Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Didn't mess with the dip switches, but.... I took it out this morning and noticed I hadn't reconnected the single ...
    ChrisHall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS AWD Platinum V8

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Didn't mess with the dip switches, but....

I took it out this morning and noticed I hadn't reconnected the single wire pink plug. Once I plugged this in, right away the clock started working and within 5 minutes the GPS with a line through it disappeared.

Problem solved.

What through me off was that the Nav system while I was driving was moving. Just not showing me in the right location.

Haven't had a chance to fully test unit yet, but I'm sure it's working properly.

Cheers,
    Chris

Joe Pagano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 & 2005 STS4

Welll even though you failed to connect the direct antenna connection the unit will still capture some amount of signal. And in navigation you need to aquire at least
    a few satellites to get a proper fix. Glad you solved it. I am waiting for my LockPick to be delivered. Wish it would have come yesterday before this trip we are on.
    Joe P

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Joe, I think you might not have considered the integration of the VSS into the Nav. If all he was missing was the GPS antenna, it got zero, zip, nada signal. It doesn't pull in the GPS all that great when all is perfect! I think the Nav was just registering the VSS.

Chris, welcome to the happy community of Lockpick users.

Chas, great point. I got back to town today and found my LockPick delivered. Did the install, and yes, tucking the wires was a pain. I also mounted the switch on the face of the trim panel. Tested the unit real quick and with the switch depressed I had full phone use, also had no time to test video. But, my line through GPS did not go away after 20 - 30 minutes. Was too busy tonight and we used the CTS. Made a quick call to Tomm and he assured me it will come back. Fingers crossed, test drive in AM and I will post.................... stay tuned................ thanks........... Joe P

All is well, LockPick works just fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Next - chrome wheels !!!!!!!!!!
    Joe P

Hi all,

When I first start the car the DIC says "Stability Competitive Mode" and the "TC" light is lit. After a couple seconds the DIC switches to "Stability Sys Off". After 20 more seconds, the "TC" light turns off by it self, but the "Stablity SYS Off" remains on the DIC. I can turn on the "Stability Sys".

My manual says if I install any aftermarket stuff in car things like this could maybe happen. This only started showing up after I installed my "Lock Pick". Could this "Lock Pick" be interferring with something in the computor?

Please help,
    Chris

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

The lockpick does not do anything other that interrupt the GPS Signal and VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor wire for the Nav) - The two have nothing to do with any TC or Stability Systems.

BucShot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tomm,

I got my unit today and had it install in abour an hour. Works PERFECTLY and just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!

BucShot

sts4ga is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 1SG 2005 CTS-V

Tomm,

I'm interested in a lockpick and a Blinder M47. I noticed that your site only lists the M45. Are you going to carry the 47 in the future?

Thanks

Hi Tomm,

Is it possible the VSS interacts with the Tracsion Control? I removed Lock Pick and now the TC button works. I will leave Lock Pick out for a week and see if problem comes back. Then re-install Lock Pick.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by sts4ga View Post
    Tomm,

I'm interested in a lockpick and a Blinder M47. I noticed that your site only lists the M45. Are you going to carry the 47 in the future?

Thanks
    Please PM me and I can get you a special price on the Blinder M47, They are in transit to us and we should have them in the next 1-2 days. Sorry for the late response but I was on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHall View Post
    Hi Tomm,

Is it possible the VSS interacts with the Tracsion Control? I removed Lock Pick and now the TC button works. I will leave Lock Pick out for a week and see if problem comes back. Then re-install Lock Pick.

Chris
    The lockpick device is directional, It only changes information in the GM Lan going to the navigation. Its probably just a coincidence that they happened almost at the same time.

Hey Tomm,
    Did you ever get more info on the video output for the Nav screen to tap for external monitors? My headrest units will be delivered tomorrow and I would enjoy the cool factor of sending the dash display to those screens.
    And I thank you also for the LockPick and quick service.
    Joe P

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pagano View Post
    Hey Tomm,
    Did you ever get more info on the video output for the Nav screen to tap for external monitors? My headrest units will be delivered tomorrow and I would enjoy the cool factor of sending the dash display to those screens.
    And I thank you also for the LockPick and quick service.
    Joe P
    There are no video outputs on the STS Navigation unit, It only has inputs. What I had to do in my STS was add an additional DVD player in my glove box which powers my rear headrests. I also have an output from the additional DVD player going to the AUX inputs on the navigation unit so the video can be seen on all three displays at the same time or just the rear.

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

I don't mean to go off topic here, but tomm i have to compliment you. you keep your product to this single post this whole time, instead of doing multiple postings. it actually makes it an enjoyment to come to this forum and not get a lot of commercial topic flooding. and surprisingly, i always seem to read this cause its all in one posting. ty for keeping it all in one topic

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.