The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just as a note; I found it easier to "peel" back each respective side to remove the headlight housing assy., ...
    deucedude2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide

Just as a note; I found it easier to "peel" back each respective side to remove the headlight housing assy., instead of removing the entire facia. One side at a time as it were...
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
    I'm looking to replace with HID kits not LED, my little parking bulb went out I figure if I'm gonna dismantle the front of the car, might as well change all of them now.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I'd stick with the OEM bulbs. LED's may flicker when dimming.
    Note: I'm referring to interior lighting dimming on exit.

Thedippa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05' STS Northstar V8

What about the lights on the side of the car by the doors?

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by Thedippa View Post
    What about the lights on the side of the car by the doors?
    194's

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjax View Post
    194's
    Keep in mind this (may) depend on the model year. The 2008 (not sure about how many, if any prior years) is a clear lens with a clear bulb that illuminates amber. Not sure what the number is, but I suspect it may be a dealer or specialty only bulb.

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by ddalder View Post
    Keep in mind this (may) depend on the model year. The 2008 (not sure about how many, if any prior years) is a clear lens with a clear bulb that illuminates amber. Not sure what the number is, but I suspect it may be a dealer or specialty only bulb.
    194A = amber

194= clear (white)

clear bulbs don't illuminate amber. Some bulbs with have a coating over them to appear chrome, and that will illuminate amber like this...

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-XC-194A-.../dp/B001UG0OR2

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjax View Post
    194A = amber

194= clear (white)

clear bulbs don't illuminate amber. Some bulbs with have a coating over them to appear chrome, and that will illuminate amber like this...

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-XC-194A-.../dp/B001UG0OR2
    I had one of my bulbs out. It does not have an amber coating on it like the 194A. It did not look to have any sort of chrome coating and appeared perfectly clear like every other regular 194 I've seen for the past 30 years (perhaps very slightly larger).

According to my GM dealer, it is not a 194, it's a W5WLL (AC Delco No., which is often the standard industry number), GM P/N: 1999382. This isn't unlike the small position lamp bulb in the headlight housing (also a variation of the W5W bulb) that has a blue coating on it, but doesn't illuminate that colour.

The blue tint bulb is only for HID-equipped cars; a pretty good match, too!

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

What are the bulb sizes for HID-equipped models, specifically, 2007?

D1S? D2S? Want the low-beams, high-beams, and fogs to match as best as possible. Probably going to go with 5000K for all 3.

Only the low-beams are HID, by design. HID fogs make some sense but high-beams probably shouldn't be HID's. See "Flash to Pass" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Only the low-beams are HID, by design. HID fogs make some sense but high-beams probably shouldn't be HID's. See "Flash to Pass" thread.
    Cheers!

Sorry everyone; another noob question I couldn't find the answer to. Again, I'm used to cars that have ECU's that would detect and throw a code for even the most minute issues.

That being said, when swapping out the license plate lights to 2825 LED's, since the LED's draw less voltage than the OEM bulbs, would the computer not recognize this as a "bulb out" error and trigger the "bulb out" light on the dash?

The car doesn't have a bulb out lamp on the dash. I had licence plate lamps out when I first bought my car and no message. Looking through the schematics, I don't believe this functionality is incorporated in the STS (at least 2005+).

I guess I should've read more before ordering the damn bulbs.

How do you know if your car is equipped with HID (D1S) low beams or the standard (H11) halogens?

Are any 2007 STS models factory equipped with HID low beams?

The easiest is to look between the headlamp assembly and the grille at the fascia/bumper cover. If there is a little square cover, these are for headlamp washers and you have HID's. There will be one for each headlamp. No headlamp washers, no HID's.

Lots of 07's have HID's. I'd have say they are more common than not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.