Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 24
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey Tomm! Great to see you posting! Only the best for you & yours!...
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Hey Tomm! Great to see you posting!

Only the best for you & yours!

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Hope the hurricane was not too bad for you guys. That one sounds like it was bad.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Hurricane was not nice to us or members of my wifes family. 2 Houses in the family were flooded to the 2nd Floor and one home was flooded and knocked off the foundation and will have to be knocked down. My home had numerous tree's down and power was out for a week. Yesterday we had a foot of snow to make things worse and I had 2 more tree's go down in my driveway missing the cars and power is back out. Have a generator running and using my phone for internet since cable, internet & phone lines are down. Nothing we can do except hope for the best and keep moving forward. I actually have 2 Lockpicks to build and hope the power is back up for the weekend so I can clear out these backordered units.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Ugh......sorry to hear that Tomm. Best of luck to you.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Obviously, I jumped to the wrong conclusion, Tomm. Is everyone safe? Holding up OK?

It must be hard to have so much go to pieces and stay strong to hold together what you still can. Good luck!

Scotty454 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Raven STS-V

Tomm, I just ordered my second lockpick from you. Thanks for the info and making a great product.

I'm not in a rush for this, so please take care of your home and family first.

Good luck to you.

Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Tomm, I just ordered my second lockpick from you. Thanks for the info and making a great product.

I'm not in a rush for this, so please take care of your home and family first.

Good luck to you.

Scotty
    Scotty, Your unit has been built over the past weekend but I am having trouble finding the time to test it. Since Black Friday --> Cyber Monday our main business jumped over 5x our normal shipment loads and I have been working 8AM to almost Midnight to get everyone's orders processed. As soon as business returns to normal I will get the unit installed in my STS and tested. Sorry for the delay.

For everyone else we will not accept any new Modified STS Lockpicks until after the Holidays and we will start back up with them in January.

Scotty454 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Raven STS-V

Thanks for the update Tomm. I'm glad you're having one of those "good problems".

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

For anyone that wants to see the lockpick in action from the 2008+ model that was the Pac unit that was provided here is a video I made after installing it.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Tomm,
    I currently have a modified unit w/switch in my 06 model. I am considering a 08 V model now. It sounds like I can pull my unit out of the 06 and plug it right into the 08. Is this in fact true?

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob View Post
    Tomm,
    I currently have a modified unit w/switch in my 06 model. I am considering a 08 V model now. It sounds like I can pull my unit out of the 06 and plug it right into the 08. Is this in fact true?
    Yes, Your 06 Lockpick will work in your 08 perfectly.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Thank you sir.
    On a side note. Your lockpick has work perfectly in my 06 for 2 years now. Thank you for providing an excelent product.

jeff grand is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Tomm I have the 2008 sts nav do you have a good lockpik for this car?

----------

Sorry Im not sure how to use this forum. I found tomms link to the lickpick but I still have a couple questions about functions & hook up. I have installed a nav in a non nav sts. Installed unit installed gps antenna, installed latest 2013 map disc. all seem to work fine. of course no call functions but thats ok. I do not have the final plug in my unit as the car does not come equipted with it. How will this affect my lickpick install? Any help would be great.

----------

Sorry thats a 2008 STS Base

For a 2008 you should only need the $199.95 unmodified unit. You do have the newer style steering wheel correct? Lockpick will operate normally and features you do not have in park now like your call functions will still not operate.

jeff grand is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Thanks for the reply Thats what i thought. I have also been getting a lot of no gps signal. It comes & goes for a week now since install. After some research I foun things saying not to tint rear window & possible thins on back deck blocking signal. Im not sure how this matters as my gps antenna is in the front dash. Do you have any info on this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.