2006 STS is it French? - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 STS is it French? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by STS 310 LOL!!!! I'm coming to see you too in LA! Kidding! Glad at least someone has ...
  1. #31
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    151

    Re: 2006 STS is it French?

    Quote Originally Posted by STS 310
    LOL!!!!
    I'm coming to see you too in LA! Kidding! Glad at least someone has a sense of humor here!

  2. #32
    Slick V's Avatar
    Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Age
    30
    Posts
    247

    Re: 2006 STS is it French?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    I'll stop by and see you when I am in FL. Which number is your trailer?
    Tell me when your coming, ill give you somewhere to meet.

  3. #33
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    151

    Re: 2006 STS is it French?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick V
    Tell me when your coming, ill give you somewhere to meet.
    You started all this with the "moron" and "shut me up" comments. Just be mature and professional and I'll stop the sarcasm. I was always good to you before you started pushing my yankee buttons..

    We have a deal?

    Let's find things in common about us like we both want what is best for Cadillac and America..agree?

  4. #34
    miscreant's Avatar
    miscreant is offline GM Connection
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Norman, OK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,286

    Re: The Truth Will Set You Free

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    There is aconcept in psychology called "group think." Essentially it is when people get together and start believing the same the same BS that they keep telling each other (that is a sub reality based on non truths). This happened in Nazi germany when good kids became killers and in examples like JFK and thebay of pigs invasion (when we almost ewent to nuclear war) because advisors to the president were yes men and group thinkers".
    ...closemindedness...dillusional...Those are Psychology terms too.

    Those who think teh Deville is super roomy and at par with germany's large cars must have come from smaller cars in their driving history because the car is really not very big inside
    No, the point is that the Deville is not as small as you are making it out to be...

    3) I still feel that since STS continues to shrink (not on an "inch here, 1/3 inch there level" but on a level to what other cars it is compared with like Acuras, 525i's etc)...If GM was looking to comete in highly compact performance segments.
    Over and over saying the same thing. I don't even understand why you posted this about the "Acura" and the "525i", both those cars are smaller than the STS???

    4) I learned long ago that people's compensation plan dictates their behavior. Many "Supporting Members" here feel it is apropriate to call me a "troll" because I am in between buyers and their bank accounts. What I mean here is that why would you bash a 2005 STS critic unless you were looking to gain from the sale of the 2005 STS cars. A Caddy dealer would be the first person to shoot down criticism (think about it). I'm commenting for teh well being of teh Americans that buy the cars, shareholders and people that make money building cars that are positioned well. When a car is made cramped it is bad for America, Workers and Families that are stuck in that tiny back seat.
    I resent that. I don't expect to be selling any STSs to anyone on the board, that's not my intention here. I'm a Cadillac fan, and have seen, driven, and compared the STS. I just simply don't agree with you. But my main frustration is that you continue to make comments like:

    The STS prices are soaring - when they are infact dropping....when you compare options to options of the competitors pricewise, the STS is right there, if not lower in many cases. But you never comment back to those posts.

    Or you post that the STS is "smaller" than X car, but when someone posts actual dimensions (like how the STS is longer, wider, taller, and larger in all interior measurements, than a 545i), you never comment. Simply posts again, the same thing.

    I think a couple of your points are valid, but you post so much of the same thing over and over than my agreements get lost in my frustration that you simply seem like you are looking for EVERY excuse in the book to nail the STS to the wall for being something YOU wanted it to be, which it was never intended to be in the first place.

    If you would post back comments or discussions in relation to the posts that are responses to yours, that would be different. But instead, you post one comment, get several responses, but do not address the responses, as if we are simply just mere mortals...Then your only comment back is to make some accusation that I'm here to defend the STS so that I can sell it to all these board members. Please...

    And to continue to start thread after thread with the obvious intentions of stirring the pot (like that Citroen post), that just gets annoying.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

  5. #35
    Slick V's Avatar
    Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Age
    30
    Posts
    247

    Re: 2006 STS is it French?

