2006 STS is it French? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 STS is it French? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Devil_concours in every single f'ing thread you made regarding size how european sedan has more room, we ...
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Foreign Cars are crap

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    in every single f'ing thread you made regarding size how european sedan has more room, we proved to you that you are absolutely wrong. Stop trolling and leave the f'ing forum
    This is for all caddy fans which I am one of. You are just mad because I speak the truth. Maybe you are not a Kenny Rogers fan, if I offended you I'll write a more modern tune next time. I've always been good to you with your threads I'd expect soem professionalism and recriprocation.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Foreign Cars are crap

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    This is for all caddy fans which I am one of. You are just mad because I speak the truth. Maybe you are not a Kenny Rogers fan, if I offended you I'll write a more modern tune next time. I've always been good to you with your threads I'd expect soem professionalism and recriprocation.
    then stop posting samething over and over again even when we proved you wrong many times with real facts to back it up

Mini Cooper STS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C
    jerseyvette, what's goin on? ( :drinker) Cadillac's positioning stategy is to provide world class handling, refinement, and design; 'roominess' takes the backseat in the strategy (no pun intended )...for back seat roomminess, take a look at this thread:

Ford 500

gothica...I feel you frustrations but it's not worth getting heated up about.
    So Cadillac is taking the Mini Cooper route? Are you seriuos that roominess is a back seat? AM I still in America? I must be last of the real mohicans? Those who share my feelings need to speak up. AMEN!
    Attached Images

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Mini Cooper STS!

Yes, rear seat room is a low priority right now with the tradeoffs being refinement and style. Show me who wrote the rule that says Cadillacs have to have a big back seat to be called a Cadillac. And why are you making comparisons/allusions to compact cars? It's not that bad, man.

Ford 500

jerseyvette, what's goin on? ( :drinker) Cadillac's positioning stategy is to provide world class handling, refinement, and design; 'roominess' takes the backseat in the strategy (no pun intended )...for back seat roomminess, take a look at this thread:

Ford 500

gothica...I feel you frustrations but it's not worth getting heated up about.
    I looked at your post and it is great (re: Ford 500). Want to hear an interesting fact. Ford has a higher research and development annual budget than GM. If we all keep beating up on GM for poor designs they may wake up. WSJ posted that revenue is dropping at GM (the inverse is happening at Daimler and Ford). GM still a goliath and have deep pockets. Things happen in cycles, companies eventually wake up and respond to feedback and their is a turnaround.

That 500 is what I was referring to: Slightly larger outside and much bigger and more functional inside. I guess Ford is proud to make American sized cars. Good post!

Yes, rear seat room is a low priority right now with the tradeoffs being refinement and style. Show me who wrote the rule that says Cadillacs have to have a big back seat to be called a Cadillac. And why are you making comparisons/allusions to compact cars? It's not that bad, man.
    Both should be expected froma great company like GM is where I am driving at with space and performance. I am speculating here but Cadillac's are probably a nice sized profit center for GM. If Deville goes the STS route in the sizing trend we may be left without a premium sized sedan with a caddy badge.

I guess living in memories of the good ole roomy and fast caddy days may be over...

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Both should be expected froma great company like GM is where I am driving at with space and performance. I am speculating here but Cadillac's are probably a nice sized profit center for GM. If Deville goes the STS route in the sizing trend we may be left without a premium sized sedan with a caddy badge.

I guess living in memories of the good ole roomy and fast caddy days may be over...
    [closes eyes]

When I read your posts, OVER AND OVER saying the same thing, it reminds me of the other day. I was sitting on the couch and my 5 year old son kept kicking the kitchen table...after about 20 seconds I told him to stop...he kept kicking it...I told him louder...he kept kicking it...I finally yelled...he kept kicking it...I gave my final warning...he stopped...then started again, kicking it...over and over, on an on...If you're not a troll, you're the next closest thing...

Oh, yeah, in case anyone hasn't mentioned it, THE STS IS NOT THE BE-ALL END-ALL FLAGSHIP SUPER-ROOMY SUPER-LUXO sedan you think it's supposed to be!!! Basically, the STS has filled a nitch that cadillac never had. The old STS was basically a "slimmed" Deville, but it was *almost* the same size. The STS now fights the *middle* road between the CTS and the coming DTS. Were you also aware a BIG BOAT was planned for 2007-2008, a rear-drive boat like the 16 (but probably not a 16banger). Most STSs will run from $41k to $52K, with the Super sedans being in the high 50s, low 60s (low 60's get's you all the goodies). I think you were thinking that Cadillac was trying to just jump in with both feet, and I think you are gravely mistaken. I don't believe Cadillac thought or planned for the STS to just TAKE OVER the market segment. I think what they want to do, at least with this first major push (like they did with the CTS) is DRAW some of the segment, while still satisfying some of the loyal Cadillac buyers who wouldn't take a gander at the STS if it was too euro-luxo...You think Cadillac missed the boat, because you are thinking the STS was to be something it wasn't ever intended to be...

The DTS is supposed to be 4" longer than the current DTS, with an even longer wheelbase extention, as well as forward and aft adjusting and reclining rear seats. I think the DTS is what you were expecting the STS to be, but unfortunately, the MAIN market segment right that is so popular right now are the smaller cars. Todays Cadillac buyers, according to demographics, tend to own SUVs as second cars. The two MOST popular Cadillacs right now are the CTS and Escalade. The Deville and Seville can't be GIVEN away right now. We trade about 20% Devilles for CTSs these days. Not to say some people don't feel exactly as you do, but most don't.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2006 STS is it French?

Finally i think you guys shut him up. Facts are facts and what you think of car is just an opinion.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    [closes eyes]

When I read your posts, OVER AND OVER saying the same thing, it reminds me of the other day. I was sitting on the couch and my 5 year old son kept kicking the kitchen table...after about 20 seconds I told him to stop...he kept kicking it...I told him louder...he kept kicking it...I finally yelled...he kept kicking it...I gave my final warning...he stopped...then started again, kicking it...over and over, on an on...If you're not a troll, you're the next closest thing...

Oh, yeah, in case anyone hasn't mentioned it, THE STS IS NOT THE BE-ALL END-ALL FLAGSHIP SUPER-ROOMY SUPER-LUXO sedan you think it's supposed to be!!! Basically, the STS has filled a nitch that cadillac never had. The old STS was basically a "slimmed" Deville, but it was *almost* the same size. The STS now fights the *middle* road between the CTS and the coming DTS. Were you also aware a BIG BOAT was planned for 2007-2008, a rear-drive boat like the 16 (but probably not a 16banger). Most STSs will run from $41k to $52K, with the Super sedans being in the high 50s, low 60s (low 60's get's you all the goodies). I think you were thinking that Cadillac was trying to just jump in with both feet, and I think you are gravely mistaken. I don't believe Cadillac thought or planned for the STS to just TAKE OVER the market segment. I think what they want to do, at least with this first major push (like they did with the CTS) is DRAW some of the segment, while still satisfying some of the loyal Cadillac buyers who wouldn't take a gander at the STS if it was too euro-luxo...You think Cadillac missed the boat, because you are thinking the STS was to be something it wasn't ever intended to be...

The DTS is supposed to be 4" longer than the current DTS, with an even longer wheelbase extention, as well as forward and aft adjusting and reclining rear seats. I think the DTS is what you were expecting the STS to be, but unfortunately, the MAIN market segment right that is so popular right now are the smaller cars. Todays Cadillac buyers, according to demographics, tend to own SUVs as second cars. The two MOST popular Cadillacs right now are the CTS and Escalade. The Deville and Seville can't be GIVEN away right now. We trade about 20% Devilles for CTSs these days. Not to say some people don't feel exactly as you do, but most don't.
    exactly, no one sits there and bitches about the E class ofr 5 series being cramped, because you have the 7 and the S class...THE STS IS NOT IN THE SAME CLASS AS THE 7 OR THE S. :rolleyes2 jerseyvette keeps acting as if the STS is suppoed to be the big sedan coming out of cadillac, NO...that would be the DTS and belive me, when i had my DTS, i never got one complaint about the back, instead compliments on how roomy it was. Much more roomier than my previous 1991 Lincoln Town Car. And whats up with comparing it to some peice of shit citroen? what just cuz it has 4 wheels??? :drinker come on man, gimme a break.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Writing as one who has felt the sting on a Jerseyvette reply (see thread "Price Styling Laacking.." (SIC), posts 81-82-83) I say thank you to Miscreant for his/her measured tone. To comment on the top of this thread, namely the the two photos posted, the only things I see in common are a roof, 4 doors, and 4 tires !
    If you want rear legroom then get a DTS.

The Truth Will Set You Free

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee
    Writing as one who has felt the sting on a Jerseyvette reply (see thread "Price Styling Laacking.." (SIC), posts 81-82-83) I say thank you to Miscreant for his/her measured tone. To comment on the top of this thread, namely the the two photos posted, the only things I see in common are a roof, 4 doors, and 4 tires !
    If you want rear legroom then get a DTS.
    There is aconcept in psychology called "group think." Essentially it is when people get together and start believing the same the same BS that they keep telling each other (that is a sub reality based on non truths). This happened in Nazi germany when good kids became killers and in examples like JFK and thebay of pigs invasion (when we almost ewent to nuclear war) because advisors to the president were yes men and group thinkers".

After posting here for a while and hearing your thoughts I have come to a few conclusions.
    1) Those who think teh Deville is super roomy and at par with germany's large cars must have come from smaller cars in their driving history because the car is really not very big inside (regardless of what teh GM dealsers that support this site are trying to sell us on)

2) We all want to feel like "the style of the car we drive" was worth the investment. In case of CTS everyone hopes that the STS will make the car mnore exclusive, valuable and fancy. I did not mean to knock anyones hopes or esteem with my comments that own a CTS. I say it again and again that teh car is excellent in every category for the segment it is positioned in. The 2005 STS is where I feel the mistakes were made in the overall product. Again, we are in Amercia and have freedom of speech.

