STS Navigation Disk - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS Navigation Disk in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey Fellas! Im new to the Forum! Greetings I have a 2006 STS and at one time had the NAV ...
    Chadilac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

Re: STS Navigation Disk

Hey Fellas! Im new to the Forum! Greetings
    I have a 2006 STS and at one time had the NAV disk but for some reason I went to use it the other day and have not used it for a while and realized either someone stole it or has been misplaced. Looked everywhere for it. I live in IL. Does anyone happen to have a extra they would like to part with or where I could get one without breaking the bank? Thanks!

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

One good reason for making a back-up disc.

Keep that in mind when you do get another.

You can try ebay for discs in the $100-$150 range.

You can do a google search for whichever GM disc p/n you want and see what else is out there.

All I have is a spare Version 1.0 disc. I don't recommend it.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Meh I could easily copy my 2010 Disc but each would require 2 DVD-DL discs (one for east one for west) and Dual Layer DVDs arent cheap.

LAC_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS

DL DVDs are cheap. GOOD QUALITY ones are a LITTLE expensive.

I use Verbatim DVD-R DL discs. They are $40 for 25 of them at Best Buy. I found them on sale for half off and bought two packs.

You can find them online cheaper.

When coping the STS NAV disc you really need quality discs and not cheap ones.

You are talking about backing up a $200 NAV disc. So even if the discs were $50 a piece it wouldnt be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS42005 View Post
    Meh I could easily copy my 2010 Disc but each would require 2 DVD-DL discs (one for east one for west) and Dual Layer DVDs arent cheap.
    If I sent you the disc's could you copy them for me? I will send you 4 or 5 if you want so you have some extras?

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Chadilac View Post
    If I sent you the disc's could you copy them for me? I will send you 4 or 5 if you want so you have some extras?
    That would be blatently illegal.

Making a back-up of a nav disc you already own is pretty darn easy though.

Dual-layer Verbatim DVDs are easily had for < $2 ea.

$4 for a backup is very worth it IMO.

Admittedly, Garmin/TomTom/ etc all have pretty crazy update costs, but GM has taken it to another level.

They seem to follow the Ink-jet printer philosophy: cheap printer, ridicuous replacement ink cost.

But with GM, they also charged crazy high for the DVD-NAV at the start!

IMO, $50 would be a more than fair cost for an update. Yet ebay $150 is about the market rate.

Can't make a back-up of something you don't have......

Slac I tried to PM you back but I am a new member and they said I can't PM yet because I dont have enough post or something to that liking. Do you have a email address you can PM me and I can talk to you about my breaking system on my car.

That can be arranged I dont mind helping members out.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post
    That would be blatently illegal.

Making a back-up of a nav disc you already own is pretty darn easy though.

Thank you Slee_Stack.

Selling or exchanging pirated software is a crime. Discussion of any and all criminal activity is prohibited on the forums:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/levy2rls.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NET_Act

The NET Act makes it illegal to reproduce or distribute copyrighted works, such as software programs and musical recordings, even if the defendant acts without a commercial purpose or for private financial gain.

"The term 'financial gain' includes receipt, or expectation of receipt, of anything of value, including the receipt of other copyrighted works.'.

I will gladly forward your IP addresses to the US Dept of Justice if you openly discuss pirating software here. Please keep that in mind.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

My apologies I thought it was only for selling of said items.

motorcitycam is offline Cadillac Owners Member

do you still have it.... i have one for 50 states DVD but for some reason when i put it in the clock will not set and the GPS has a red line across it 2006 sts

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Just a friendly reminder that I have, and will continue to forward IP addresses to the Dept of Justice internet crime division if people openly discuss exchanging or selling copied software. I love you guys and all, but the owners of this site don't want discussion of illegal activities here.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

rnkath08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 v8

old story here, but a long while ago I got an upgrade to the disc that came with my car, I've seriously never used the navigation, so I sent the prior disc off to a board member, and popped the new disc in and didn't really look it over....well, fast forward two summers, I was in Delaware last weekend, actually wanted to use the nav system.....guess what i have...west coast edition! So, does anyone have a spare east coast or nationwide edition that would work in my 06 sts for not a ton of money? maybe an older would be fine as since 08 this is the only time I ever really could've used it....kath (rnkathny08@aol.com)

also if anyone needs a west coast edition let me know, perhaps we could swap? I'm not interested in any bootleg stuff, just the actual disc and I would happily trade if it would work for someone else.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 135k
    Quote Originally Posted by rnkath08 View Post
    old story here, but a long while ago I got an upgrade to the disc that came with my car, I've seriously never used the navigation, so I sent the prior disc off to a board member, and popped the new disc in and didn't really look it over....well, fast forward two summers, I was in Delaware last weekend, actually wanted to use the nav system.....guess what i have...west coast edition! So, does anyone have a spare east coast or nationwide edition that would work in my 06 sts for not a ton of money? maybe an older would be fine as since 08 this is the only time I ever really could've used it....kath (rnkathny08@aol.com)

also if anyone needs a west coast edition let me know, perhaps we could swap? I'm not interested in any bootleg stuff, just the actual disc and I would happily trade if it would work for someone else.
    I have a 2007 east coast disc, might be interested in a swap.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.