Keyless FOB
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Keyless FOB in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is there a way I can delete all Fobs and start over? I have two FOBS #1 and #3 are ...
    dmokry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 SG

Keyless FOB

Is there a way I can delete all Fobs and start over? I have two FOBS #1 and #3 are programed in #2 has been lost. I would like to program the #3 into the #2 spot. This is a 2005 STS sg

Thanks,
    Moke

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SwissSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Cadillac STS AWD Platinum Edition

Re: Keyless FOB

There are multiple ways to program key fobs. I think you have to programe your fobs according to the following description:

Method 3 - Key Fob Auto Learn

This procedure will first erase all known key fobs. The procedure will then program a single or multiple key fobs. Method 3 is a series of three 10-minute key cycles, for a total of 30 minutes . This procedure requires that you have a replacement key fob and the vehicle mechanical key.

Important: All previously programmed key fobs will be erased upon completion of the 30-minute programming procedure. The order in which the key fobs are programmed will determine its numbering position within the RCDLR memory. The first key fob programmed will be key fob #1, and the second key fob programmed will be key fob #2. The number stamped on the key fob case is for reference only: #2 can be programmed as #1.

Do not place any known good key fobs in the vicinity of the vehicle when programming with Method 3. If the RCDLR recognizes a known good key fob during Method 3 programming, the programming mode will resort to Method 1.

1. The vehicle must be OFF.
    2. Place the replacement key fob in the console pocket with the buttons facing forward.
    3. Insert the vehicle key in the driver door lock cylinder located in the driver door handle and cycle the key 5 times within 5 seconds .
    4. The DIC will display a message: OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
    5. Press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button.
    6. The DIC will display a message: WAIT 10 MINUTES , then it will count down from 10 to 0, one minute at a time.
    7. When the counter reaches 0, DIC will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
    8. Repeat steps 5-7 two more times, for a total of 30 minutes .
    9. The DIC will display a message: OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
    10. Press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button.
    11. A beep will occur and the DIC will display: READY FOR FOB 1. At this time all previously known key fobs have been erased. When fob 1 is programmed a beep will be heard and the DIC will display a message: READY FOR FOB 2.
    12. Additional key fobs can be programmed by taking fob 1 out of the pocket and inserting fob 2. If desired, up to 4 fobs can be programmed. Once 4 fobs have been learned, the DIC will display a message: MAX FOBS LEARNED, and automatically exit the program mode.
    13. If learning less than 4 key fobs, press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button to exit the program mode.
    14. Operate the active portion of each key fob in order to finalize the programming sequence and verify correct system operation.

dmokry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 SG

Thank you. It worked perfectly.

swangin50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

I tried this because I just bought a #2 key fob but I have a problem. My #2 programmed but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

There's a thread with the part numbers. Are your #1 & #2 sequencial part numbers?

mikey1026 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

question...where is CONSOLE POCKET? instruction # 2

LAC_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS

Its the little pocket in center console. Its attached to the rear wall of the console liner.

Joe Pagano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 & 2005 STS4

First, when you reprograme as stated above and delete all fobs it does not matter what the number on the fob is. Mine are both #2, but I know the one I carry acts as #1 and the spare (wife's) is #2. The numbers on back are just meant as an identifier, they are in fact the same item.
    The fob pocket is against the rear panel inside the center console next to the power outlet. If you do not have an owners manual they are found in pdf format on-line, just Google it. Good luck...................... Joe P

cbcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts

Hi guys i tried this and it seemed to work to program a replacement fob but my remote start dosent work on the replacement fob any ideas or fixes thanks

ddalder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by cbcaddy View Post
    Hi guys i tried this and it seemed to work to program a replacement fob but my remote start dosent work on the replacement fob any ideas or fixes thanks
    How many fobs are programmed for your car? Remote start only works on fobs set-up as #1 and #2. You can have up to four in total, but #3 and #4 will not remote start the vehicle. When it went into program mode, the DIC should have displayed a message similar to "Ready For Fob #x". What number was in place of 'x'?

Frikiton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

thanks for the instructions lol i'll def do this when it gets warmer or when im in a inside garage

30 minutes can be a long tme!

rzambrano is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Tell me about it, I did the procedure twice because the first time my #1 FOB (bought on eBay) didn't work, then after I did it the second time, I realize the battery on the FOB was dead.

Frikiton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Lol thats why I am going to wait till the spring hahaha , too bad I live in the city and don't have indoor parking ..

Quote Originally Posted by rzambrano View Post
    Tell me about it, I did the procedure twice because the first time my #1 FOB (bought on eBay) didn't work, then after I did it the second time, I realize the battery on the FOB was dead.
    You got the FOB for your year or the 08+ model fob ? how much you paid ?
    My current FOB is #2, do I require #1 ? I noticed w/ my #2 I can't remote start even though I have remote start enabled on my personal settings in my car.

If it's matched as #2 it should remote start. That makes me think it is matched as 3 or 4. Have you done a rigorous test to prove it really is recalling Driver 2 preferences?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.