Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I know tomm that was my point. There is no way. I love my lock pick!...
    1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    I know tomm that was my point. There is no way. I love my lock pick!

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Tom, I bought a lock pick from you, and I finally got around to installing it. I have a 2006 STS-V with mute button, so I flipped all the dip switches down and installed according to the video you provided.

Now when I turn the car on, the buttons on the navigation light but, but the screen remains black. Any ideas?

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    Tom, I bought a lock pick from you, and I finally got around to installing it. I have a 2006 STS-V with mute button, so I flipped all the dip switches down and installed according to the video you provided.

Now when I turn the car on, the buttons on the navigation light but, but the screen remains black. Any ideas?
    Yeah, You should not have touched the Dips as they are pre-set for your vehicle when shipped. Turn all Dip's back off and disconnect the power to the lockpick and re-power it on again.

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Yeah, You should not have touched the Dips as they are pre-set for your vehicle when shipped. Turn all Dip's back off and disconnect the power to the lockpick and re-power it on again.
    Do you happen to know about how long the 2007 units are back ordered? I placed my order a few days earlier and I know on the website it says that those specific units ship in about 3 - 4 days so I didn't know if that was still the case or not.

TIA. Can't wait to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by eatyoursandwich View Post
    Do you happen to know about how long the 2007 units are back ordered? I placed my order a few days earlier and I know on the website it says that those specific units ship in about 3 - 4 days so I didn't know if that was still the case or not.

TIA. Can't wait to get it!
    If you ordered it a few days ago it will be scheduled to be built this weekend and ship Monday.

SHANENATAS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Hey Tomm, I am sure we all understand how busy you and the rest of us can be. And I was also sure it wasn't as simple as cut, snip solder and vola, lol. The thing is I don't think us 05 STS owners have many options, or none. I love my Pioneer Avic-z120BT unit, but my only hope Obi-Wan is a lockpick. So there is no way you would release your top secret plans to any of us? Or even a predecessor. I am so used to being able to change, cancel, or what ever to my old navi unit while on the go. It sucked really bad just tonight not being able to do that. I guess I couldn't even buy a newer caddy nav unit and replace it right?

Quote Originally Posted by SHANENATAS View Post
    Hey Tomm, I am sure we all understand how busy you and the rest of us can be. And I was also sure it wasn't as simple as cut, snip solder and vola, lol. The thing is I don't think us 05 STS owners have many options, or none. I love my Pioneer Avic-z120BT unit, but my only hope Obi-Wan is a lockpick. So there is no way you would release your top secret plans to any of us? Or even a predecessor. I am so used to being able to change, cancel, or what ever to my old navi unit while on the go. It sucked really bad just tonight not being able to do that. I guess I couldn't even buy a newer caddy nav unit and replace it right?
    All the info needed in in the 170 page thread. You still need to start by buying a Coastal Lockpick and then modifying it. There is no way to build the lockpick yourself. So you still need to spend $250 for an initial lockpick and then modify it and make a complete custom harness. It would cost you over $1000 just for the tools to make the harness. If it was even close to simple others would have made a unit but we are the only ones who make a unit for the 2005-2007 units. 2008+ is Easy because the Nav does not do 3 safety checks like it does on the early models.

SHANENATAS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Yea I figured as much Tomm, can usually find anything on the net. So who figured this out and how? Eh, no worries on the history, all I know is I don't have the extra cash to enjoy a few extras in my STS. I can mess with the Nav system while driving. I wanted video while driving and a back up cam. And I miss having an ipod interface on the radio like my old Pioneer nav system. Thnx for the info.

----------

Hey another thing I wanted to mention was, over at my old forum group for Pioneer navi systems, there are a bunch of mods people figured out how to do, things like add all the speed cams up to date ofcourse in the maps and give warnings when you are getting close to them. They also changed backgrounds for the navigation, put in "pretty" sky for night and day, really nice graphics. Has anyone here ever toyed around with adding to the update, being able to change UIs or anything like that?

