well. I can tell you my opinion... and hopefully GM Customer Service takes note... The same disc is used right up until the 2011 model year. With the kind of dollars GM charges for factory installed navigation, I'd be fuming mad if updates were discontinued 2 years after my model year. In fact, even though I have a 2008, I'll still be very annoyed if there are no further releases.
    Hello ddalder,

We appreciate the feedback and want to ensure your concerns are heard. Please feel free to private message us questions and we can discuss this further.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

Katie O. Why don't you tell us on the forum what is the story. Are there going to be any newer nav-disc. Maybe it's time for a newer car, or a car that doesn't use any dics. Danny
    KRSTS likes this.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Yeah Katie O. we would all like to know?
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Folks, I think the reason Katie suggested I PM her is because in my post there was mention that "hopefully GM Customer Service takes note". To avoid a message partially (or otherwise) intended for their group, a PM is a more effective way to ensure it isn't missed. We all want to know the answer to this so I will send her a PM (as well) and ask that a response be posted here for everyone to see.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ddalder
    Folks, I think the reason Katie suggested I PM her is because in my post there was mention that "hopefully GM Customer Service takes note". To avoid a message partially (or otherwise) intended for their group, a PM is a more effective way to ensure it isn't missed. We all want to know the answer to this so I will send her a PM (as well) and ask that a response be posted here for everyone to see.
    Don't hold your breath.... Cadillac won't exist before we have an answer from "GM Customer Service"
    KRSTS likes this.

PM Sent...

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

I'm sure they'd like that as long as it was a GM car.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyquest View Post
    Katie O. Why don't you tell us on the forum what is the story. Are there going to be any newer nav-disc. Maybe it's time for a newer car, or a car that doesn't use any dics. Danny

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Everyone,

All of your concerns are understandable. Anything related to the navigation system is going to be handled by a different team within our organization. Therefore, I do not have access to any update information you are inquiring about, but I am happy to document your concerns in our mutually compatible system. More information regarding this topic can be found here: http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...thAmerica-Site
    Although we try to assist everyone experiencing concerns or with questions, there are thousands of users on the forum which makes it difficult to get to everyone. This is why we suggest you private message any questions or concerns you have.

I hope this information is helpful to you!

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Every single one of us should send her a private message with the same exact message.

----------

If they're "within your organization" then feel free to have a chat with them. We are not "within your organization" so it seems that team would be much more accessible to you.
    mjcaddy likes this.

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Clearly the answer is for the infotainment navigation systems to move to allowing you to tether to your phone and/or insert a SIM card into the unit for cellular data and stream the maps live when there is a data connection and rely on a permanently installed to the unit base map with lower detail for those outside of cellular data range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Everyone,

All of your concerns are understandable. Anything related to the navigation system is going to be handled by a different team within our organization. Therefore, I do not have access to any update information you are inquiring about, but I am happy to document your concerns in our mutually compatible system. More information regarding this topic can be found here: http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...thAmerica-Site
    Although we try to assist everyone experiencing concerns or with questions, there are thousands of users on the forum which makes it difficult to get to everyone. This is why we suggest you private message any questions or concerns you have.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Hello Katie,

Thank you for your response. I echo the position posted by Guy.Seminerio in that as a representative from Cadillac Customer Care you should have better access to other departments withing General Motors for the purpose of escalating concerns than the general public. Customer Care Representatives are our first point of contact for matters such as this. Regardless, if you are unable to assist CF members with this, I will be happy to draft a message to the folks at www.gmnavdisc.com. In the interim, please put forward that we (and I feel safe in representing the general membership in this instance) feel the segregation of your group from others that can provide us with the help we require is a significant oversight on the part of General Motors and what should be the Customer Care philosophy. I have long had the feeling when dealing with the navigation folks that they are a group amongst themselves, they will do what they want (on their schedule) and customer communication may come if and when they feel it may be appropriate. Hands down, there is no other group I dislike contacting as much as them because I never receive an informed, straight and/or satisfying answer. I am beyond the point where I can accept this as reasonable and it most certainly will affect my choice in future automobile purchases.

Respectfully,
    ddalder
    carter's_sts and KRSTS like this.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Although we try to assist everyone experiencing concerns or with questions, there are thousands of users on the forum which makes it difficult to get to everyone. This is why we suggest you private message any questions or concerns you hav*

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    It would seem to me that the best way to communicate with the "thousands" on this forum is to post on this forum, not by PM. DUH

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Like I said they are completely and utterly useless.

They do more harm for the brand by wasting people's time than good. They are honestly nothing more than a human owner manual for the people too pathetic to bother opening it up and reading it.

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

ddalder, Your letter to Katie was very well written. If Cadillac/GM can't or won't take good care of customers maybe its time to move on to another brand. Danny
    ddalder and KRSTS like this.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I am forced to agree with 1Bad...

While feeling no animus towards the people posting as Cadillac Cust Svc, it may be possible that the result of this 'outreach' is more pointless, distracting and irritating to those with issues that it ever delivers an actual positive customer experience.

Take this case, if this Cust Svc group were able to establish direct contact with the GM Nav Disk business unit, they might be successful in resolving this issue or at least establish and understanding of the reasons behind policies that aren't easily understood.

Instead, we hear "Call them yourself. They ignore us."

Been there. Done that.

If any other US company built a car I liked at a reasonable price, GM would be in trouble. But there is little hope in that. Everybody pretends to believe the small engine/small car propaganda while buying pick-up trucks, SUV's & Cross-overs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.