Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by MacMuse Ditto tomm! Hope you stick around here and stay in the Cadillac family. I will be ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MacMuse View Post
    Ditto tomm!

Hope you stick around here and stay in the Cadillac family.
    I will be here a while. I sold my SRX and my STS is for sale but I am shopping for an Escalade.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I've thought about an Escalade. I like the V8 but would miss ACC. Opinions vary.

PS: Macmuse reminds me... My best wishes to your family, too!

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I've thought about an Escalade. I like the V8 but would miss ACC. Opinions vary.

PS: Macmuse reminds me... My best wishes to your family, too!
    Thanks! For me with 3 kids my family has outgrown the STS. They squeeze in the back seat and with a car seat and booster seat it takes a long time to maneuver everyone to even get the seat belts on. My STS has been great to me and I have had 0 issues with it. The V8 is the most solid engine in my opinion. I am definately going to miss the ACC & HUD but even more important to me is the lifting the door handles to unlock and pushing a button to start.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I agree with the entry & starting of the STS. It spoils a person. Isn't the Escalade due for a refresh?

Time to visit another room!

Chuck. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V

I have an 08 STS-V I assume this will work but just want to make sure before I order.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck. View Post
    I have an 08 STS-V I assume this will work but just want to make sure before I order.
    Yes, The $199 STS lockpick on our site will work with the 2008 STS-V with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Until further notice we are no longer accepting orders on the 2005-2007 STS Lockpicks. I have run out of all parts and interest has died down to a level that its not beneficial to re-buy the parts needed to produce any more of these units. The spool of cable used to make the GPS lines alone costs over $200 and it took me 3 years to go through the 1000ft of cable.

We will still of course continue to sell the 2008+ STS Lockpicks and since the STS has been discontinued we expect this product will also eventually come to an end probably in the next year or so. The STS was the only GMLAN 11bit radios and after 2007 everything moved to GMLAN 29bit so just about every manufacture stopped producing units for 11bit radios since there was only a small amount of users using these 11bit products.
    Found a new supplier that will sell me smaller quantities on some of the parts I needed and I found a 100FT roll of GPS Cable instead of the larger rolls I purchased in the past so it will bring my costs down to be able to make one more batch. I will make 10 more units and that will be it. Every-time I shut them down you guys wheel me back in but this will be it. I have opened back-orders back up and the site will take only up to 10 back-orders on the 2005-2007 models.
    DHerman and DHerman like this.

DHerman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Found a new supplier that will sell me smaller quantities on some of the parts I needed and I found a 100FT roll of GPS Cable instead of the larger rolls I purchased in the past so it will bring my costs down to be able to make one more batch. I will make 10 more units and that will be it. Every-time I shut them down you guys wheel me back in but this will be it. I have opened back-orders back up and the site will take only up to 10 back-orders on the 2005-2007 models.
    Tomm;

This is great news, I read through the whole thread only to find I could not get a Lockpick for my 2005 STS N*, which I just bought last week with only 18,000 miles on it. Looks like it just came out of the showroom. Ordered the lockpick this morning, great start to a Sunday. Look fwd to the install. Have had a Lockpick in my 2009 F350 Super Duty for two years and it makes all the difference. Thanks again for spooling back up one more time.

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

I have one for sale in the classifieds if you don't want to wait and want to spend a little less for one.

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Anyone else have the issue with lockpick shutting down entertainment system ? Today drove for 30 minutes nav went dead no sound picture ect. Shut car off for about 3 minutes came back on for like 5 minutes. Shut car off 30 minutes worked for 5 more minutes. Drove home no nav no music got a 06 all pins off the one with a switch. Any feedback would be great.

Joe

Only reason the nav would ever shut down would be because it lost the GM Lan communication. When you installed it did you push all plugs in all the way until you heard the click and then lock the tabs on the connectors? Its possible that the Lockpick module is going bad or the connectors are not in all the way and once that connection to the GM Lan breaks the NAV will turn itself off.

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Yes I am sure they clicked in place and rechecked trying to reset the car by leaving battery unhooked now. If it doesn't fix itself I'll try unplugging the lockpick and reconnecting it. if you have any other suggestions tomm let me know. Thanks again your the man.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfLacs View Post
    Yes I am sure they clicked in place and rechecked trying to reset the car by leaving battery unhooked now. If it doesn't fix itself I'll try unplugging the lockpick and reconnecting it. if you have any other suggestions tomm let me know. Thanks again your the man.
    Unplugging the battery and disconnecting the lockpick and re-connecting has the same reboot effect. So if you try one and it does not work doing the other will not offer any different results. How long have you had the lockpick?

B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd

My radio did this one time and I do not have a lock pick or ever had one.

B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd
    Question. I read in this thread that for a 2007 sts or one without the mute button with the lock pick installed DVD playback would cut off at 8mph. Is this true

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.