    Ok, ill let bi-gones be bi-gones, but do us a favor and look at these numbers miscreant and gothicaleigh have shown. Those are from the factories, meaning they are fact and the numbers dont lie. They cannot put false numbers of there dimensions, interior or exterior, because thats false advertising. Just stop being so repetitive on stating that the new STS has a smaller interior then (.......), when people post factual interior dimensions that prove that the STS is bigger. Dont see what people write, read what they write.

  6. #36
    Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,684

    Re: The Truth Will Set You Free

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    4) I learned long ago that people's compensation plan dictates their behavior. Many "Supporting Members" here feel it is apropriate to call me a "troll" because I am in between buyers and their bank accounts. What I mean here is that why would you bash a 2005 STS critic unless you were looking to gain from the sale of the 2005 STS cars. A Caddy dealer would be the first person to shoot down criticism (think about it). I'm commenting for teh well being of teh Americans that buy the cars, shareholders and people that make money building cars that are positioned well. When a car is made cramped it is bad for America, Workers and Families that are stuck in that tiny back seat.

    Bring it on!
    BTW there is a difference between "Supporting Members" and "Supporting Vendor"

  7. #37
    Brett's Avatar
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tampa
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,965

    Re: The Truth Will Set You Free

    Jersey, please stop starting threads. Consider this a warning, this constant crap borders on trollish behavior.

  8. #38
    CoupeDevilleRob's Avatar
    CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Age
    30
    Posts
    789

    Re: 2006 STS is it French?

    Is jerseyvette the secret internet identity of Michael Moore? I mean he comes up with a good, yet controversial, argument, but then goes overboard with it by making up facts and insisting he's right.

    And how the hell are cramped backseats bad for American workers? Most American workers can't afford a new Cadillac any way. Stop trying to use patriotism to slander American cars.

    Why anyone even listens to him is beyond me. You know he's wrong and he thrives on these arguments. Ignore him and he'll go away.

  9. #39
    CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    127

    Re: Ford 500

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    I looked at your post and it is great (re: Ford 500). Want to hear an interesting fact. Ford has a higher research and development annual budget than GM. If we all keep beating up on GM for poor designs they may wake up. WSJ posted that revenue is dropping at GM (the inverse is happening at Daimler and Ford). GM still a goliath and have deep pockets. Things happen in cycles, companies eventually wake up and respond to feedback and their is a turnaround.

    That 500 is what I was referring to: Slightly larger outside and much bigger and more functional inside. I guess Ford is proud to make American sized cars. Good post!
    I would be shocked if the statement about research budgets is true, but it requires too much effort to look it up.

    The revenue one is easy, though, and as usual, JerseyVette is talking out of his ass. GM revenue is up this year. 2nd quarter income was 49.1 billion, Q1 was 47.8. 2nd quarter last year was 45.1 billion. 2nd quarter income was up 49% over last year.

  10. #40
    SARANTCADDY1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Age
    39
    Posts
    6

    Re: 2006 STS is it French?

    Hey, Miscreant, where did you get the information regarding the new DTS? Is it still going to be on the K Body Platform? How different will it be from the current one?

    BTW, can't we all just get along???

  11. #41
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    151

    Is this an open forum or a front for dealers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Jersey, please stop starting threads. Consider this a warning, this constant crap borders on trollish behavior.
    I'm not trying to make any enemies Brett. I am too a true Cadillac fan that has owned several of these cars (currently my company has two for business cars SLS and an STS). Why have a forum if things are only the way you want them to be? Why not hear every side of the story? Am I not allowed to be here if I don't every design cadillac puts out? My posts are all facual in my opinion (which is what forums are about). Look at the amount of views and reply's on my posts. Many agree strongly with me so I don't feel bad speaking up.

