STS Cabin Air Filter Change - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS Cabin Air Filter Change in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is the cabin air filter standard on all option groups? I have taken the cover off three timess and still ...
    Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Re: STS Cabin Air Filter Change

Is the cabin air filter standard on all option groups? I have taken the cover off three timess and still don't see one in there.

mapmaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS, 06 STS, 11 STS, 11 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Teammuir1 View Post
    sure would have been nice to have a part number for the filter you bought... or even the charcole filter part number too...
    Just saying.. would make looking up the item a SNAP....
    thanks for the post
    I am curious to know when does the dealer suggest that this filter be replaced?
    You can actually see the part number in the photo that was posted - GM02112C

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

While I'm certainly not a Cadillac Service Technician, I am more than handy; I also conclude that changing this seemingly easy filter was PITA.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    While I'm certainly not a Cadillac Service Technician, I am more than handy; I also conclude that changing this seemingly easy filter was PITA.
    Same here. I ended up unhooking the hood from the strut and tying it up to my garage ceiling so I could get the new filter in without bending the shit out of it.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Quote Originally Posted by KRSTS View Post

Same here. I ended up unhooking the hood from the strut and tying it up to my garage ceiling so I could get the new filter in without bending the shit out of it.
    Although it's harder than I think it should be, I didn't have much trouble. It bends easily.

pilikia1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: 2007 Cadillac STS V6 Base model

For, what it's worth, Cadillac and GM think they're on top again because people are scratching their national pride and of course, we all want to see America working again and doing well. I'm a guy over 60 and the 2007 Caddy isn't anything like the Caddies I had in the 70's. This thing is so tinny and cheaply made and I find it interesting that a great deal of the parts that I am running into for this car are made in China that I am truly sorry that I bought it without giving it more consideration. Without a doubt, I believe that within 5 to 10 years, maybe sooner, people are going to go back to buying cars that work and require little or no maintenance and this 'so called bailout' of the auto companies isn't going to pan out. I really think that the top auto executives should be forced to drive their luxury made cars (Cadillac, Lincoln) and their everyday cars (Chevy, Ford) and have to take them into the dealership and be given a wrench and told they need to service the car when service is needed and find out the frustration that we backyard mechanics, who not only like to work on our cars, but want to work on our cars, go through. They just might find out that they could or should have designed something better with the poor service mechanic in mind. It isn't enough to sit behind the wheel and say I bought American, when the product lets you down in so many ways and if their desire is to see everyone going back to the dealerships to service their products because they're designed to where we can't, then I guess I'll give up owning a car and go to public transportation. Thanks, Andy.

erichthecatt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CADILLAC STS 1SC

I purchased my carbon air filter on amazon. through auto barn. bosch part bosc3859. xlnt filter

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

So who pissed in Andy's Wheaties, post number 21; joined the forum to complain about his STS (it's his first post, ever, and on a thread concerning cabin air filters). At 62 years of age (I'm 61), he's inditing the whole American car industry because of his purchase of an STS; I would expect a little more maturity (in a first post).

Okay Andy, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt; would you like to followup your first post with a rational response to my challenge?

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Mine is a 1sb and I don't see one in mine either.

Re: 2007 Cadillac STS V6 Base model

Quote Originally Posted by pilikia1 View Post
    For, what it's worth, Cadillac and GM think they're on top again because people are scratching their national pride and of course, we all want to see America working again and doing well. I'm a guy over 60 and the 2007 Caddy isn't anything like the Caddies I had in the 70's. This thing is so tinny and cheaply made and I find it interesting that a great deal of the parts that I am running into for this car are made in China that I am truly sorry that I bought it without giving it more consideration. Without a doubt, I believe that within 5 to 10 years, maybe sooner, people are going to go back to buying cars that work and require little or no maintenance and this 'so called bailout' of the auto companies isn't going to pan out. I really think that the top auto executives should be forced to drive their luxury made cars (Cadillac, Lincoln) and their everyday cars (Chevy, Ford) and have to take them into the dealership and be given a wrench and told they need to service the car when service is needed and find out the frustration that we backyard mechanics, who not only like to work on our cars, but want to work on our cars, go through. They just might find out that they could or should have designed something better with the poor service mechanic in mind. It isn't enough to sit behind the wheel and say I bought American, when the product lets you down in so many ways and if their desire is to see everyone going back to the dealerships to service their products because they're designed to where we can't, then I guess I'll give up owning a car and go to public transportation. Thanks, Andy.
    Everyone has an opinion, most people aren't interested.

MARSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS4

Thnaks for the post. I did mine about 4-5 months ago and I wrestled with it for 10-15 minutes. When you first take the original out, it seems like a breeze and thats when my trouble (I think) started. My filter ended up in the same position as the photo above, but this was not the position that it was install in from the factory - it was positioned deeper in the enclosure. I couldn't get it to go any further down in the cavity, so I ended up leaving it as is. It is tough to see down into this area, so you can't tell if it is in the right position. Has anyone else experienced the same???

Quote Originally Posted by MARSTS View Post
    Thnaks for the post. I did mine about 4-5 months ago and I wrestled with it for 10-15 minutes. When you first take the original out, it seems like a breeze and thats when my trouble (I think) started. My filter ended up in the same position as the photo above, but this was not the position that it was install in from the factory - it was positioned deeper in the enclosure. I couldn't get it to go any further down in the cavity, so I ended up leaving it as is. It is tough to see down into this area, so you can't tell if it is in the right position. Has anyone else experienced the same???
    That is why I ended up unhooking the hood from the strut and tying it up to my garage ceiling so I could get the new filter in the proper position without bending the shit out of it. Once you can see clearly down there, you can get it in right. I now see why a dealer charges so much to replace it. It is a bitch

R3TRO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

I bought mine on Amazon.com:
    FRAM CF10371 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter
    http://www.amazon.com/CF10371-Fresh-...pe=5&carId=003

Yes a P A I N to replace. You do have to bend it a little, but once it's in, just wiggle it around a little and it will fall into place, it doesn't sit under the tabs but against the outside of them. It doesn't look like it's in correctly, but it is. I did my air filter at the same time for extra frustration!

DBeaSST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

Did you have to remove the wiper arm to get the cover panel off?

6sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS v6

I did this yesterday, took 10 min, the new one gets bent a little going in but straightens out before into place, I used the factory rubber edges on the new filter for a better seal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.