Price High Styling Laacking 2005 STS/ E 500 - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Price High Styling Laacking 2005 STS/ E 500 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Interior Dimensions (deville) (s500) Head Room (front) (in.) 39.1 37.6 Head Room (rear) (in.) 38.4 38.4 Hiproom (front) (in.) 56.4 ...
    Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Price High Styling Laacking 2005 STS/ E 500

Interior Dimensions (deville) (s500)
    Head Room (front) (in.) 39.1 37.6
    Head Room (rear) (in.) 38.4 38.4
    Hiproom (front) (in.) 56.4 Not Listed
    Hiproom (rear) (in.) 56.7 Not Listed
    Leg Room (front) (in.) 42.4 41.3
    Leg Room (rear) (in.) 43.2 40.3
    Shoulder Room (front) (in.) 60.4 59.2
    Shoulder Room (rear) (in.) 60.1 58.3
    Cargo Volume (mfr.) (cu. ft.) 19.1 15.4
    According to my math deville has far more room than s500 in just about every category.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Re: Rear STS Seats

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    Now here is the STS interior. imagine being stuck back here for a 4 hour car ride if you were above 6' tall..life would stink!
    What I notice is that the DTS seats are all the way back and tilted back, as well as the STS's. But the S500 seats are forward. I have BEEN IN an S500, it's not any more roomy than a DTS.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    Interior Dimensions (deville) (s500)
    Head Room (front) (in.) 39.1 37.6
    Head Room (rear) (in.) 38.4 38.4
    Hiproom (front) (in.) 56.4 Not Listed
    Hiproom (rear) (in.) 56.7 Not Listed
    Leg Room (front) (in.) 42.4 41.3
    Leg Room (rear) (in.) 43.2 40.3
    Shoulder Room (front) (in.) 60.4 59.2
    Shoulder Room (rear) (in.) 60.1 58.3
    Cargo Volume (mfr.) (cu. ft.) 19.1 15.4
    According to my math deville has far more room than s500 in just about every category.
    I never busted on the shape of the exterior of teh Deville..the car is awesome looking. Just too small in headroom and front knee room..

I never busted on the shape of the exterior of teh Deville..the car is awesome looking. Just too small in headroom and front knee room..
    i guess you're little TOO TALL for s class since it has less room in the front than the deville. And i didn't say anything about the exterior. Look at the numbers and title and post again.

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    ...With ALL available options, tops out mid 60K. This is a versatile priced car, starting in the low 40s and ending in the mid 60s...

The STS in many pictures looks small, and that's because it's TALL. It's taller than a current deville.

The STS: 4" longer wheel base, 7" longer overall, 1.3" wider, and .5" taller.
    Let me repeat this:

The STS is 4" longer wheel base, 7" longer overall, 1.3" wider, and .5" taller than the E500.

wow1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That's the secret that people shopping on the internet miss. A caddy dealer can give you up to a 15% discount after a car has been introduced for about six weeks. Try to find that at one of "silver paint" dealerships.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Be careful... Caddy likes to advertise in 'silver paint' now too...

Also, I would like to see where you can get a 15% discount on a CTS-V or an XLR...
    Mmm... CTS-Vs for $42k... XLRs for below $60k... Introduce me to your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by wow1
    That's the secret that people shopping on the internet miss. A caddy dealer can give you up to a 15% discount after a car has been introduced for about six weeks. Try to find that at one of "silver paint" dealerships.
    That's not true of the newest designed cars. It was two years before the Escalades really got discounted, the CTS still isn't heavily discounted (and still going strong), the SRX even while not selling as great as Cadillac had hoped, is still not heavily discounted. Then throw the CTS-V and XLR into the mix

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

jerseyvette & devil_concours,

Measurements don't tell the whole story on legroom.
    The current STS/Seville and Deville simply do not have the legroom/kneeroom of the previous models.
    Knee bolsters are closer than they have ever been and I hardly fit in either car much less get comfortable.

I drive a SRX because of this, and because of it's 41" of rear legroom!

Gm is the only company I know that can extend the wheelbase of it's cars and have LESS legroom than the previous model.

Hopefull the STS will have the CTS/SRX legroom and some additional rear legroom, although mag tests have said rear legroom is somewhat lacking.

Even though the wheelbase is 3" more than the CTS.

Quote Originally Posted by b4z

The current STS/Seville and Deville simply do not have the legroom/kneeroom of the previous models.
    Knee bolsters are closer than they have ever been and I hardly fit in either car much less get comfortable.

Gm is the only company I know that can extend the wheelbase of it's cars and have LESS legroom than the previous model.

Hopefull the STS will have the CTS/SRX legroom and some additional rear legroom, although mag tests have said rear legroom is somewhat lacking.

When i first saw the cts interior i thought to myself wtf are they thinking. It looked like i will be able to sit in them barely. I then sat in one and realized that looks are deceiving. I fit in one comfortably and i still had room left.(i'm ONLY 6'2")

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

i drove an s500 for a couple days about 9 months ago. the rear seat and front seat were NOT as roomy as a DTS. In fact i found the E500 to have more front legroom than the S.

Also the S500 base price is ~85k, so for 40k higher base price than a Deville I would expect a little more legroom, even though i dont believe you get it

When i first saw the cts interior i thought to myself wtf are they thinking. It looked like i will be able to sit in them barely. I then sat in one and realized that looks are deceiving. I fit in one comfortably and i still had room left.(i'm ONLY 6'2")
    I overall love the CTS and it is positioned perfectly. The V Series is really a great car as well and I would buy one if I did not ahve so much highway and stop and go driving to do for work.

Do you know if there are any spy pics of the 2006 DTS? What platform will it share?

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by b4z

Let's have a party because you and I are in 100% agreement. Regardless of what dealers that bash my posts are saying. AMEN I say AMEN!

I overall love the CTS and it is positioned perfectly. The V Series is really a great car as well and I would buy one if I did not ahve so much highway and stop and go driving to do for work.

Do you know if there are any spy pics of the 2006 DTS? What platform will it share?

Have a great day!
    http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=178&n=158

Even under this heavy camouflage, one can see - inside and out - that the 2006 DeVille will borrow styling cues from the Cadillac Sixteen concept car.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

looks as if it will have the long and narrow headlights, like the Sixteen does, probybaly a similiar grill...but the entire side of the car (A,B,C pillars, doors) is EXACTLY THE SAME as the current deville. Looks like interior and front and rear are getting the design change.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.