Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Tomm, I ordered a lockpick from you over a year and a half ago for my 05. It has ...
    TobyJohnson11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade AWD, 12 Ram Longhorn, Coming Soon (10 Platinum)

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Hi Tomm,

I ordered a lockpick from you over a year and a half ago for my 05. It has worked great with no problems. (Thanks again)

Now my XM radio is not working. It says no signal. I can’t even get the preview channel. I called XM and they did a test and said it was defiantly something in the car radio.

I took it to my dealer (who knows about the lockpick and does not have a problem with it) and he wanted me to remove the lockpick prior to them looking at the radio.

I am not real happy with having to remove the lockpic, when I don’t think it has anything at all to do with the problem. Anyway if I do have to remove it, since it was one of the first ones you produced, I was just wondering if there was anything new or updated out since I purchased this one. I would just as soon have a new one in case I damage this one taking it out.

Please Advise
    Thanks
    TJ

glider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac deville dts 2001

Lockpick was delivered 9/7 and just got around to installing it on 2008 sts 9/10 Works as stated and easy job after seeing video Thanks alot for great product and fast shipping.The only trouble was with the wires and that was because I didn't want to back into the house to find a flashlight After 3 tries and then getting light, positioning wires, was easy to insert unit into place
    Thanks

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by TobyJohnson11 View Post
    Hi Tomm,

I ordered a lockpick from you over a year and a half ago for my 05. It has worked great with no problems. (Thanks again)

Now my XM radio is not working. It says no signal. I can’t even get the preview channel. I called XM and they did a test and said it was defiantly something in the car radio.

I took it to my dealer (who knows about the lockpick and does not have a problem with it) and he wanted me to remove the lockpick prior to them looking at the radio.

I am not real happy with having to remove the lockpic, when I don’t think it has anything at all to do with the problem. Anyway if I do have to remove it, since it was one of the first ones you produced, I was just wondering if there was anything new or updated out since I purchased this one. I would just as soon have a new one in case I damage this one taking it out.

Please Advise
    Thanks
    TJ
    Sorry for the delay (Not sure my my subscriptions are not sending emails) But in any case the original STS Lockpicks were different but the methods are the same. We just from doing so many over time modified the harness slightly, used different relays and smaller relay housing. There should be no issue removing the unit and re-installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by mosssa View Post
    Dear Tomm,

I really don't know if there is such solution? but I have been wondering? Why a hardware solution? Why there isn't a software solution?

I am wailing to pay for any available Software solution to unlock TV, DVD, Radio and Navigation functions while driving for my STS-V 07.

Thank you,
    Lockpicks work perfectly as designed and leave nothing behind to show you modified anything. Besides it being illegal to modify the firmware in these units you also would immediately void your warranty on the head unit and also your warranty could be voided on any device that connects to the GMLAN Databus. Many units are Bricked when getting the factory firmware legit updates, Using a hacked firmware which no one would support anyway would lead to many dead navigation units and they are extremely expensive to replace. You will never find anyone hacking the firmware when lockpicks are the easy and sensible solution.

bamccoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts

Hello Tom,

Finally installed with the modified harness. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks again for the help.

Bill

AirForce81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Tomm,

I installed my lockpic on my 05 STS and I am having a bit of trouble with it. I click the override button and it will display the video for a few seconds and then go to the screen saying picture not availble while driving. It will bouce back and forth between this screen and the movie. Not sure whats going on. Do you have any ideas?

bamccoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce81 View Post
    Tomm,

I installed my lockpic on my 05 STS and I am having a bit of trouble with it. I click the override button and it will display the video for a few seconds and then go to the screen saying picture not availble while driving. It will bouce back and forth between this screen and the movie. Not sure whats going on. Do you have any ideas?
    I have an 08 built in Nov of 07. Mine did the same thing in about 30 sec intervals. I’m now using the modified harness and all is well.

Tom explained my Nav unit may have been an older one where the signal keeps telling the Nav the car is in motion so it then switches off the video and immediately the lock pick tells it to play again. For me, mine would be playing the movie, then the screen would flash and the movie would come back on with all the menu buttons. I’d have to touch the screen to clear the menu buttons each time.

Yes...that is what mine is doing. Is there any fix for the problem? I have the lockpick with the override button.

On an 05 with the modified lockpick all Dip Switches need to be in the OFF position. If you followed the install video you probably set Dip 5 on but that is only for 2007+ units without the modified lockpick. If you have a modified unit and its causing this issue your dip settings must not be set correctly.

You will need to disconnect the lockpick from the harness and make the changes and reconnect it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    On an 05 with the modified lockpick all Dip Switches need to be in the OFF position. If you followed the install video you probably set Dip 5 on but that is only for 2007+ units without the modified lockpick. If you have a modified unit and its causing this issue your dip settings must not be set correctly.

You will need to disconnect the lockpick from the harness and make the changes and reconnect it.
    Thank you Tomm! I will try give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce81 View Post
    Thank you Tomm! I will try give this a try.
    How did you make out? Want to make sure its working for you.

Hey Tomm...I finally got to my lockpick this past weekend. Now I followed your instructions and after looking at the lockpick all dip switches were in the off position. So I disconnected and reconnected and I am getting the same problem. Its weird because if I adjust the volume or skip chapters it comes up with "picture not available while driving. Then if I dont mess with anything it will play, sometimes minutes at a time, and then just go to the Picture Not Avail" screen. Do you have anymore suggestions or is there something I could be doing wrong, or possible faulty unit?

AirForce81 please call me tomorrow anytime after 12 Noon EST. 1-888-229-7494 Extension 84, It will be easier to just troubleshoot with you over the phone than going back and forth in the forums.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Hey Tomm, I'm about to install a upac STS with my lockpick. I believe they share one plug. Does it matter which order they are plugged in? Should the upac or the lockpick be plugged directly into the unit? Its an 05 STS with the modified lockpick obviously. Thanks!

Based on my quick glance on how the UPAC works my best guess is that it should not matter. My concern is the space behind the Navigation unit for another harness. It's going to be real hard getting the unit back in with two harnesses.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.