Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey I am getting ready to install my lockpick this afternoon when I get home from work, sorry to ask ...
    Relate27 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS4 1SB

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Hey I am getting ready to install my lockpick this afternoon when I get home from work, sorry to ask this but do I need to disconnect my car battery before or after the installation of the lockpick? can the car be running while I install the lockpick or does it need to be off ?

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by Relate27 View Post
    Hey I am getting ready to install my lockpick this afternoon when I get home from work, sorry to ask this but do I need to disconnect my car battery before or after the installation of the lockpick? can the car be running while I install the lockpick or does it need to be off ?
    No, You do not have to disconnect the battery but I would suggest installing it with with the accessory power off.

Ok I could use a little help here. I am installing my lockpick into a 2007 STS With a mute button on the steering wheel. I am pretty sure I have everything hooked up correctly it was all plug and play really simple. Ok so when I start my car and move it into reverse the DVD stops playing, OK so I hit my mute button 4 times and nothing happens. I think maybe I have switches on the lockpick itself in the wrong position? Also I have a red button that came with my harness and from what I read the 07 sts did not need ones or am I wrong ? Anyway some advice would be greatly appreciated !

Ok I could use a little help here. I am installing my lockpick into a 2007 STS With a mute button on the steering wheel. I am pretty sure I have everything hooked up correctly it was all plug and play really simple. Ok so when I start my car and move it into reverse the DVD stops playing, OK so I hit my mute button 4 times and nothing happens. I think maybe I have switches on the lockpick itself in the wrong position? Also I have a red button that came with my harness and from what I read the 07 sts did not need ones or am I wrong ? Anyway some advice would be greatly appreciated !
    If when you put the vehicle in drive and the DVD stops you did not follow the instructions and left all pins in the up position when installed. You probably watched the old install video which had DIP 5 Down. All 2005-2007 vehicles need the red activation button. You will not press any buttons on the steering wheel to activate and deactivate the lockpick.

If when you powered the unit on for the first time you had Dip 5 Down and made the correction afterwords it will not make any difference until the unit is disconnected from power and powered back on. So if all Dips are up (The way it would have been mailed) disconnect the battery for a minute and re-connect so it re-initializes with the proper settings. If the navigation system is still out you can also just disconnect the lockpick from the harness for a minute and re-connect.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I appreciate your time and help!

Hey I can't get it to work for some reason. I made a video that shows what I'm doing maybe you can give some more advice on what I am doing wrong Thanks !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvudjGNRCU

So the video is still uploading, but keep checking because it should hopefully help someone smarter then me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again for the help. I need a beer..Gonna button up the car for now and will get it fixed tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I appreciate your time and help!
    Your welcome. Let me know if this solves the problem. With the modified lockpicks when you put the vehicle in drive the DVD will continue playing and will only lock out after you drive over 8MPH, If you press the red activation button the video will stay on no matter what speed you are driving until the red button is deactivated. When you press the button this is essentially disabling the vehicles VSS & GPS Signal so the navigation system thinks you are not moving.

Ok so I am still having trouble here and I need some help to troubleshoot what's going on. Ok so first off this morning I went back the car and unplugged everythings and then hooked it all back up again, making sure all the connections were solid. I also pulled the car battery just in case that system needed a restart before the lockpick worked. So after doing all of that the lockpick still does seem to work ,so I need to figure out what I am doing wrong. I took some more pictures this morning and hopefully they'll help, also the video I took last night obviously didnt load for some reason..

Okay..so in this first pictures I have the factory brown and grey cable pulled from the navigation and they are paired with the harness I was sent.

In this pictures it shows where I put the brown and grey plugs after connections. the brown one seems to be missing the pink lock but I dont think it matters because the DVd player works, just not when I put into drive even after pressing the button.

This third and 4th picture basically just show the gps cables and that I hooked up those up too..

This last picture shows the lockpick unit itself exactly the way it came shipped and of course it's plugged in.

So I get into the car the dvd players works fine, I start driving and picture turns off. I hit the red button that was shipped with the harness and nothing. Now when I hit the red button the gps does cut off in the navigation screen and I can enter a destination while driving, but for some reason I the movie won't play which is really what I want. Any advice ? I have the car basically unbuttoned for now so If I get some good advice it will only take a few minutes mess with it. Anyway thanks for the help !

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

edit: no idea...

You are doing nothing wrong. When you shift into gear no matter what the red button position is in the video should continue to play. The only difference is when you go over 8MPH the button will need to be activated if you want to keep the DVD playing. If this is not happening then the GM Lan communication filtering which occurs in the lockpick module itself is not working. Please send it back to me and I will replace it. Post office is open today so if you can please mail it back to us and let me know the cost and I will reimburse you the cost of the shipping and I will pay to send the replacement back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    You are doing nothing wrong. When you shift into gear no matter what the red button position is in the video should continue to play. The only difference is when you go over 8MPH the button will need to be activated if you want to keep the DVD playing. If this is not happening then the GM Lan communication filtering which occurs in the lockpick module itself is not working. Please send it back to me and I will replace it. Post office is open today so if you can please mail it back to us and let me know the cost and I will reimburse you the cost of the shipping and I will pay to send the replacement back to you.
    Thanks again Tomm,

