The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; the blues have nothing to do with blinding drives, one is a color the other is bad aiming. most ppl ...
    STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

Re: The COMPLETE, CORRECT, STS Interior/Exterior Light Bulb Application Guide

the blues have nothing to do with blinding drives, one is a color the other is bad aiming. most ppl that put them on either don't aim them, or they are not designed to cut off at the trunk lids like all 98+ vehicals have.

caddycts20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS on 22" 3 piece wheels

yea i get you thank for the advice im going to install 4300k on my fogs tomorrow hopefully it matches my headlights

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

only problem with after markets they might still be color different depending on the companies design them, 4300K might be closer but it depends on how they were made by the company you by from. best bet is to replace the mains and fogs with the same company bulbs to get the best match.

M.A.C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS-V8

Has anyone replaced the fog lights (the lights below the amber parking lights) with something different than OEM. The left side bulb blew out and I'm thinking about upgrading both to something brighter.

Is this a bad idea?

LAC_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS

Yea. A bunch of members have done HIDs and some have done Silverstars or some other type of premium halogen bulbs. Try searching. You will be able to find quite a few threads.

Platinum06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 N* STS-4

I did the SilverStars...slighty better than stock.

AnthonyS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Resurrecting an old thread for a couple questions. In the original post it says H3-55W for our fogs, when ordering HIDs will the 55w be too hot for such a small space? I'm planning on changing headlights soon should I get fogs as well since I will already have the bumper off or are the fogs easy to access with the bumper on?

daykeys is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 4 V8

Sweet! this was just what I needed. I was about to post a thread asking about this but now I dont need to!

Haha, I was gonna do the same, had to do some deep searching for this! =)

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

For the Fogs, 55W is NOT too much for them, That is a factory size.
    OOPS, You were asking about HID's 55 W, Sorry !
    I am contemplating 100 W, NOw I am worried !
    Good Luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Subsailor613 View Post
    For the Fogs, 55W is NOT too much for them, That is a factory size.
    OOPS, You were asking about HID's 55 W, Sorry !
    I am contemplating 100 W, NOw I am worried !
    Good Luck !
    Yeah, I don't want to end up melting the housing because they're too hot. Maybe I'll stick with 35w 6k bulbs for the fogs just to be safe.

deucedude2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

To answer; you can do the fogs without bumper facia removal, its pretty easy.
    And, just for the record, THAT IS NOT the Complete or Correct bulb guide, its way off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread for a couple questions. In the original post it says H3-55W for our fogs, when ordering HIDs will the 55w be too hot for such a small space? I'm planning on changing headlights soon should I get fogs as well since I will already have the bumper off or are the fogs easy to access with the bumper on?

Quote Originally Posted by deucedude2003 View Post
    To answer; you can do the fogs without bumper facia removal, its pretty easy.
    And, just for the record, THAT IS NOT the Complete or Correct bulb guide, its way off!!!
    Thanks for the reply Deuce. Now Im kinda worried about ordering bulb types now, I have an 07 sts-v. Maybe I'll research bulb types a little further before committing to a purchase.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I'd stick with the OEM bulbs. LED's may flicker when dimming.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I'd stick with the OEM bulbs. LED's may flicker when dimming.
    I'm looking to replace with HID kits not LED, my little parking bulb went out I figure if I'm gonna dismantle the front of the car, might as well change all of them now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.