Keyless FOB - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Keyless FOB in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is there a way to reprogram all the fobs without a replacement fob? I have the same problem. #1 and ...
    mikeymikey69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Re: Keyless FOB

Is there a way to reprogram all the fobs without a replacement fob? I have the same problem. #1 and #3 but lost #2. All I want is to reprogram fob #3 to #2 without having to buy a replacement fob. I do have a mechanical key though..lol

Any ideas? or did I miss something in the thread?

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Just keep them all out of range untill called for.

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

Help on keyless fob, I have a 06 STS and trying to program for a third fob. I bought this fob from another Cadillac fourm member. Placed a new battery (CR20320) and tested for full voltage. Used the steps in my manual 1 thur 8. Every thing is good until step 7, no beep sound. I can't go to step 8. Do I have to stand on one foot for to work. Danny

Maybe #3 & #4 are already programmed. Start from scratch using the procedure in post #2 of this thread.

EChas3, Thanks, I will try it. Danny

flittlejr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Remote set is set at radio. Go thru Dvr #1 and Dvr #2. Seats, mirrors, door locks, remote start. You just toggle yes or know.

flittlejr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My FOB #1 went bad, so I bought new OE. Programed fine but as #3. I tried method #3 at top of page but when I do the unlock with key five times it says ready for for#4. Not having any success erasing existing fobs and starting from scratch. Had Fob #2 (never bad) in my office so car could not see and revert to program method #1.

----------

I tried method #3. I had #1 go bad so i now have 2 & 3. tried your method 3 and put good fob #2 in office other end of house. Only #3 fob visible to car. turned unlock 5 times and ready for fob $4 ready. I just can't seem to erase all and start over. I went to radio setting and could not find "reset fobs". Any ideas???

Just gone thur this last month. Had 3 fob, lost #1. The dealer can move them around. I found this out after trying to move the fob my self. End up buying a new fob. And the #2 that I had no longer work on my car. Dealer states it can be reprogramed on an another. Danny

Wow. So much trouble with fobs. ALL fobs are over 100 feet away until it says insert Fob #1? If you don't get that, do the system rest trick. (Battery cable remove, short together & reinstall.)

Could there be any other GM fob within range -or- could this car not be made (& 100% configured) for the US market?

Now to think of it, one of my GM truck fob was just inside the house less than 20ft. away. No that can't be it. When the fob new fob was programed at the dealer other cars was near by. Danny

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.