Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 21
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; We are dwindling down doing these. For some reason we had a spike of orders over the past week which ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

We are dwindling down doing these. For some reason we had a spike of orders over the past week which put us negative on parts and we cancelled a few orders. If I did not cancel your order it will get processed but it will take longer than the normal 3-4 day wait. I am sorry but its gotten to a point that my time is worth much more than I make on these units.

Its a very time consuming process and we started using GEN 4 Lockpicks and modifying them, Then Coastal Discontinued the Gen 4 Lockpicks to move to the newer Gen 5 Lockpicks, Coastal then Discontinued the Gen 5 for Gen 6 Lockpicks and each time we had to adapt and make new modifications to keep them working in the STS. Coastal is in the process of coming out with a new Generation Lockpick to replace the GEN 6 and when that comes we will not adapt for the new models. We will find a way to make sure that the remaining orders that were not cancelled will be filled but time is coming to an end for this product.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Don't gen 6 lock picks have a rear view camera and iPod hook up built in? I think the escalade version does.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    I wish the one I just got a few weeks ago allowed for a backup camera and iPod integration.

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    I wish the one I just got a few weeks ago allowed for a backup camera and iPod integration.
    My unit has a composite jack for a backup camera -- at least that's what I think it's for. I have the 2005 - 2007 unit though.

Tomm - any chance of moving to a backup camera enabled lockpick for the 2008 + model even if it needs a manual switching setup?

StuSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V8 AWD 1SG

Just put a LockPick in my 2009. Works as described, with the added benefit of the GPS working both when the unit is active and not active. Pretty sweet!

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Really?

StuSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS V8 AWD 1SG

Correction. I misinterpreted the No GPS message not coming on when the unit is activated as the GPS working. It looks like it is still getting signal even though it is not!

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Quote Originally Posted by StuSTS View Post
    Correction. I misinterpreted the No GPS message not coming on when the unit is activated as the GPS working. It looks like it is still getting signal even though it is not!
    The GPS antenna is still getting a signal, but they are not passed through to the nav unit. When the lockpick is on, it interrupts the signal to the nav unit, not the GPS antenna.

Linc2Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS

Tomm - any chance of moving to a backup camera enabled lockpick for the 2008 + model even if it needs a manual switching setup?
    Hmm, put in the NU-STS from Tomm. Works great except doesn't release video in reverse. Tom has my email string to-from PAC-AUDIO about WTF, so will see if they can fix.

But as using it would require 1> turning on AUX, then Video, then the NU-STS if it worked.

Think it's probably easier to just have a small screen tucked into the space between the seat and the console. Hit reverse, and it comes on if I press a mini-switch. Tilt the factory Nav in a bit and there's a space to hang. Realistically, I only need it in parking lots anyway.
    L2C

Quote Originally Posted by Linc2Caddy View Post
    Hmm, put in the NU-STS from Tomm. Works great except doesn't release video in reverse. Tom has my email string to-from PAC-AUDIO about WTF, so will see if they can fix.

But as using it would require 1> turning on AUX, then Video, then the NU-STS if it worked.

Think it's probably easier to just have a small screen tucked into the space between the seat and the console. Hit reverse, and it comes on if I press a mini-switch. Tilt the factory Nav in a bit and there's a space to hang. Realistically, I only need it in parking lots anyway.
    L2C
    I thought it was just my car or something but in reverse the picture is blocked out for the NU-STS that I have as well.

Linc2Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS

I thought it was just my car or something but in reverse the picture is blocked out for the NU-STS that I have as well.
    Yes, pretty disappointed by the reverse video block. But the main reason I got the NU-STS is to release the phone book while driving - the voice command on my STS is beyond useless (dealer twice no results). Technologically speaking, Cadillac essentially stopped developing the car 5 years ago - but it does drive very nice, and looks good doing it.

My gotta have's: memory steering wheel and seats, and this does.
    L2C

Yeah the voice recognition (or lack of) is really annoying. I used it frequently in my 2002 Cadillac deville DTS with factory DVD navigation. Very rarely did it misunderstand me. In the STS it doesn't matter what I do it doesn't understand a damned thing.

Tested the new Coastal FIM lockpick (Replacement for the Gen 6) and they can not be modified for support in the older GM Lan Buses which means it will not work even modified in the STS. IT was a great run but we have now killed off the 2005-2008 STS Lockpicks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.