The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; After MANY weeks of searching, I finally have compiled 100% correct information for every light in the STS. Here it ...
    K STS is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8, 1999 Seville STS

The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide

After MANY weeks of searching, I finally have compiled 100% correct information for every light in the STS. Here it is:

Headlight (without HID) :
    ▬▬
    |O | -- 9005
    |O | -- H11
    | o| -- 192/194
    ▬▬

Front Running Light / Turn Signal:

▬▬
    ▬▬

Fog Light:

▬▬
    |O| -- H3-55W
    ▬▬

2 Front Side Marker - 194/2825
    2 Rear Side Marker - 194/2825
    2 Backup Lights - 3157
    2 License Plate Lights - 194/2825
    2 Front Overhead Dome Lights and 2 Rear Overhead Dome Lights - 194/2858
    2 Under Dash Lights by your feet - 194/2825
    2 Bottom of Door when you open - 906

This should be every light in the car. I will have my LED conversion finished later this week. Please sticky this, or put it in the FAQ and link to it. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

K STS is offline Banned

Re: The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide

now I need -YOUR- help.

I want to put Amber/Yellow LEDs inside the front turnsignal/running lights, but I dont want my blinkers to go crazy when I hit the turn signals. Any ideas?

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

just get led bulbs, they will just turn on and off quick, but no quicker in flash since it get pulses. so a standard led 3757 bulb will do it, and u can get white, yellow, blue what not.

K STS is offline Banned

How come when I put a 3757 turn signal bulb in my mustang, the turn signals went hyper quick?

Platinum06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* STS-4

Let us know how the interior lights work out....I'm looking into doing them in cool white.
    Thanks for the info

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

I have to replace a couple of lights & I'm a little confused. One of them you have marked as "192/194" and the other one as "194/2825." Is that designating 2 different bulbs for each or is that 1? For example, for the front side marker lights, do I say I need a 194 bulb, a 2825 bulb or a 194/2825 bulb.

Thanks,

Max

K STS is offline Banned

The items with slashes are the recommended bulbs for that application. If it says "192/194" then a 192 or 194 bulb would be the best match for that applciation. If they say "194/2825" you can use 194 or 2825. I know this is confusing since 192/194/2825 are all technically interchangeable, but the sizes mentioned are either what was found from other members here on the forum, or other members on cardomain or locally.

not sure about that, but i used led turn signals in my sports car and it worked normally. so you got me, not sue why your mustang was different.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

FAQ updated. Thank you!!

deucedude2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Good job, but just a couple points of interest;
    My car ('06STS4) has a W5W or 2827 bulb for the small light in the corner of the headlamp assy. While it appears to be a 192/194 it is quite a different bulb. Unlike a 192/194 the W5W or 2827 is a Halogen, so if you were to replace just one bulb with say a 192/194 it will be slightly dimmer and not the same color temp as the other. People may want to check which is in theirs prior to replacing just one bulb so as to get a perfect match. Also the backup light bulb you have listed contradicts my manual. In the manual it lists it as a 3157K the K meaning it uses a Krypton bulb, not the regular bulb.
    I have found over the years that while the bulb may fit the socket, the properties of the bulb can be vastly different.
    Cheers and thanks!
    Subsailor613 and Subsailor613 like this.

I posted a list from Sylvania's website that shows the 3157K bulbs ur talking about. if you need to know what you got, go to the company that makes the bulbs for almost all the cars that are sold in the USA. Sylvania

next2pool is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by STE_6000 View Post
    not sure about that, but i used led turn signals in my sports car and it worked normally. so you got me, not sue why your mustang was different.
    A lot of that depends on your flasher--electronic or "mechanical". By law, they have to indicate a light bulb that is out, but they use different methods--esp with body computers.

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

Of course, I decide to try to change it on Sunday & the small marker bulb in the headlamp assembly is not available anywhere. It wasn't so easy to change without removing the bumper. I ended up snapping off the clips that hold the lamp in place. What do you think would be the best way to secure it back?

Thanks,

Max

next2pool is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Maximln View Post
    Of course, I decide to try to change it on Sunday & the small marker bulb in the headlamp assembly is not available anywhere. It wasn't so easy to change without removing the bumper. I ended up snapping off the clips that hold the lamp in place. What do you think would be the best way to secure it back?

Thanks,

Max
    That's one of the items on my list for when I take it in tomorrow. I work right around the corner from the dealer, so unless the need it ovenight, I'll take the shuttle

caddycts20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS on 22" 3 piece wheels

does anyone know how many k's the stock hids have? i just placed 6000k on my fogs and it doesnt match my headlights im guessing to put in 4300k in my fogs. i dislike that bright blue that blinds drivers

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.