Avic and the factory Cadillac navigation have completely seperate GUI's and software builds.

GM doesn't want people ****ing around with the software on their navigation units which is why most factory navigation modifications are hardware-related. I went through every line of code in the 2007 factory navigation and it's hard-coded to leave pretty much zero room for software modification. Your best bet with the factory nav is swindle or pay the dealer to apply any extra features/updates with the tech 2. Mind you, the tech2 is about 10-years old so even it's abilities are limited.

Tomm, just got my unit in the mail today. Getting my navigation unit replaced on Friday then cant wait to install it. Quick question about 2 of the connectors. The harness came with 2 pink inputs which look like they could be used to power another device/ Are the 2 small pink connectors not necessary to the installation of the lockpick? I'm sure this has been answered in the 19 pages, I guess I just missed it. TIA!

Avic and the factory Cadillac navigation have completely seperate GUI's and software builds.

GM doesn't want people ****ing around with the software on their navigation units which is why most factory navigation modifications are hardware-related. I went through every line of code in the 2007 factory navigation and it's hard-coded to leave pretty much zero room for software modification. Your best bet with the factory nav is swindle or pay the dealer to apply any extra features/updates with the tech 2. Mind you, the tech2 is about 10-years old so even it's abilities are limited.

Tomm, just got my unit in the mail today. Getting my navigation unit replaced on Friday then cant wait to install it. Quick question about 2 of the connectors. The harness came with 2 pink inputs which look like they could be used to power another device/ Are the 2 small pink connectors not necessary to the installation of the lockpick? I'm sure this has been answered in the 19 pages, I guess I just missed it. TIA!
    The two pink connectors are GPS IN & GPS Out. The lockpick when activated needs to interrupt the GPS signal as well as the other overrides.

Hey Tomm, I received and installed my lock pick which was a breeze, I just have one question.

Everything with the lock pick itself seems to be working fine; I'm able to watch movies in drive, change route in motion, etc.
    I've had it installed for about a day now and the GPS will not connect to a satellite. I have a constant line through the GPS logo. I know the clock runs off the satellite and the compass is working so I know the connection to a satellite is there, I just can't seem to get a GPS signal.

Any ideas?

Thinking I may unplug the battery terminal and reset...

2007 STS, override switch is in the on position which brings up another question -- why would anyone turn the lock pick off?

TIA

Un-Press the activation button to deactivate the lockpick. As mentioned many times in this thread when activated the Lockpick disengages the VSS and GPS Signal which is required to unlock the locked functions of the navigation system. To go back to normal you need to deactivate the lockpick.

Un-Press the activation button to deactivate the lockpick. As mentioned many times in this thread when activated the Lockpick disengages the VSS and GPS Signal which is required to unlock the locked functions of the navigation system. To go back to normal you need to deactivate the lockpick.
    Sorry for not quite understanding.

So basically, there is no way to have unlocked functions while in motion and a connection to the GPS signal at the same time? Turn switch off when you want GPS signal, turn switch on when you want to watch movies while in motion? Is that correct?

Sorry for not quite understanding.

So basically, there is no way to have unlocked functions while in motion and a connection to the GPS signal at the same time? Turn switch off when you want GPS signal, turn switch on when you want to watch movies while in motion? Is that correct?
    That is correct. If you review some of the many posts earlier in this thread you will see that the Navigation system will check your VSS and the GPS signal to see if you are moving and lock the unit again so the lockpick needs to disable those when you want to unlock the menu's.

That is correct. If you review some of the many posts earlier in this thread you will see that the Navigation system will check your VSS and the GPS signal to see if you are moving and lock the unit again so the lockpick needs to disable those when you want to unlock the menu's.
    Got it. First time with a hardware bypass so this is a little new to me. Routed the switch right next to the V1 mute button in the ash tray. Everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.