Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 25
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Loosing GPS signal is normal as long as you have VSS connected you should stay on route. Did you mount ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Loosing GPS signal is normal as long as you have VSS connected you should stay on route. Did you mount antenna in the factory location?

jeff grand is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Im not sure where the factory location is but I removed the center speaker on the dash. It is mounted under the mesh grill. Not sure what the vss is?

----------

I have read some things on forum about always facing east. Mine is not when I have gps signal all works perfect. But when the gps symbol with a red line through it comes on the map freezes until it goes away then it starts working again. It happens alot.

Is this the VSS hook up point? If so where does it connect to the Nav unit? Also will I need the lockpick to connect it to the nav?
    VSS 2.jpg

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff grand View Post
    Mine is not when I have gps signal all works perfect. But when the gps symbol with a red line through it comes on the map freezes until it goes away then it starts working again. It happens alot.
    Mine shows that probably 60% of the time I drive, it's really really annoying. It's done it before getting the lockpick and it actually shows less often after I tinted the car with a metallic tint. my 02 only showed that when I was in the garage.

Yes I dont know if I have my gps antenna in a bad spot but I thought it was good. The wire on the gps antenna is short so I dont see to many options for it. Not sure if the metal mesh grill of the dash speaker is affecting it or maybe the fact i left the speaker below the antenna & the magnet is affecting it?

Is this the VSS hook up point? If so where does it connect to the Nav unit? Also will I need the lockpick to connect it to the nav?
    Can anyone help with this problem?

triumph.man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS

anyone have an 07 lockpick for sale? pls email me at alfie.sang@gmail.com if u have one w/ mute button thanks!

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Quote Originally Posted by triumph.man View Post
    anyone have an 07 lockpick for sale? pls email me at alfie.sang@gmail.com if u have one w/ mute button thanks!
    The lockpick for the 2007 model year does does NOT have a mute button, it is toggled on and off by an included switch. Only lockpicks made for 08+ model years are able to be activated/deactivated by the mute button on the steering wheel.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Some of the older ones do work with 2007 mute buttons. I prefer the dedicated button.

Opinions vary.

I am interested in the 2008 STS lockpick but I would like to know if it works when the car is in reverse?

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by jeff grand View Post
    I am interested in the 2008 STS lockpick but I would like to know if it works when the car is in reverse?
    Only the Modified Lockpicks will work in reverse. The PAC Units only unlock when in Drive. Why they choose to do this is beyond me.

muzariaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sorry to be so blunt, WHAT the heck is a lockpick?!

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Read would explain. It unlocks all nav features while in drive.

Wilsonj45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS4

I ordered, received, and installed the NU-STS on my 2010 STS, very easy 10 minute installation and all appears to be working with one exception. When the NU-STS is activated I can enter an address in the navi, but when the route is selected the nav arrow on the screen acts as though the car is standing still. If I disable the NU-STS it acts as normal. If I reactivity the system, it freezes and acts if the car is still again. Wondering what may begging on.

John

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.