Price High Styling Laacking 2005 STS/ E 500
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Price High Styling Laacking 2005 STS/ E 500 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; STS People, Here are two pictures. The STS with options tops out in the mid 60K range (WAY OVER PRICED ...
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Price High Styling Laacking 2005 STS/ E 500

STS People,

Here are two pictures. The STS with options tops out in the mid 60K range (WAY OVER PRICED IMO). And also attached is the 2005 E500 Mercedes. Anyone else think that the STS looks a lot cheaper than the Mercedes? I was hoping for a broader more classic styling theme for the 2005 STS. Remember the bigon days when having a Seville meant you were doing better then the average guy on the block? Remeber the feel of sitting in the back of a car and actually fitting into it.

Here is where Benz is kicking Caddy's ass right now (regarding the 2005 STS)
    1) The E 500 stayed with a classic/prestige grill theme (caddy did not)
    2) The E 500 appears to be a bigger car and looks good when parked (The STS is sigma'd out and looks like a CTS XL which is what it is)
    3) I'd bet an E500 Engine would have a lot more off the line kick than a 320 horse Northstar.

Again, I have owned Caddy's forever and most likely will not switch to MB but you have to see the points I am raising...
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Price High Styling Laacking 2005 STS/ E 500

Another Pic to show what I am referring to.

The STS is not suppodsed to look like a mid line Infinity!!!!
    Attached Images

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    STS People,

Here are two pictures. The STS with options tops out in the mid 60K range (WAY OVER PRICED IMO). Remember the bigon days when having a Seville meant you were doing better then the average guy on the block? Remeber the feel of sitting in the back of a car and actually fitting into it.
    I think the average guy will still have trouble owning a brand-new STS. I agree with you on the size of cars nowadays - but the STS isn't Cadillac's BIG car.. That's the DeVille - which isn't very big anyway. I hope they increase the size of whatever replaced the DeVille..

At any cost - the looks of the STS vs E500 are just a matter of taste. I think many people will go either way in regards to the looks. I forget what the inside of the E500 looks like - but as far as the outside goes, I don't think the STS looks bad. BMW seems to do just fine and the 3, 5 and 7 series have looked similar except for size for quite awhile...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

the price is not good imo. lexus made their mark by undercutting everyone else. i know cadillac isnt a startup like lexus, but in some ways they are in worse shape because they are not coming from no reputation, they are coming from a negative reputation.

i see no possible reason to trade my ls430 for a new sts. my car matches it in features and beats it in resale and reliability. and my LS was cheaper as well.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

The STS with options tops out in the mid 60K range (WAY OVER PRICED IMO)
    ...With ALL available options, tops out mid 60K. This is a versatile priced car, starting in the low 40s and ending in the mid 60s...

Remeber the feel of sitting in the back of a car and actually fitting into it.
    The STS in many pictures looks small, and that's because it's TALL. It's taller than a current deville.

2) The E 500 appears to be a bigger car and looks good when parked (The STS is sigma'd out and looks like a CTS XL which is what it is)
    The STS: 4" longer wheel base, 7" longer overall, 1.3" wider, and .5" taller.
    Attached Images
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    ...and my LS was cheaper as well.
    ?? ?? I believe the 04 LS 430 starts at ~$56K before any packages or options. A FULLY loaded 1SG rear wheel drive STS is right at $60K, and that's only the price of a LS 430 with the PT Modern Luxury package. A 1SG STS is more comparable to something between the Custom and Ultra Luxury LS 430 ($65-$68K), and that's 04 pricing. Supposedly there's a $1800 price increase on the LS 430 for 2005.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Another Pic to show what I am referring to.

The STS is not suppodsed to look like a mid line Infinity!!!!
    It's probably more accurate to say the a mid-line Infiniti looks like a Cadillac, rather than the other way 'round. Nissan/Infiniti has done a very good job of copying the themes of the Evoq concept car since its introduction in 1999.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    ...With ALL available options, tops out mid 60K. This is a versatile priced car, starting in the low 40s and ending in the mid 60s...

The STS in many pictures looks small, and that's because it's TALL. It's taller than a current deville.

