Official STS Lockpick Thread - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Official STS Lockpick Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by ChrisHall Hi Tomm, Quick question. After I engage the lockpick, Nav map doesn't update with my position ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: Official STS Lockpick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHall View Post
    Hi Tomm,

Quick question.

After I engage the lockpick, Nav map doesn't update with my position when I'm moving. It stays put. When I disengage LockPick, the Nav map updates with my position and works OK.

Does lockpick have to be disengaged inorder for Nav map to update my position.

Chris
    Correct. Lockpicks work by tricking the navigation unit into thinking that your vehicle is not moving. You cant watch a movie and use navigation at the same time. If you are using navigation and want to make a change to your route you need to just activate the lockpick and make your changes and they deactivate it and you will get re-calculated.

XTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 1SG

I just want to say a big Thank You to Tomm. Ordered my modified lockpick for my 06 STS 1SG and installed without problems. The biggest part of the installation is making sure the wiring harness goes back in to allow the radio to mount flush. Works perfectly!

I do have one quick questions Tomm. My 06 is a Feb 06 build. Not sure if that is considered mid-year or late build, but I have seen where you have mentioned late 06 STS and the 07's are slightly different, (in that they don't look at the GPS sats to determine if the car is moving). I know I still need the modified lockpick because I have no mute button, but I am wondering if I still need to connect the GPS antenna wire thru the lockpick harness? Would perhaps make the navigation not lose its position or it would not work because the car is still looking at the GPS sats for movement/non-movement. I know I could just try it, but I thought you might already know? I don't really want to fight routing the wiring harness again...lol. It did take a while to get the wires just right so the radio would go back in. That really was the hardest part of the installation.

Otherwise, works as advertised! Don't really watch movies, but I have already countless times had to plug-in a destination during my trips and it was nice not having to pull over for my passenger to input addresses or points of interest.

Thanks Tomm. Great job. Very satisfied.

taruin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Hey Tomm,

Just bought the lockpick on bestradar for my 2005 cadillac sts and the lock pick does not seem to be working. It did not come with a side gps wire or a switch and the # 5 switch is down. i was wondering if you could help me fix the problem.

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

tom, u said the lockpick lets dvd video work by disabling the gps antenna?

Quote Originally Posted by taruin View Post
    Hey Tomm,

Just bought the lockpick on bestradar for my 2005 cadillac sts and the lock pick does not seem to be working. It did not come with a side gps wire or a switch and the # 5 switch is down. i was wondering if you could help me fix the problem.
    You ordered the 2007 version not the 2005 if if did not come with the GPS connectors and the #5 dip was down.

Quote Originally Posted by STE_6000 View Post
    tom, u said the lockpick lets dvd video work by disabling the gps antenna?
    It does much more than just disable the GPS signal, Its also disables the vehicle speed signal and sends a GM Lan signal to the navigation unit that you never put the vehicle in drive.

BooYaKa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 V Coupe

hey tomm, I bought a lockpick from you back in 07 for my 2006 sts. I'm planning on trading it in for an 08 1sg. I remember you saying something was slightly different on 05-06 models and thats why I have a switch to turn it on and off, Question is can I take the one from my old car and put in in the 08 without the switch? What would I have to do to make it work using the mute button? Is it possible? Thanks in advance.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by BooYaKa View Post
    hey tomm, I bought a lockpick from you back in 07 for my 2006 sts. I'm planning on trading it in for an 08 1sg. I remember you saying something was slightly different on 05-06 models and thats why I have a switch to turn it on and off, Question is can I take the one from my old car and put in in the 08 without the switch? What would I have to do to make it work using the mute button? Is it possible? Thanks in advance.

Scott
    You can use the same unit and harness and it will work 100% no issues. If you dont want to use the switch we can exchange the harness for you so you can use the mute button on the 08. Just PM or email me when you make the trade.

jmac660 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Another satisfied customer...Mine works great and it was worth every penny. Thanks

andrewriccardi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts

Tomm i have a 2006 sts with a mute button bought one of our lockpins a few months ago and just got it installed do i remember correctly pin 5 should be like the others or should it be on.....

lreddiablo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Have one of the origional lockpicks from way back in Tom's first batch (or was it 2nd O got in on). Anyways about two years later and still going strong. Thanks Tomm!

Rotorhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Tomm:

I'm ready to order for my 2008 STS V-6. I would also like a backup camera with it. Thought I read that you had this available, but can't find it tonight.

Let me know and I'll get my order in.

dbennett451@q.com

XTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by STSinBama View Post
    I just want to say a big Thank You to Tomm. Ordered my modified lockpick for my 06 STS 1SG and installed without problems. The biggest part of the installation is making sure the wiring harness goes back in to allow the radio to mount flush. Works perfectly!

I do have one quick questions Tomm. My 06 is a Feb 06 build. Not sure if that is considered mid-year or late build, but I have seen where you have mentioned late 06 STS and the 07's are slightly different, (in that they don't look at the GPS sats to determine if the car is moving). I know I still need the modified lockpick because I have no mute button, but I am wondering if I still need to connect the GPS antenna wire thru the lockpick harness? Would perhaps make the navigation not lose its position or it would not work because the car is still looking at the GPS sats for movement/non-movement. I know I could just try it, but I thought you might already know? I don't really want to fight routing the wiring harness again...lol. It did take a while to get the wires just right so the radio would go back in. That really was the hardest part of the installation.

Otherwise, works as advertised! Don't really watch movies, but I have already countless times had to plug-in a destination during my trips and it was nice not having to pull over for my passenger to input addresses or points of interest.

Thanks Tomm. Great job. Very satisfied.
    Tomm, I think I buried my question in my last post. Here it is again, if you have time to respond. Thanks....

My 06 STS 1SG is a Feb 06 build. Not sure if that is considered mid-year or late build, but I have seen where you have mentioned late 06 STS and the 07's are slightly different, (in that they don't look at the GPS sats to determine if the car is moving). I know I still need the modified lockpick because I have no mute button, but I am wondering if I still need to connect the GPS antenna wire thru the lockpick harness? Would perhaps make the navigation not lose its position or it would not work because the car is still looking at the GPS sats for movement/non-movement?

mxdxm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS4 1SB with Nav

Has anyone tried the Nav-TV module for the 2007 and up STS? Anyone have any issues with it?

kschwed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SC

What is the price for a lockpick for a February 2006 STS, with the mute button?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.