2006 STS is it French?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 STS is it French? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Imagine with me for a minute. Let's pretend that you are in France and I showed you this red Citroen. ...
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2006 STS is it French?

Imagine with me for a minute. Let's pretend that you are in France and I showed you this red Citroen. Now cose your eyes again and see this STS-V prototype. If I were to take the caddy badge off thsi car and tell you it was a 2006 Citroen wouldn't you believe me? l mean I really think Caddy is designing cars to atract a compact Euro Car type of buyer..
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Re: 2006 STS is it French?

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    Imagine with me for a minute. Let's pretend that you are in France and I showed you this red Citroen. Now cose your eyes again and see this STS-V prototype. If I were to take the caddy badge off thsi car and tell you it was a 2006 Citroen wouldn't you believe me? l mean I really think Caddy is designing cars to atract a compact Euro Car type of buyer..
    You are looking for every way possible to hate the STS. Under your name it says "Cadillac Fan", though you don't act like one. You say "The STS is smaller than XXXX car" then some posts actual dimensions that shows it longer, taller, and wider, and you make no comment, only to simply CONTINUE to go on saying it's smaller. You post pictures of an S500 with the seats all the way foward and then pictures of a DTS and STS with seats all the way back, and claim "look, the S500 is roomier".

You post pricing of the STS based on the top of the line models. The V6 starts just over $40k and the V8 starts at a little over $47k. The $55K+ cars are the ones with ALL the bells like adaptive cruise, nav, 5.1 surround sound. Your comparisons are off, you claim its smaller when it's not, and you compare it to a CTS when it's very different (other than the steering wheel center design, they look completely different inside!).

But I digress, judging by previous posts, you'll simply find some other reason to rag on the STS and other Cadillacs...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    You are looking for every way possible to hate the STS. Under your name it says "Cadillac Fan", though you don't act like one. You say "The STS is smaller than XXXX car" then some posts actual dimensions that shows it longer, taller, and wider, and you make no comment, only to simply CONTINUE to go on saying it's smaller. You post pictures of an S500 with the seats all the way foward and then pictures of a DTS and STS with seats all the way back, and claim "look, the S500 is roomier".

You post pricing of the STS based on the top of the line models. The V6 starts just over $40k and the V8 starts at a little over $47k. The $55K+ cars are the ones with ALL the bells like adaptive cruise, nav, 5.1 surround sound. Your comparisons are off, you claim its smaller when it's not, and you compare it to a CTS when it's very different (other than the steering wheel center design, they look completely different inside!).

But I digress, judging by previous posts, you'll simply find some other reason to rag on the STS and other Cadillacs...
    I LOVE GM and that is all I drive. I believe in giving positive reinforcement where appropriate and negative reinforcement as well. Teh CTS was overall a great design for thesegment (which I have echoed over and over and over again). The STS is really a car that I anticipated (when I saw early drawings) to be much more impressive looking (i.e. have design que's from the Cadillac 16 in some ways.

I am very proud of GM especially in quality achievements. Now the interior space issue is the crown they need to win back to again become the standard of the world. We don't need yes men at GM but people that will disrupt the flow when things take a turn for the worse (like we are seeing in the cramped inter iors as of late)..

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Do we need to speak slower?

It. Has. A. Larger. Interior. Than. The. Cars. You. Compared. It. To.

This has been detailed out many times now.
    Do you even read anything anyone else posts?

The incredible shrinking STS

Like a magical machine keeps shrinking the car...see through the years..
    Attached Images

Kenny Rogers would sing it this way

Like a magical machine keeps shrinking the car...see through the years..
    Ohh STS.

Through The Years

We Really Shrunk You Down

We Shaved Your Nose off Round

I know am glad I have the smallest luxury car in town.

When I could fit more food, or clothes or people too.

I remember when cars were made for small and tall.
    Together we'd fit all oh STS I'll always remember all the good years.

Verse Two:

STS Now you're small. You fit no one at all.

Remember when we all.
    Respected those who designed the cars of.... yesteryear.

Those years are gone...through the years..(sigh sigh..wimper wimper)

Bairritz, Deville and Allante tooo...

Even if you were two

you still remember style, and form and grace.(daddy, mommy and even uncle Jimmy carrying a cold case) could fit in the back seeeeat...do do dee dee dee..

that's all gone, GM things were all wrong...

thinking that our legs are long, or people actually are biiger than five foot two.

By Jersey Vette (Original Kenny Rogers Cover Song)

Tiny Tim returns

Ohh Through the years
    Attached Images

Re: The incredible shrinking STS

2004 SeVille
    Leg room(front).....................42.5
    Leg Room(front).....................38.2
    Head Room(front)...................38.2
    Head Room(rear)....................38.0
    Shoulder Room(front)..............59.1
    Shoulder Room(rear)...............58.0

2005 STS
    Leg Room(front)...................42.6
    Leg Room (rear)...................38.3
    Head Room(front).................38.7
    Head Room(rear)..................37.9
    Shoulder Room(front)............58.6
    Shoulder Room(rear)..............57.4

Oh sh!t! We lost a whole tenth of an inch in rear headroom! A half inch in shoulder width! That means the seats are a quarter inch tighter than last year. OMFG, the world is coming to an end. Those damn penny pinchers at GM! Grr.

