Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Added nav to non nav sts! 100% confirmed vid and pics. Thank you polarbear05!!!

111K views 317 replies 55 participants last post by  DB05 
#1 ·
Well all you who thought that Polarbear05 was trying to pull a fast one on us were WRONG.

Adding a OEM NAV to a STS that did not come with a NAV is 100% possible and it is completely plug and play.

The non NAV STS's have only two wiring harnesses. The NAV STS has four. The first two on both vehicles are the exact same. They include all of the power/ground and all the speaker wires. The other two connectors that are not present on the non NAV STS are for voice recognition and A/V inputs/outputs.

I am getting the other two plugs (the ones that the non NAV STS does not have) and I am going to wire something up to be able to get A/V inputs/outputs.

On top of that my IPac AUX input works on the NAV too.

The employees at my local Cadillac dealer were in amazement when I went to get the NAV unlocked today. I had 10-15 of them all standing in a circle around me asking me questions.

So the bottom line is that you CAN add a Cadillac NAV to a non NAV STS. It is plug and play. All the door chimes and everything else works perfect. The only thing you will not have that a STS that comes with NAV has is the VR and the A/V inputs/outputs, and if you can get a hold of some connectors (some NAV's on Ebay come with them) you can wire that up too.

I dont know how everyone elses locks when in drive but mine locks DVD when put in drive. Haven't tried the NAV yet as I am waiting on the antenna.
BUT, on the stock radio you cannot try to change the vehicle settings (remote start, memory seats, etc) when the car is going over like 5mph.

On the NAV I have now NOTHING is disabled or grayed out when the vehicle is in motion. I can change the settings and everything. Is this how everyone else NAV works?

Anyways HERE IS THE PROOF!!! I havent posted a Youtube video on here yet so this may not come out right.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/69MeQX2Jvf8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/69MeQX2Jvf8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

See less See more
1 9
#317 ·
This forum has been a life saver to me. I usually just troll, get my answers and move on but as a show of my appreciation I am replying for the first time. Thank You Polar Bear and all those that post and participate, you don't get thanked enough. Has been stated adding Navigation to a non-Navigation system is quite cheap and simple. Here is my step by step install. I have a 2006 STS, with no factory navigation. I Purchased a Navigation radio from Carguts.com for $100 (2005-2007 are the same) I purchased a FAKRA Navigation GPS antenna for Ford, Motorcraft pink connector on e-bay for $11(yes I said Ford and yes it works great). I purchased a Nav DVD part number 15932106 version3 for $30 on e-bay. (note any version newer will not work on radios from 2005-2007 unless the software has been updated. If you use a radio later than 07 all the version DVDs will work). I got 1 2ft jumper wire and a very small electrical connector for $2.
Installation-remove frt radio bezel and passenger side dash access panel, take out factory radio, unplug. Connect plugs to new unit, route GPS connect to pink connector, connect your jumper wire to back of new unit at the brown plug, pin number 15 (bottom row of connectors 2nd from end. They are numbered) route your jumper wire through dash to passenger side of car access opening. Brown wire to connect VSS is there see Page 15 of this thread #223 shows picture. Put it back together and take somewhere to have theftlock removed. They will need a Tech2. I got mine done for $50. So for $200.00 I now have factory GPS WORKS GREAT! You will not have turn by turn voice!
BONUS: BLUETOOTH, STREAMING, ACC AND IPOD,. BONUS INFO. After further research i found a way to get Bluetooth and streaming through my new factory navigation unit. I purchased a ISimple Bluetooth add-on module and a ISimple(isgm574) gateway for $134 from Amazon.com. It plugs into the back of the radio. I can now receive and make phone calls from the radio along with streaming from whatever bluetooth device. It also gives me a auxiliary port. Another hour of labor time invested. I got everything functioning but what has been noted about voice. I hope this helps someone...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.