Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by cramer619 what does this lockpick do? A Lockpick disables the 'feature' that prevents one's passenger from entering ...
    EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cramer619 View Post
    what does this lockpick do?
    A Lockpick disables the 'feature' that prevents one's passenger from entering navigation system destinations, dialing a bluetooth phone, watching a DVD or the whatever source is connected to the RCA jacks found in the center console while the car is in motion.

You still have to press 'I Agree'.

It's a beautiful thing.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

The only buttons I want to "unlock" are the Search button and the Audio button. When you play DVD-Audio disks, you need those to access the different groups of tracks that have the different audio types (LPCM, PPCM, Dolby Digital, DTS).

It's the only way to get into surround sound mode sometimes and they blank those out while driving. That is really stupid since this is no different than changing the radio station or CD track - bad design.

I wish there was another way; the lockpick seems kind of drastic and intrusive (especially under warranty).

I know a lot of people are doing it and it works great, so don't flame me too much.

VineTime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS V

Is anyone still making the lockpicks for 06 STS's?

gdbradberry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4

I just went to order a Lockpick for my 06 and the site said Out of Stock. Will they be in soon or are they no longer available?

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Tomm has been doing production runs periodically. How many are interested?

K STS is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8, 1999 Seville STS

I also need one for an 06.

TheYoungDon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Caddy STS

Hi Guys I was able to purchase one for my 06 STS yesterday.

Hi Tomm, I just purchased one of your lock picks for my 2006 Caddy STS with mute button. I am unable to view the video link of the installation. Can you please help? also is this something I can do or should I bring to a professional? Thank You

I think theres three people who want them so far but I need mine ASAP. I leave for Florida in a week and a half. I absolutly need it for th 2000 mile trip.

trackbait is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS - Grey/Black Northstar NAV

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungDon View Post
    is this something I can do or should I bring to a professional? Thank You

If you can hold a screwdriver the right way and have a 10mm socket, about 1/2 hour tops, there is no reason you can't do this.

There is no way to screw it up. Only caveat is the extra wiring harness makes it a bit tedious to push all those wires up and behind the nav unit into the blank space behind it to get it put back in.

There are no electrical connections you have to make. Truly plug and play. I did mine sitting in the car during a thunderstorm and pouring rain with engine on for a/c and was all done in 10-15 minutes.

Thank you trackbait. U guys trying to buy one for the 06 what kinda problem are you encountering? I bought mine on wednesday night.

Thank you trackbait. U guys trying to buy one for the 06 what kinda problem are you encountering? I bought mine on wednesday night.
    Where did you buy it from?

off Tomms store link. I must have purchasedthe last one b/c i tried today and said all out

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Guys... Was on vacation and I only have enough time on the weekends to produce a few units with running a business, family time and having a baby christening this weekend. I set a limit of a few units a week and to prevent bad customer service I cut off the amount available so I dont oversell what I cant ship.

All units ordered the past week will ship tomorrow. We will also open up more inventory to sell later in the day and those if ordered tonight would ship Tuesday or Wednesday.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Hi Guys I was able to purchase one for my 06 STS yesterday.

Hi Tomm, I just purchased one of your lock picks for my 2006 Caddy STS with mute button. I am unable to view the video link of the installation. Can you please help? also is this something I can do or should I bring to a professional? Thank You
    I just checked the link and it worked fine. Just click the link and save the file. Its 13mb so its in a zip format. If it does not work for you let me know and I will put a video up on the site in a streaming version.

ddanila is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS 2008

Hi Tomm,

I have a question about the lockpick on the Cadillac STS 2008 (assembled in Russia) - will it work on it?
    I know that it should work on the same Caddy built in US but I am not sure about Russian version (it should not have any differences from the US versionb but I can't state this for sure).

Thanks,
    -- Dan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.