    I have also been seeing many respondants getting personal when I point out design flaws in cars like this 2005 STS. I also see a pettern that these people making the comments are mostly dealers looking to have apresence here to make money. Isn't that what ebay and other auto shopping Internet sites are for?

    Why don't you want to just let me speak up? Do I need to start another forum called opencadillacdiscussions.com?

    I've been good to your site and have actually bought products from your sponsoring vendors. I;'d expect some recriprocation.

  12. #42
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    151

    Re: 2006 STS is it French?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick V
    Ok, ill let bi-gones be bi-gones, but do us a favor and look at these numbers miscreant and gothicaleigh have shown. Those are from the factories, meaning they are fact and the numbers dont lie. They cannot put false numbers of there dimensions, interior or exterior, because thats false advertising. Just stop being so repetitive on stating that the new STS has a smaller interior then (.......), when people post factual interior dimensions that prove that the STS is bigger. Dont see what people write, read what they write.
    Spoken like a gentleman Slick V and I appreciate that. I think we both agree that this debate is really fun and makes being on line such a better experience. Give me some creit for having the highest viewed posts. Maybe we'll meet at a car show sometime. I gte to FL a few times per year (great steamers and beer down there!)

    Signed, A nice guy from Jersey that loves cadillacforums.com! :coolgleam

  13. #43
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    151

    Re: Ford 500

    Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFan2004
    I would be shocked if the statement about research budgets is true, but it requires too much effort to look it up.

    The revenue one is easy, though, and as usual, JerseyVette is talking out of his ass. GM revenue is up this year. 2nd quarter income was 49.1 billion, Q1 was 47.8. 2nd quarter last year was 45.1 billion. 2nd quarter income was up 49% over last year.
    The R&D Comment was true. There is a book at barnes and noble called "the top 20 of everything 2004" that lists companies with the highest R&D budgets and by vertical. I think ford is like 5.5 Bill Annually and GM is like $4.2 Bill annually..

  14. #44
    Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,684

    Re: Is this an open forum or a front for dealers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    I'm not trying to make any enemies Brett. I am too a true Cadillac fan that has owned several of these cars (currently my company has two for business cars SLS and an STS). Why have a forum if things are only the way you want them to be? Why not hear every side of the story? Am I not allowed to be here if I don't every design cadillac puts out? My posts are all facual in my opinion (which is what forums are about). Look at the amount of views and reply's on my posts. Many agree strongly with me so I don't feel bad speaking up.

    I have also been seeing many respondants getting personal when I point out design flaws in cars like this 2005 STS. I also see a pettern that these people making the comments are mostly dealers looking to have apresence here to make money. Isn't that what ebay and other auto shopping Internet sites are for?

    Why don't you want to just let me speak up? Do I need to start another forum called opencadillacdiscussions.com?

    I've been good to your site and have actually bought products from your sponsoring vendors. I;'d expect some recriprocation.
    As others have pointed out, stop posting repetitive stuff. It gets annoying (ie, 5 yr that wouldn't stop kicking), and most people will see it as a trollishy behavior. It's good that you post your opinions but when others reply to your opinions with a fact and prove you wrong, learn to accept it.

  15. #45
    miscreant's Avatar
    miscreant is offline GM Connection
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Norman, OK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,286

    Re: Is this an open forum or a front for dealers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    I also see a pettern that these people making the comments are mostly dealers looking to have apresence here to make money. Isn't that what ebay and other auto shopping Internet sites are for?
    I'm the only "dealer" that I know of posting in competition of you, and I'm CERTAINLY not here to make money. Look how many posts I have made. Try to read them. How many can you find where I was trying to make money. Check out my site. I'm a participant, not a salesman (I'm not even a salesperson at the dealer). In fact, I think I've only ever posted about CTS-V's or XLR's that I have available simply because in certain areas they are hard to find. Several board members have called me and I've assisted them with their purchase SOMEWHERE else from SOMEONE else.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting