sts owners, overall satisfaction thus far???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, sts owners, overall satisfaction thus far??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hey guys, ive been wanting one of these cars for the longest time now. ive test driven a few and ...
    gust_1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00' sts

sts owners, overall satisfaction thus far???

hey guys, ive been wanting one of these cars for the longest time now. ive test driven a few and the only thing that i didnt love was the fact that the center console was a little cramping. new ones are a little out of my price range and was considering an 07, 08 (preferably 08; body style differences) and only white diamond. i currently have an 00 sts and its the most comfortable, driver friendly car ive been in. however, its got problems and its time (with me anyway) is up.

would any of you 05+ sts owners recommend that i further pursue ownership in cadillac or should i continue shopping elsewhere?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KARL DAHLEN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2008 STSV6 RWD

Re: sts owners, overall satisfaction thus far???

I've had my 08 for over a year and I am still absolutely in love with it. The best car I have ever owned and I have owned many in 66 years. I have a 92 STS (which I still have) and I thought that was great, but it is getting a little long in the tooth. Plan to trade it under the Cash for Clunkers program ($4500 credit) for a new car for my son.

Dadollac1 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4 V8 1SG with ACC

All I can say is that "when I turn my Cadillac on ,it really returns the favor."

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

We have two... an '06 STS-V and an '06 STS4. They are both really great cars. 40K miles on the STS-V and 86K miles on the STS4, and relatively few problems considering the sophistication level of these cars. The most major thing that went wrong was that the catalytic converters on the STS4 both went bad, but were replaced for free under emissions warranty.

I highly recommend them to anyone looking in this price range, and if you buy one slightly used, the savings are significant. Be sure to get one fully loaded. I personally recommend getting one with the heads up display which is still probably the best HUD on the market (IMHO).

mbnv992 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS4 V8 (sold), 2005 STS V6 1SC

My car is OK. I would defiantly NOT buy another new STS again though. I feel for what I'm paying for my 2007 STS (no Nav, no HUD, no ACC, etc.) I should be getting a LOT more car for my money ($998 per month). Don't get me wrong, the STS is a great car, the transmission could definitely shift a little smoother (at least in my car anyway), but NOT worth it getting one new. My next car will be a used STS-V, hands down. I will NEVER get a car that is not "fully loaded" again. Lesson learned.

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

I love my STS, but GM hasn't significantly updated it since 05 and won't until it is discontinued. There's tremendous value in finding a nice used one. If you fit, you may want to try a recent CTS as well.

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by gust_1980 View Post
    i currently have an 00 sts and its the most comfortable, driver friendly car ive been in. however, its got problems and its time (with me anyway) is up.

would any of you 05+ sts owners recommend that i further pursue ownership in cadillac or should i continue shopping elsewhere?
    I came out of a '99 STS and I agree you...that car was ahead of its time in a lot of ways.

Although my current STS-V is a little disappointing when compared with my '99 for interior room, glove box, console and cubby holes, it still is the most gratifying family car that I've ever owned. I cannot think of a car I would rather have as the family sedan for less than 100K(we're talking new, since I bought it new). My friends have the other big sedan Hot Cars(300 srt-8, jag XJ-R,etc) and I like mine much better. If I had it to do all over, I'd make a bigger down payment and get one with black interior.

Regulator is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You pay $1k a month for a base STS? Wow!....they saw you coming!

Force-1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    I agree. I bought my 06 STS new, $0 down, $637 a month. It's just a V6, but it is loaded with every option available on that MY.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

I love my 06 STS, which I got used with 37K miles. I like it more every time I drive it. My only complaints are: The clearance stinks and the glove box is close to worthless. Other than that, it's great! The Nav and 5.1 sound system are a must.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I really like my 2006 1SG STS4 with ACC. There are a few minor design decisions I would executed differently and I would have preferred red over black. I do miss the roominess of a full-sized car but the STS is a real kick to drive and performs very well. I shopped virtually every car with Adaptive Cruise Control and the STS is the best I drove and is also a comparative steal when pricing a gently used CPO against anything else available. The DTS was not an option due to Front-drive.

My wife loved her 1998 STS. When it had to go (a multitude of expensive repairs looming) she didn't have time to shop and jumped at a great deal on her 2007. She likes her new STS but misses the old one that was roomier, had front wheel drive, a cruise control cancel and was better looking. (The older car in white diamond turned heads. The 2007 in platinum looks like every other modern mid-sized car.)

mbnv992 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 STS4 V8 (sold), 2005 STS V6 1SC

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    Tell me about it lol
    The only options my car has is All Wheel Drive, the V8 NorthStar, and a Sun Roof. That's it. I would LOVE the HUD, HID lights, etc. but, oh well, next time (3 or 4 years or so). I also failed to mention, that the $998 a month is also with trading a truck in that I owed about $17-20,000 on yet as well lol

turnerbend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Love my STS. The STS is overated.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Luv my Diamond White 06 N* Nav. Never had HUD or ACC before, so I don't "miss" them on this one. Very happy with the performance, glad I bought the CPO after hanging around here, and hope I never need it.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbend View Post
    Love my STS. The STS is overated.
    Schizophrenia?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.