The STS: 4" longer wheel base, 7" longer overall, 1.3" wider, and .5" taller.
    You did it again, miscreant! That pic is the best profile shot of STS I've seen so far. I wonder how jerseyvette would feel if he/she could see the C, E, and S all lined up in profile? How could one tell them apart?

May I ask, these dimensions you've listed. Is this compared to the E 500?

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    ?? ?? I believe the 04 LS 430 starts at ~$56K before any packages or options. A FULLY loaded 1SG rear wheel drive STS is right at $60K, and that's only the price of a LS 430 with the PT Modern Luxury package. A 1SG STS is more comparable to something between the Custom and Ultra Luxury LS 430 ($65-$68K), and that's 04 pricing. Supposedly there's a $1800 price increase on the LS 430 for 2005.

My LS with modern lux package(mark levinson, nav, bluetooth, backup camera, climate seats, parking assist front and rear), smartkey and sport package was 62159, i got 3k off of that. Id say those features are very comparable to the STS 1sg. I think the STS has HUD and laser cruise control which mine doesnt. mine has a 6-speed trans, rear vanity mirrors, adaptive headlights, power rear sunshade, back up camera, FRONT and rear parking assist, i dont think the STS has any of those. Basically, pretty evenly matched cars imo. And basically the same price, which is what scares me. until cadillac builds up a resale values, you gotta admit the LS is a bit of a better value.

you know im a cadillac fan miscreant, but i just dont see how the STS stacks up against some of the PROVEN competitors. which i guess is my point. if im gonna take a chance on a luxury car, i wish it were a little cheaper than its competitors

hawkman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Take a look at the pictures in the current issue of Car and Driver. this car looks GREAT in Black. I think better than the Mercedes (I never thought I would say that). It also gets a great review!

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

imo, new e class is the best car that mb has put out in a long time

the E has a ridiculously deep footwell as well. im actually able to straighten my legs in that car, and im a bit over 6'9"

EgyptianQueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    you know im a cadillac fan miscreant, but i just dont see how the STS stacks up against some of the PROVEN competitors. which i guess is my point. if im gonna take a chance on a luxury car, i wish it were a little cheaper than its competitors
    I believe many import purchasers forget that Lexus, BMW and Mercedes-Benz had to get their ideas from somewhere.....Cadillac. When BMW, MB & Lexus were starting out, who do you think those companies looked to to introduce themselves into the US market? Its a shame! Who the hell needs rear vanity mirrors? That is a BIT much, IMO! A back-up camera? Do you hear the words "distorted picture?" And if you were hurt and attempted to sue because the camera didn't display the rear appropriately, SOL. Cadillac's back-up aid is much better, none the less. Did I see the word cheap? Why should Cadillac compete in a "prestige luxury market" and be the cheapest!

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianQueen
    I believe many import purchasers forget that Lexus, BMW and Mercedes-Benz had to get their ideas from somewhere.....Cadillac. When BMW, MB & Lexus were starting out, who do you think those companies looked to to introduce themselves into the US market? Its a shame! Who the hell needs rear vanity mirrors? That is a BIT much, IMO! A back-up camera? Do you hear the words "distorted picture?" And if you were hurt and attempted to sue because the camera didn't display the rear appropriately, SOL. Cadillac's back-up aid is much better, none the less. Did I see the word cheap? Why should Cadillac compete in a "prestige luxury market" and be the cheapest!
    yeah, some of those features are pretty useless, i was just trying to point out the differences, i think the cars are basically evenly matched. although i do like the back up camera, and there is also 6 sensors back there, opposed to the STS's 4

like i said my point was for the same money, i dont want to take a risk on the STS. cars are one thing in life there is no gain to taking a risk on. because if it turns out to be a home run, you can always buy one then, its not like they are limiting the amount they manufacture. i just wish they would let the newcomers get a little discount. if it topped out at 59,999 i think that would be great

P.S. i forgot the mag ride on the STS, lexus doesnt have that

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianQueen
    Why should Cadillac compete in a "prestige luxury market" and be the cheapest!

read about lexus and you'll answer that question

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.