Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  rayainsw 
#1 ·
They liked it, they really liked it!! Now, if I only had some money left after buying the SRX......

#3 ·
Loaded. Every option except the sunroof.

6.0 and 14.6 $47,494 base price. $62,215 as tested.

The most expensive option was the 1SG sport package at almost $8700. The car was black. It looked hot.

When the V model comes out, it will be an animal. Cadillac can finally compete with the imports. They just need to overcome the bad reputation. I am blown away by my SRX every time I drive it, but I still love my 94 DeVille.

#9 ·
rueben44 said:
17/26 is not bad at all for a big AWD car like that. Shoot that is almost worth going for.
I believe that the 17 / 26 (mfr est) is for the RWD version - I have not yet seen even a mfr est for the AWD version - that has a gas guzzler tax applied.

- Ray
Wondering exactly how much the AWD version's additional weight and mechanical drag hurt real world MPG . . .

#10 ·
that price is a little scary to me. that puts it in direct competition with some really good cars. and the cadillac has little or no edge on them in features. My LS430 with almost the exact same features of the STS was 62 sticker and I paid ~58.

#13 ·
From what I've read about the new STS, it is not only a great luxury sadan but also an outstanding sports sadan. It's styling is not copied or variation of some other brand. That's what makes the car better than any Lexus. Those cars are generic copies of Benz cars and they don't compete with bimmer driving dynamics. I think Cadillac has something truely different with the new STS. By the way I drive a Lexus GS400 with navi and trunk spoiler.

#14 ·
mlamike said:
From what I've read about the new STS, it is not only a great luxury sadan but also an outstanding sports sadan. It's styling is not copied or variation of some other brand. That's what makes the car better than any Lexus. Those cars are generic copies of Benz cars and they don't compete with bimmer driving dynamics. I think Cadillac has something truely different with the new STS. By the way I drive a Lexus GS400 with navi and trunk spoiler.
......well then, maybe we can get you in to a Cadillac soon?.....

#18 ·
My favorite bits:

'Disable the traction control, summon some minor brake torque, and you can paint 10 feet of rubber stripes.'

'Sixty mph arrives in six seconds flat, same as what a 745i can manage.
Course the BMW goes on to eat the quarter-mile in 14.6 seconds at 97 mph.
Woah! Same as the STS.
What the Cadillac does that the $69,195 BMW doesn't is achieve a top speed of 154 mph. Moreover, Cadillac has calibrated the traction control to allow you to bark the tires at step-off without imposing Big Brother's mechanical hand of moderation. Nice.
'

'Fact is, the previous STS was never really a performance car. It was a luxury sedan that simply didn't embarrass itself in the hills. This new STS, in contrast, is barking at the city limits of hot-rod-dom, notably in it's edgy ride, booming acceleration, and tenacious handling.'

'For decades, Cadillac seemed content to stay a step ahead of Lincoln. Now, with the STS -and the SRX before it- you really DO get the feeling the division is serious about competing with foreign luxury brands. When our test car arrived, chief engineer Jim Frederico pointed proudly at panel gaps that have been narrowed to three millimeters from the old car's five. Then he pointed to the top of the door frames, which blend almost invisibly into the roof in a costly "Dutch hem" design. "Let's see Mercedes match THAT," he said.
When's the last time you heard a Lincoln guy say that?
'

#19 ·
I hope I fit!

gman89 said:
They liked it, they really liked it!! Now, if I only had some money left after buying the SRX......
Let's pray for a miracle...I'd like to fit in the 05 STS. I am 6'3.5" with long legs. Only car I feel comfortable in is the Escalade and CTS (Front seats).

Hope the wood looks real in the STS 05. I was in a 528i last night and the wood looks real and rich. Lets hope GM picked good suppliers and spent where necessary on the interior!

#20 · (Edited)
Re: I hope I fit!

The wood is real in the STS. You have a choice between Zebrano wood or Eucalyptus.

The 525i and 530i use a "Titanium finish interior trim", meaning painted plastic.
The 545i uses a "Poplar Grain wood interior trim" or "Maple Grain wood interior trim", meaning finished wood pieces (neither of which are as exotic as Cadillac's wood choices).

The interior of the STS bests that found in the 5 series BMW in every way.

#21 · (Edited)
Re: I hope I fit!

As for interior room, if you found the 5 and CTS to be fine, then you will have no complaints with the STS:

BMW 5-series
Leg Room(front)....................41.5
Leg Room (rear).....................36.0
Head Room(front)..................37.7
Head Room(rear)...................37.9
Shoulder Room(front).............57.3
Shoulder Room(rear)...............57.2

Cadillac STS
Leg Room(front)...................42.6
Leg Room (rear)...................38.3
Head Room(front).................38.7
Head Room(rear)..................37.9
Shoulder Room(front)............58.6
Shoulder Room(rear)..............57.4

Cadillac CTS
Leg Room (front)...................42.4
Leg Room (rear)....................36.2
Head Room (front).................38.9
Head Room (rear)..................36.9
Shoulder Room (front)............56.6
Shoulder Room (rear)..............56.2

#24 ·
I just read the C&D review of the STS, and I can't believe I was reading about a Cadillac. Almost nothing but positives with comparable references to the benchmark luxury automotive marques in interior styling, performance and value.

It is really great to see Cadillac aim for the bullseye, and hit it with every car they've debuted in the last three years. I cannot wait to see the STS-V and the new Deville.

Congratulations Cadillac!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.