2006 sts vr
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 sts vr in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anybody out there with a 06 STS been successful in getting the VR system to work. Or know of ...
    dhac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

2006 sts vr

Has anybody out there with a 06 STS been successful in getting the VR system to work. Or know of a dealer who has been able to fix one to work correctly. Been to my dealer twice for the VR system. First time they updated some software, but really didn't work any better. So I figured I'd just give up and live with it. But, my daughter brought a 09 Honda CR-V with nav and all the goodies including VR. I tried the VR in the Honda and it worked every time. So, went back to the dealer, showed him and even had him to try giving it a command, getting the same results as me. Pardon, Command not recognized, no phone connected, no speech detected and etc. Got car back and the technician's report said system is working as design. Guess conclusion would suggest I take a speech course. I know I'm not the only one having this problem from reading replies in forums here on the STS Forum. So, just wondering if anybody has been successful in getting the VR to work right or any pointers to help me. Thanks.. dhac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Re: 2006 sts vr

While it is not the epitome of VR's, mine works fair after I took the time to print out the commands and practice the ones that I use most. The windows and S/R must be closed and the fan speed should be lower, other people in the car should not be talking and under those conditions it works 75% of the time. I use it mostly for phone names and simple nav commands that aren't allowed while driving.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: 2006 sts vr

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    The windows and S/R must be closed and the fan speed should be lower, other people in the car should not be talking and under those conditions it works 75% of the time.
    The Name Dialing works better than the rest of the system because you record your own voice. But you do need to have the phone matched as default & working beforehand.

I believe I get better results when it is set to Male US English and set my wife's to Female US English. (She preferred to hear a man's voice but is OK with the change.)

It improves with practice but I don't use it much.

[The point is not how gracefully the bear dances. It is that he dances at all!]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.