I really appreciate the time you took to reply while I was having trouble with the unit. I mailed the unit back to you via priority mail on Saturday from the post office ,it was only like $ 5.50 so don't worry about reimbursing me for the shipping, It's no biggie. If you have any questions for me feel free to PM or reply to the thread, I check the boards here quite often.

mjs1992 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Eldorado

Installed my lockpick today in my 05 sts. Everything worked fine but my GPS was not working. I pulled it out and checked all connections. Still nothing. Fiinally i surfed this thread and found my answer. The GPS is inactive when the red button is active. That is a bit of info that would have been nice to know 3 hours ago... How difficult would it have been to include that tidbit of info in the package? Just an observation. In the end it works perfectly. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1992 View Post
    Installed my lockpick today in my 05 sts. Everything worked fine but my GPS was not working. I pulled it out and checked all connections. Still nothing. Fiinally i surfed this thread and found my answer. The GPS is inactive when the red button is active. That is a bit of info that would have been nice to know 3 hours ago... How difficult would it have been to include that tidbit of info in the package? Just an observation. In the end it works perfectly. Thanks
    This is not a Retail product and we only produce these units for members of this forum. It was discussed many times that lockpicks can only work by tricking the navigation unit into believing that you are not moving. The Early STS Navigation units had 3 fail safes to prevent you from viewing the DVD while in motion.

1. Once in Gear vehicle will automatically lock screen
    2. If the first fail safe above fails the Navigation unit will check the VSS signal to see if you are moving.
    3. If both fail safes above fail as a last resort the navigation system will check your gps signal to sense if you are moving.

This was lessened in the later model years (Seemed to remove the GPS Signal Check) which is why there are easier lockpick setups for 2008+ STS units without using a lockpick that does all 3 interupts.

In any case even if you have a 2008-2011+ You still can not use GPS when you have the lockpick engaged. I am sorry you did not see this information sooner. Glad in the end have your lockpick working properly.
    MacMuse and MacMuse like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Tomm,

Just a quick follow up, I received the replacement Lockpick in the unit several days after sending the original back. The new lockpick unit worked perfectly and I just wanted to say thanks for taking care of the situation as quickly as you did. Obviously I know that Lockpicks aren't your main business and I appreciate the time you took to help troubleshoot my problems and also the Private messages. Once again Thank you from a very satisfied customer and If I am ever in the market for a radar detector you'll be the first place I go ! Jason

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

Tomm,

I just wanted to start out by saying once again, you are the STS God! Your lockpick is an amazing device. I have had mine for years & it works perfectly! I have a friend that just bought an 08 STS-V & he would like to get a lockpick. I see on your website where he could order it (on sale I think for only $199.95!). The question that I have is that on the website, it says that the lockpick is operated by using the "Source" button on the steering wheel but here in the forum, everything I see says that you use the "Mute" button. Which button ends up operating the lockpick? His car has the heads-up display but does not have radar cruise so I think he does have the "Mute" button on his steering wheel. Also, when he does get the lockpick, just for clarification, all the switches will be up except for the #5 switch which will be down?

Thanks again,

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Maximln View Post
    Tomm,

I just wanted to start out by saying once again, you are the STS God! Your lockpick is an amazing device. I have had mine for years & it works perfectly! I have a friend that just bought an 08 STS-V & he would like to get a lockpick. I see on your website where he could order it (on sale I think for only $199.95!). The question that I have is that on the website, it says that the lockpick is operated by using the "Source" button on the steering wheel but here in the forum, everything I see says that you use the "Mute" button. Which button ends up operating the lockpick? His car has the heads-up display but does not have radar cruise so I think he does have the "Mute" button on his steering wheel. Also, when he does get the lockpick, just for clarification, all the switches will be up except for the #5 switch which will be down?

Thanks again,

Max
    Alot has changed in the past several months. The units we have always sold and modified were original STS Lockpicks from Coastal. The original Lockpick was a re-flashed version on the Gen 5 lockpick and a special harness made only for the STS model. GM has now standardized on two different connection methods which enabled Coastal to make universal units which work on multiple vehicles. The Gen 6 + GMX550 which works on over 70% of the GM Lineup and they will have a new unit coming out in a month or so which will cover around 20% of the other GM vehicles including the CTS (Finally) but since sales on the STS Lockpick were very slow and they would need to manufacture older units only for the STS the STS lockpick has been killed off.

The current STS unit that we sell for the 2008-2011's are not made by Coastal and there are no DIP switches. The new units also do not use the mute button for activation but rather by holding the source button down for 2 seconds. Instructions are with the new units and its completely plug and play and I have personally installed a few and there are no issues with them.

The current Modified Units (2005-2007) are running on a special modified Gen-6 and custom harness made in house. These will also be killed off soon because demand for the units is very low and they take me over 2 hours to produce each modified unit. I also test each modified unit I produce by installing it in my personal STS which will be paid off in 2 more months and I plan on selling it or trading it. Once its gone I will not be able to test the units I produce.

So long story short... Your friend will have no issue with the $199.95 2008+ STS Lockpick that we are currently selling and its completely plug and play with no jumpers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.