Added nav to non nav sts! 100% confirmed vid and pics. Thank you polarbear05!!! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Added nav to non nav sts! 100% confirmed vid and pics. Thank you polarbear05!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I think i'll do that, and attach it to the dash or the lowest part of the center of the ...
    STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

Re: Added nav to non nav sts! 100% confirmed vid and pics. Thank you polarbear05!!!

I think i'll do that, and attach it to the dash or the lowest part of the center of the window.

Re: Added nav to non nav sts! 100% confirmed vid and pics. Thank you polarbear05!!!

slightly off topic. I am at work, so i cant read my manual, but how do you delete presets on the navi? or do you just have to over right them?

LAC_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS

Preset what? With the radio or with the actual navigation part?

If you enter the NAV diagnostic screen there is a reset in there for the whole NAV. You'll have to search here in the STS part if the forum for NAV diagnostic screen or NAV diagnostic instructions.

The thread tells you how to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC_STS View Post
    Preset what? With the radio or with the actual navigation part?

If you enter the NAV diagnostic screen there is a reset in there for the whole NAV. You'll have to search here in the STS part if the forum for NAV diagnostic screen or NAV diagnostic instructions.

The thread tells you how to get into it.
    ahh, sorry, i meant the radio presets.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

You save right over them.
    If you have the update done the preset configuration is slighly different (I have I cannot remember exactly what the change was but I do remember a slight change not in the way you save them but in how the presets are presented)

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Don't forget your audio settings (bass, mid & treble) save by preset.

Welp the pioneer antenna didnt work at all. The radio didnt even know something was plugged in. Question is, is there a gps disable through the tech 2? or is it possible the cadillac gps antenna is more special then just a pink connector? someone have a pic of the cadillac antenna and wire and plug?

I don't think there is a GPS off with the Tech II.

That's what I was talking about that the OEM antenna has it's own diagram of it's insides so there may be something special about it.

If your antenna is not hooked up for a while it can take a good while for it to recognize it. Alldata has a TSB that says it could take up to 50 miles with 25 left and right turns for it to be recognized.

There was also a thread a little whole ago where it took the OP a long time for the NAV to recognize the antenna.

And that's the OEM antenna so it might take even longer for an aftermarket one.

Also, if the connector is not ALL the way in it will not work. The OEM connector feels like it's in sometimes but it's actually hitting the metal casing of the NAV. You have to turn it a little one way and it will go in more.

I'm pretty sure you can go into the diagnostic menu and see if it's connected.

i'll try driving with it and see what happens. thanks for the input.

Search for te thread called "NAV diagnostic screen" or something like that.

I know you can see all the hardware hooked up to the NAV. It tells you the gyro reading and everything. It should tell you if it is getting signal from the antenna.

2005blacksts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts

Will a 2010 nav fit in an 05? Should right?

from what i heard, that is a no.

2005blacksts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts

O wow. Ok. Well good to know. Thank u for prompt reply.

from what i heard, the years are 2005-2007 and then 2008-2010 and probably beyond.

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by STE_6000 View Post
    from what i heard, the years are 2005-2007 and then 2008-2010 and probably beyond.
    I'm running an o8 in my o6 with no problems. I've never heard that an 2010 wouldn't work--but that doesn't mean anything

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.