Keyless FOB - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Keyless FOB in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Frikiton My current FOB is #2, do I require #1 ? I noticed w/ my #2 I ...
    ddalder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Re: Keyless FOB

Quote Originally Posted by Frikiton View Post
    My current FOB is #2, do I require #1 ? I noticed w/ my #2 I can't remote start even though I have remote start enabled on my personal settings in my car.
    You need to remember that the number printed on the fob may mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This is a number GM prints on the case so the owners can differentiate which is which. The part numbers for #1 and #2 are different only because of the number printed on the case. GM doesn't produce a key fob with the number 3 or 4 despite the fact you can program up to four different fobs for the car. The electronics for both #1 and #2 are identical in function.

This is easy...

1. Get in your car.
    2. Start your car.
    3. Look at your Driver Information Centre.
    4. If you opened your car with a fob programmed as #1, it will display one of the following:
    Driver 1 -OR-
    1: Your driver 1 welcome message
    5. If you opened your car with a fob programmed as #2, it will display one of the following:
    Driver 2 -OR-
    2: Your driver 2 welcome message
    6. If you opened your car with a fob programmed as #3 or #4, the DIC will not display a message similar to the ones above.

While your car is running, you can press the unlock button on each and watch the DIC. You will soon know which fob is #1 or #2. You will require a Tech2 scan tool to sort out whether undetermined fobs are #3 or #4. In any event, this should give you your answer. A fob that is not set-up as #1 or #2 will NOT remote start your car.

Frikiton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    If it's matched as #2 it should remote start. That makes me think it is matched as 3 or 4. Have you done a rigorous test to prove it really is recalling Driver 2 preferences?
    I pressed the wrong button, I read the manual and it said to press the lock button first and then remote start and it worked. I thought it would simply work by holding down the remote start though this way.

When I go into personal settings it does shows as Driver 2 .. I am still trying to clear how to work that, I need to clear driver 1 and 2 settings .. or maybe leave driver 2 as it is since its what im using

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

No need to change anything until you get another fob. If you want a welcome message, just configure it for Driver 2.

If/when you do get another fob, you'll have to rematch them both to get rid of the old #1. Leave both fobs far away when starting the reprogramming sequence. I think this is in a sticky,but I offered my 2cents somewhere, too!

ddalder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

I pressed the wrong button, I read the manual and it said to press the lock button first and then remote start and it worked. I thought it would simply work by holding down the remote start though this way.
    My advice is to always check the owner's manual when something doesn't work as expected. If you're following the correct procedure, then start troubleshooting problems. It'll will sometimes save a little time and grief.

Neoalex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS 3.6 RWD

Hi guys. Can I program the fob to my 2006 using fob 2008+?

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Quote Originally Posted by Neoalex View Post
    Hi guys. Can I program the fob to my 2006 using fob 2008+?
    Yes

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-question.html

I use a 2008-style Fob with my 2006. The stickey-thread at the top of the forum has a link to the matching procedure.
    Frikiton and Frikiton like this.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by dmokry View Post
    Is there a way I can delete all Fobs and start over? I have two FOBS #1 and #3 are programed in #2 has been lost. I would like to program the #3 into the #2 spot. This is a 2005 STS sg

Thanks,
    Moke
    Yes, You can easily do this. The instructions are on the site and just do a search for reprogramming the STS fobs on this forum and you will find it. Procedure takes around 30 minutes.

How about if I currently have fob #2 programmed as #2, and I buy a new one lets say model 08 for my 06 sts does it matter if I get a fob #1 or #2 or #3 (according to ebay) or I specifically need to buy one that says fob #1 to program into #1 ?

How about if I currently have fob #2 programmed as #2, and I buy a new one lets say model 08 for my 06 sts does it matter if I get a fob #1 or #2 or #3 (according to ebay) or I specifically need to buy one that says fob #1 to program into #1 ?
    You can program them to whatever number you want, don't need to buy a specific number

The only differences between fobs with a '1' or '2' is the #.

OK, the GM Part Number & matching ID codes are different but it's all for appearances.

I don't think there are all that many unique matching ID codes. Only a determined theif can steal your car (and a determined thief can steal ANY car).

Which 2008+ style you guys have bought on ebay to use on your 06 STS ?

Which 2008+ style you guys have bought on ebay to use on your 06 STS ?
    I posted a link to that thread post up from yours in post #21...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-question.html

FB001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 STS

Thanks for the excellent directions. They worked brilliantly, and I was able to program my FOBs. I bought my 2008 STS used and the remote start never worked. Now, after I reprogrammed my replacement and existing FOB, the remote start works. Thanks so much for the assistance.

Dr. John is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Thanks for the programming instructions. They worked beautifully!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.