Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yea I fiured it wouldnt be a fun task but without XM anymore and the fact my 05 wheel doesnt ...
    1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Yea I fiured it wouldnt be a fun task but without XM anymore and the fact my 05 wheel doesnt scan presets its pissing me off the scan haha.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Before you do the install what ipod do you have?

Compatibility Notes: IMPORTANT NOTICE!

This product is not compatible with iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 4 (6-21-10).

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

An ipod video and my itouch gen2 is still running older firmware, my father has the upac on his 07 STS and it stopped working with his itouch guess why, he updated his firmware and it no longer read it. Upac makes some update chip which fixes it but for 40 bucks. I just gave him another ipod classic i had and hes fine with that so now i have 2 touches and 1 classic.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I think I've got it wired in the order NAV/Radio, Lockpick, uPAC-STS and car. Thanks for the pointer on the iPod OS.

This setup does make it even harder to reinstall the NAV/Radio. I found that I could hold the wiring (& plugs) in place with a couple long strings run behind the vents & frame members. Until I tried that, I could only get so close before something moved and kept the NAV/Radio from sliding into place.

<Laughing> I did break one of the strings when pulling them out. But it was still a victory!

sba300 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6L V6

Wouldn't it be easier to use a cable tie to fasten the new harnesses from the upac-sts and lockpick to the original cables? That way all the connectors going to the back of the radio will be lined up together exactly like the original harness. The boxes can stick to the side/back/top with a little all weather 3M double sided foam tape. That's typically how I have done it in the past. Looks like there might be enough slack on the wires that way, but I might be wrong. Just a thought.

Try it and see!

I'd be interested in suggestions from other members, too. I wrestled with the extra connectors for much more time than I anticiapated. (One add-in harness wasn't hard at all. I found two to be a trick!)

esimp64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just got my lockpick in today, installed it myself, Thank you Tomm works perfect....

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad you had no issues with the install.

sundazes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey Tomm,

I ordered a 2006 modified lockpick today. Any idea on when it might ship?

If you ordered a modified unit it will ship within 2-3 days if not sooner.

nefarious35 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

I apologize if this has already been covered, but is there a version of the lockpick that has an integrated ipod connector that allows the radio controls to operate the ipod?

Thanks.

07 sts-v w/ mute button

Nope. The Lockpick is not an Audio/Video device. Try the uPAC-STS or one of the other devices notes in other threads.

bbjorklund99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS, 2008 Escalade EXT

I recently purchased a lockpick for my 2006 STS. I received the modified lockpick because the 2006 requires the modification. I installed the unit per my instructions in the video. I removed the 2 connectors on the back of the radio/nav unit. I connected the harness to the back of the unit and the 2 connectors into the harness. I unhooked the GPS antenna and hooked up the harness to the unit and the wire I disconnected to the the harness. I mounted the button in my ask tray. To unlock the DVD, Bluetooth, ect I need to press the red button once. It stays bypassed until I push the button again. Everything seems to work as advertised except for the GPS portion of the unit. If I have the lockpick engaged I can change the GPS route while the car is moving but once I have an addressed entered I cannot use the GPS until I press the red button again. I receive a GPS with a slash through it until I press the red button. Is this normal or do I have something wrong with my lock pick unit? I left all the switches in the off position on the lock pick box as instructed for the modified unit instructions. It seems odd that I need to switch back and forth but maybe this is how it is designed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brad

This is how all lockpicks operate. In order to unlock all the functions the GPS needs to be tricked into thinking that you are not moving. If the navigation unit sees a signal from VSS or a signal from GPS that you are moving all features would re-lock on you. If you are using navigation and want to make a change on the fly or use the Bluetooth keypad etc. you need to activate the lockpick, do your changes and then disable it again to continue on your journey.

bbjorklund99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS, 2008 Escalade EXT

Thanks for the response. I got to thinking that might be the case but I had never heard people talk about this when reading the thread. It is really nice to be able to use my hands free bluetooth without having to stop to make a call. The GPS is not such a big deal because I typically set my destination prior to leaving the house. The ability to find a POI on the fly is nice when in a large city and I have someone else who can operate the GPS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.