3) I still feel that since STS continues to shrink (not on an "inch here, 1/3 inch there level" but on a level to what other cars it is compared with like Acuras, 525i's etc) it is taking the brand and name STS into a smaller car category which can be SERIOUSLY damaging to what people think of when they see the badge. If GM was looking to comete in highly compact performance segments it moght have been a good idea to keep Cadillac as teh "luxury touring" brand and come out witha different brand for cars like STS and the V Series etc. When the RWD limousene type touring cars deceased at Cadillac it was a sign to us all that a segment was potentially dead for the American brand. Lincoln embraced this segment and are reaping the rewards for the livery and luxury sedan segment. Dollars to Dollars I feel that throwing away "people carrying RWD" cars was a very big mistake for the company because isf a Cadillac 16 comes back it is again in a hole to gain mindshare of customers for that segment. It would be like Mc Donalds choosing to stop selling hambergers for 10 years then deciding to come out with another one. This would lead to a reinventing marketing plan. The analogy holds true for teh space Lincoln has right now with Towncar, THE DEVILLE DOES NOT COMPETE HERE SEE THE SALE STATS AND LOOK ON THE ROADS .

4) I learned long ago that people's compensation plan dictates their behavior. Many "Supporting Members" here feel it is apropriate to call me a "troll" because I am in between buyers and their bank accounts. What I mean here is that why would you bash a 2005 STS critic unless you were looking to gain from the sale of the 2005 STS cars. A Caddy dealer would be the first person to shoot down criticism (think about it). I'm commenting for teh well being of teh Americans that buy the cars, shareholders and people that make money building cars that are positioned well. When a car is made cramped it is bad for America, Workers and Families that are stuck in that tiny back seat.

Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick V
    Finally i think you guys shut him up. Facts are facts and what you think of car is just an opinion.
    I'll stop by and see you when I am in FL. Which number is your trailer?

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: The Truth Will Set You Free

There is aconcept in psychology called "group think." Essentially it is when people get together and start believing the same the same BS that they keep telling each other (that is a sub reality based on non truths). This happened in Nazi germany when good kids became killers and in examples like JFK and thebay of pigs invasion (when we almost ewent to nuclear war) because advisors to the president were yes men and group thinkers".

After posting here for a while and hearing your thoughts I have come to a few conclusions.
    1) Those who think teh Deville is super roomy and at par with germany's large cars must have come from smaller cars in their driving history because the car is really not very big inside (regardless of what teh GM dealsers that support this site are trying to sell us on)

2) We all want to feel like "the style of the car we drive" was worth the investment. In case of CTS everyone hopes that the STS will make the car mnore exclusive, valuable and fancy. I did not mean to knock anyones hopes or esteem with my comments that own a CTS. I say it again and again that teh car is excellent in every category for the segment it is positioned in. The 2005 STS is where I feel the mistakes were made in the overall product. Again, we are in Amercia and have freedom of speech.

3) I still feel that since STS continues to shrink (not on an "inch here, 1/3 inch there level" but on a level to what other cars it is compared with like Acuras, 525i's etc) it is taking the brand and name STS into a smaller car category which can be SERIOUSLY damaging to what people think of when they see the badge. If GM was looking to comete in highly compact performance segments it moght have been a good idea to keep Cadillac as teh "luxury touring" brand and come out witha different brand for cars like STS and the V Series etc. When the RWD limousene type touring cars deceased at Cadillac it was a sign to us all that a segment was potentially dead for the American brand. Lincoln embraced this segment and are reaping the rewards for the livery and luxury sedan segment. Dollars to Dollars I feel that throwing away "people carrying RWD" cars was a very big mistake for the company because isf a Cadillac 16 comes back it is again in a hole to gain mindshare of customers for that segment. It would be like Mc Donalds choosing to stop selling hambergers for 10 years then deciding to come out with another one. This would lead to a reinventing marketing plan. The analogy holds true for teh space Lincoln has right now with Towncar, THE DEVILLE DOES NOT COMPETE HERE SEE THE SALE STATS AND LOOK ON THE ROADS .

4) I learned long ago that people's compensation plan dictates their behavior. Many "Supporting Members" here feel it is apropriate to call me a "troll" because I am in between buyers and their bank accounts. What I mean here is that why would you bash a 2005 STS critic unless you were looking to gain from the sale of the 2005 STS cars. A Caddy dealer would be the first person to shoot down criticism (think about it). I'm commenting for teh well being of teh Americans that buy the cars, shareholders and people that make money building cars that are positioned well. When a car is made cramped it is bad for America, Workers and Families that are stuck in that tiny back seat.

Bring it on!

...you flatter yourself.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

I'll stop by and see you when I am in FL. Which number is your trailer?
    LOL!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.