Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Tomm, Just wanted to say I love the product. Got mine back at Christmas time while the special was going ...
    madmanmogan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 1SC

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Tomm,
    Just wanted to say I love the product. Got mine back at Christmas time while the special was going on but it wasnt installed until Sept. It works flawlessly dont know how I ever did without it. Two thumbs up and thanks for doing the wiring work on your own time. I know from experience wiring work can take sometime.
    Michael

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Alot has changed in the past several months. The units we have always sold and modified were original STS Lockpicks from Coastal. The original Lockpick was a re-flashed version on the Gen 5 lockpick and a special harness made only for the STS model. GM has now standardized on two different connection methods which enabled Coastal to make universal units which work on multiple vehicles. The Gen 6 + GMX550 which works on over 70% of the GM Lineup and they will have a new unit coming out in a month or so which will cover around 20% of the other GM vehicles including the CTS (Finally) but since sales on the STS Lockpick were very slow and they would need to manufacture older units only for the STS the STS lockpick has been killed off.

The current STS unit that we sell for the 2008-2011's are not made by Coastal and there are no DIP switches. The new units also do not use the mute button for activation but rather by holding the source button down for 2 seconds. Instructions are with the new units and its completely plug and play and I have personally installed a few and there are no issues with them.

The current Modified Units (2005-2007) are running on a special modified Gen-6 and custom harness made in house. These will also be killed off soon because demand for the units is very low and they take me over 2 hours to produce each modified unit. I also test each modified unit I produce by installing it in my personal STS which will be paid off in 2 more months and I plan on selling it or trading it. Once its gone I will not be able to test the units I produce.

So long story short... Your friend will have no issue with the $199.95 2008+ STS Lockpick that we are currently selling and its completely plug and play with no jumpers.
    Thanks for the clarification Tomm! I will let him know!

Max

triumph.man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS

Tomm, you still taking orders? I recently purchased an 07 STS w/ a mute button on the steering wheel, and want this feature on my STS...

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by triumph.man View Post
    Tomm, you still taking orders? I recently purchased an 07 STS w/ a mute button on the steering wheel, and want this feature on my STS...
    I plan to make just a few more. I have one person on back-order for two weeks because he ordered right before the Christmas rush and I have had no time to work on these. I am off on Monday so I will do the back-order on Monday and if you order one I can have it made the same day.

Thanks Tom. What is the cost for the model I need. On your webpage there is only one version available for a 2007 STS. (doesn't specify w/ or w/o mute button) as this thread implies there are 2 versions.

Can you direct me to the proper link so I can proceed to order one. Thanks!

Thanks Tom. What is the cost for the model I need. On your webpage there is only one version available for a 2007 STS. (doesn't specify w/ or w/o mute button) as this thread implies there are 2 versions.

Can you direct me to the proper link so I can proceed to order one. Thanks!
    Alot has changed since this thread started. There are only two models now. 2008+ or 2005-2007 now. Mute button no longer makes a difference since Coastal discontinued the STS Lockpick almost a year ago.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

I WAS going to ask WTF is a lockpick, but i think i figured it out. it allows you to play DVDs while driving - correct? But you have to remove the radio to install it - also correct??

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post
    I WAS going to ask WTF is a lockpick, but i think i figured it out. it allows you to play DVDs while driving - correct?
    It allows playing of DVDs, but it also allows full use of the navigation and bluetooth while driving as well

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post
    But you have to remove the radio to install it - also correct??
    Yes, take maybe 10 min, all just plug and play.

joe hochreiter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Will your lockpick also come with iPod and HD radio wiring? Some models for the SUV does both, but I've not seen that available for the 09 STS.

Quote Originally Posted by joe hochreiter View Post
    Will your lockpick also come with iPod and HD radio wiring? Some models for the SUV does both, but I've not seen that available for the 09 STS.
    No, There is no GMX-550, or any similar type of lockpick for the STS.

Hi tomm, I'm ready to order and just wanted a clarification.

I have an 07 STS with a mute button on the steering wheel. Can I go to purchase the 2008-2011 STS - (These models are activated by holding the Source button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds) as I've read on this thread that it can be activated through the mute button, or would I need to purchase the 05-07 that's activated through a manual switch. I would like everything to be incorporated from the steering wheel.

Hi tomm, I'm ready to order and just wanted a clarification.

I have an 07 STS with a mute button on the steering wheel. Can I go to purchase the 2008-2011 STS - (These models are activated by holding the Source button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds) as I've read on this thread that it can be activated through the mute button, or would I need to purchase the 05-07 that's activated through a manual switch. I would like everything to be incorporated from the steering wheel.
    Unfortunately the answer is no. Unless you can find an old STS Lockpick from someone selling their vehicle you will not be able to get the 2008+ version. That version will not work on any 2005-2007's regardless of having a mute button or not.

Until further notice we are no longer accepting orders on the 2005-2007 STS Lockpicks. I have run out of all parts and interest has died down to a level that its not beneficial to re-buy the parts needed to produce any more of these units. The spool of cable used to make the GPS lines alone costs over $200 and it took me 3 years to go through the 1000ft of cable.

We will still of course continue to sell the 2008+ STS Lockpicks and since the STS has been discontinued we expect this product will also eventually come to an end probably in the next year or so. The STS was the only GMLAN 11bit radios and after 2007 everything moved to GMLAN 29bit so just about every manufacture stopped producing units for 11bit radios since there was only a small amount of users using these 11bit products.

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Tomm - Thanks for all that you've done for us. Here's to your continued prosperity, health & happiness!

Cheers!

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    Ditto tomm!

Hope you stick around here and stay in the Cadillac family.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.