Nevermind that everywhere else the car is actually larger...

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    2004 SeVille
    Leg room(front).....................42.5
    Leg Room(front).....................38.2
    Head Room(front)...................38.2
    Head Room(rear)....................38.0
    Shoulder Room(front)..............59.1
    Shoulder Room(rear)...............58.0

2005 STS
    Leg Room(front)...................42.6
    Leg Room (rear)...................38.3
    Head Room(front).................38.7
    Head Room(rear)..................37.9
    Shoulder Room(front)............58.6
    Shoulder Room(rear)..............57.4

Oh sh!t! We lost a whole tenth of an inch in rear headroom! A half inch in shoulder width! That means the seats are a quarter inch tighter than last year. OMFG, the world is coming to an end. Those damn penny pinchers at GM! Grr.

Nevermind that everywhere else the car is actually larger...
    You just proved all of my points in one sentence. Trimming space on the bumper or on teh hood is one thing but when that extra half inch makes or breaks the whole experience it is all over. Maybe Lincoln will come out witha real car with room. I'll pray and wait

It's a tenth of an inch in rear headroom for f*cksake. You gain that exact tenth back in legroom. If that makes the difference to you, take the pole out of your a$$ and slouch a bit, k?
    Better yet, sit in front. It's a tenth better in leg room and a full half inch more in headroom. Pull out the stats for your beloved foreign cars you keep saying it's smaller than. You'll be surprised.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

someone should just ban this troll

Foreign Cars are crap

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    It's a tenth of an inch in rear headroom for f*cksake. You gain that exact tenth back in legroom. If that makes the difference to you, take the pole out of your a$$ and slouch a bit, k?
    Better yet, sit in front. It's a tenth better in leg room and a full half inch more in headroom. Pull out the stats for your beloved foreign cars you keep saying it's smaller than. You'll be surprised.
    I really do not like anything about foreign cars (generally speaking). USA actually showed Germany and the rest of europe (IMO) what rear spacious comfort was in the early Cadillac days. Where the heck has all that good gone that was in GM mindset in respect to roominess. There are several very large cars that handle very well (S55 AMG for example). Why does trimming and tucking have to be the path caddy is taking? Can't you agree with me on this at all? The experience of Cadillac's touring and roomy heritage can not be stripped away. Like William Wallace said in Braveheart "they can take away our lives but they will never take our freedom". When crammed in the back of a 1998 or newer STS (which is unavoidable for me at times) I always say to myself " I would do anything for a few more inches of head room and leg room." I man you can't even fit your feet under the rear seat without discomfort. What happened to designing functional and aerodynamic cars. My opinion is that once GM started chasing Asia as a target market they turned their back on us lanky westerner's by trimming all the good out of STS's size. I am still scratching my head wondering why companies as crappy as VW can design the "ideal cabin" in cars like Bentley Continental GT. I mean a W12 engine with leg room out the wazoo (without the extra bulkiness that everyone tries to throuw out there). I am the lonely voice who represents what millions really want to tell Gm but never say it. Maybe GM will someday remember where they came from.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Foreign Cars are crap

I really do not like anything about foreign cars (generally speaking). USA actually showed Germany and the rest of europe (IMO) what rear spacious comfort was in the early Cadillac days. Where the heck has all that good gone that was in GM mindset in respect to roominess. There are several very large cars that handle very well (S55 AMG for example). Why does trimming and tucking have to be the path caddy is taking? Can't you agree with me on this at all? The experience of Cadillac's touring and roomy heritage can not be stripped away. Like William Wallace said in Braveheart "they can take away our lives but they will never take our freedom". When crammed in the back of a 1998 or newer STS (which is unavoidable for me at times) I always say to myself " I would do anything for a few more inches of head room and leg room." I man you can't even fit your feet under the rear seat without discomfort. What happened to designing functional and aerodynamic cars. My opinion is that once GM started chasing Asia as a target market they turned their back on us lanky westerner's by trimming all the good out of STS's size. I am still scratching my head wondering why companies as crappy as VW can design the "ideal cabin" in cars like Bentley Continental GT. I mean a W12 engine with leg room out the wazoo (without the extra bulkiness that everyone tries to throuw out there). I am the lonely voice who represents what millions really want to tell Gm but never say it. Maybe GM will someday remember where they came from.
    in every single f'ing thread you made regarding size how european sedan has more room, we proved to you that you are absolutely wrong. Stop trolling and leave the f'ing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    someone should just ban this troll
    Which troll? The designer of the 2005 STS?

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

jerseyvette, what's goin on? ( :drinker) Cadillac's positioning stategy is to provide world class handling, refinement, and design; 'roominess' takes the backseat in the strategy (no pun intended )...for back seat roomminess, take a look at this thread:

Ford 500

gothica...I feel you frustrations but it's not worth getting heated up about.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.