Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by B1n2fra Question. I read in this thread that for a 2007 sts or one without the mute ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by B1n2fra View Post
    Question. I read in this thread that for a 2007 sts or one without the mute button with the lock pick installed DVD playback would cut off at 8mph. Is this true
    With the lockpick installed and OFF the navigation stays fully unlocked until 8MPH, To continue to use the locked features you need to activate the lockpick.

B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm

With the lockpick installed and OFF the navigation stays fully unlocked until 8MPH, To continue to use the locked features you need to activate the lockpick.
    So after the lock pick is activated via the switch DVD playback will work until deactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by B1n2fra View Post
    So after the lock pick is activated via the switch DVD playback will work until deactivated.
    Correct.

SHANENATAS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Found a new supplier that will sell me smaller quantities on some of the parts I needed and I found a 100FT roll of GPS Cable instead of the larger rolls I purchased in the past so it will bring my costs down to be able to make one more batch. I will make 10 more units and that will be it. Every-time I shut them down you guys wheel me back in but this will be it. I have opened back-orders back up and the site will take only up to 10 back-orders on the 2005-2007 models.
    Hey tomm, cough cough I have an 05 STS in need of a lockpick. So if your not making them anymore, would you send me the schematics and parts list. Don't worry, I'm not trying to steel it, I just want to build one for my car and that's it. SHANENATAS@aol.com or can I change out the navigation unit that is in there now for a newer factory unit? I have a pioneer avic z120bt, but want to keep it factory this time. 4.6V8 with the 14 speaker system.

UNKUT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS / 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by SHANENATAS View Post
    Hey tomm, cough cough I have an 05 STS in need of a lockpick. So if your not making them anymore, would you send me the schematics and parts list. Don't worry, I'm not trying to steel it, I just want to build one for my car and that's it. SHANENATAS@aol.com or can I change out the navigation unit that is in there now for a newer factory unit? I have a pioneer avic z120bt, but want to keep it factory this time. 4.6V8 with the 14 speaker system.
    Same here..... I need a lockpick for my '05 STS YESTERDAY lol!!!

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

...So say the masses as the night skies over Gotham City are alight with the Tomm Signal...

Who will save us from the evil Dr. Freda Tort from Detroit.?

I talked to a local car audio shop and they said they bypass the 05-11 STS's all the time and comes with a warranty....not sure how long though. They said $119 installed but I'm kind of leary seeing as how everyone here makes it seem like its unheard of.... I'd love to just get a lockpick but with TOMM not responding to my PM and him saying he is done has me almost feeling like I need to search for other options.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Go for the 119 let is know how it goes.

kschwed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SC

Yeah, I would love the schematic as well. It'll give me something to do next weekend.

Haha, you guys are sure pushing me towards jumping off the bridge lmfao!!! I might just go for it and post the aftermath. I mean whats the worst they can do..... it comes with a warranty and their insured so if they mess something up they'll fix it. Yeah I might just do it.....but I'll give TOMM a couple more days to reply because I'm sure he's a BUSY man!!!

Crystal_Pate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I am very curious how they are by passing it? We have been calling around and everyone had told us lock pick so if you could find out how they do it or what they use to unlock it that would be great

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    05-07 require interruption of the vss wire, gps antenna and the gmlan signal to dummy the car in park so if someone has a 119 jerry rig bypass I'd love to see it done.

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I caution patience. 2005-2007 STS need the old customized Lockpick. Newer ones use a different box but anything costing $119 installed, is probably nothing more than 5-minutes with wire-cutters.

Crystal_Pate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yes, we have searched all over Tampa about this and every answer is lock pick. In fact one guy even suggested we spend the extra 200 and upgrade the touch screen and software....so instead of spending the 300 for the lock pick we could get an upgraded nav/DVD system for 500.....just not sure yet which route to go :/

We still have parts to produce 4 more units and as the weather gets nicer I get very busy with my day job so I don't have time to visit the forums very much. You can always contact me through my website and you will get a fast response. A lockpick is not a simple device, The lockpick is like a micro computer that filters the GM-LAN bus communication and filters out packets of information that normally gets sent to the navigation system to tell the navigation that you are still in park and not moving. The STS is one of the most complex systems in that there are multiple security checks so not only do you need to filter the GM Lan communication (You cant cut this wire because the NAV will not even turn on) you need to filter the data being sent to the Navigation unit. If this passes it will also check your VSS and lastly will check your GPS signal to see if you are moving. There are tons of advanced discussion on this as well as 170 pages in the original thread.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    05-07 require interruption of the vss wire, gps antenna and the gmlan signal to dummy the car in park so if someone has a 119 jerry rig bypass I'd love to see it done.
    There is no device out there that does what is required for the 2005-2007 STS. If there was a device out there I would be buying it instead of spending 2-3 hours a unit to make one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.