lug pattern?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, lug pattern? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; does anyone know the lug pattern? or how i would find out? i have a 2005 STS v6. thanks!...
    WorkinWoodWheel.TX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

lug pattern?

does anyone know the lug pattern? or how i would find out? i have a 2005 STS v6. thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turnerbend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: lug pattern?

5x115mm bolt pattern

WorkinWoodWheel.TX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

thanks!

Number 3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '05 STS

The lug pattern in fact is 5x115 but if you call a rim shop they might tell you 5x4.5 or 5x114.3 THEY ARE LYING!!!

AllGoNShow is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac STS V6

Just for clarification on an old topic.

Yes the Bolt battern is 5x115.
    But you CAN use 5x114.3 as long as the wheels are PROPERLY fitted. AKA Don't buy Chinese junk bullshit wheels and think they will work fine. You need to have proper aluminum hub rings and someone who knows what they are doing.

C&C
    C&C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Don't do it; 0.7mm is almost 28 thousandths of an inch. 0.79mm is 1/32", and while that doesn't seem like much, in reality, it is (especially when you are considering a rotating mass that is not going to be very well balanced if it is fighting to center itself with incorrect dimensions). Just saying.

I will do it; Yes it is not a perfect fit, if I wanted a perfect fit then I would order my wheels with 5x115, and then I would only be able to sell to Cadillac guys. The rotating mass as you wish to call it, will be perfectly laser balanced on my machine and will be used with (as I said before) an aluminum (not plastic incase you missed it again) hub ring that will center the wheel on the hub and keep everything balanced.

Has been used for years, longer than I have been on this world, tried tested and true.

C&C

Yep, missed that you mentioned hub rings, my bad. But remember that if you use hub rings then you'll then have to take into consideration wheel offset, which will need to be matched to the amount the hub ring intrudes.

Hub rings sit inside the hub bore of the wheel, they do not push out or suck in the wheel any distance, unless you maybe are using some cheap chinese wheels that have no engineering put into them.

C&C

Oh, I get it now. I thought hub rings were wheel adapters. I did a google search to see exactly what you were talking about.

After looking at them, and seeing there purpose as described by the site I visited, I now will revert to my original answer and say: 114.3 mm lug patterns, DO NOT fit a 115 mm lug pattern. I'm sure you can get away with it, but they still don't fit in my opinion.

Well you can continue to believe that but please stop spreading incorrect information around when you know nothing of what you are talking about.

C&C

There are quite a few discussions on the internet and it appears that they debate this same question. Will they work, yes; are they recommended, generally not (one source Tirerack); will the user have any problems, general consensus is no; is there undue forces exerted on the lugnuts as they are stressed to fit into the concentric of the drilled lug hole, yes to a point(but probably not to critical point).
    Do want you want, but I do take offense that you think I don't know what I'm talking about, and I'm done with this post (and for sure I wouldn't use an incorrect size wheel on my car).

The reason a source like tirerack would not recommend it would be that they would have a bunch of morons putting on totally incorrect wheels on their vehicle because they are "cool wheels" and then have a handfull of lawsuits on their hand for promoting that idea. Ofcourse a major supplier such as Tirerack is going to recommend against it, they don't want to deal with morons like you who think they know what they are doing but don't.

The job of the lugnuts is to tightly hold, at proper torque, the wheels to the hub. The force of wheels against the ground or power to the wheels is transfered through a combination of the center hub and the lugs working together. If the wheels are proper hub centric wheels (or PROPER aluminum rings are used) then using a 5x114.3 wheel on a 5x115 vehicle will work fine.

turnerbend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Quote Originally Posted by AllGoNShow View Post
    The reason a source like tirerack would not recommend it would be that they would have a bunch of morons putting on totally incorrect wheels on their vehicle because they are "cool wheels" and then have a handfull of lawsuits on their hand for promoting that idea. Ofcourse a major supplier such as Tirerack is going to recommend against it, they don't want to deal with morons like you who think they know what they are doing but don't.

The job of the lugnuts is to tightly hold, at proper torque, the wheels to the hub. The force of wheels against the ground or power to the wheels is transfered through a combination of the center hub and the lugs working together. If the wheels are proper hub centric wheels (or PROPER aluminum rings are used) then using a 5x114.3 wheel on a 5x115 vehicle will work fine.
    AllGO lighten up, Are your pantyhose too tight?

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Does anyone use metric nuts on SAE bolts??? They almost fit too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.