Cadillac Owners Forum banner

STS V8 Vs New CTS Direct Inject?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
Just wondering which one is faster? I have a 05 sts v8 and I think its really quick for the sedan, however I recently drove a 09 CTS v6 with the direct inject system and it really surprised me. I would love to see a video of a sts vs a new cts but cant find it. Just wondering if anyone knew which one was quicker, and/or faster.

Thanks

#8 ·
With my 08 AWD I have recorded over the last two weeks 22.4mpg, average speed 53.3 mph; that includes a run I did to Cleveland where I averaged 81.7mph, other than that it's a 50/50 blend of city expressway and city streets.

The DI 6 rocks in my book, as the car feels more nimble than a N* model, and the mpg is stellar in my opinion.

#9 ·
#12 ·
So true. It's reputed to be an expensive engine but it is completely figured-out. What's that worth?

I felt the same way about my '93 350 small block (5.7l). Technically, the next year's LT1 was a better motor but mine was way more reliable and pulled strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.