Great Edmunds Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Great Edmunds Review in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Cadillac STS Review by Edmunds Comments?...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Great Edmunds Review

If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Great Edmunds Review

To me, it's a moreless a matter of one's personal opinion, on what the '05 STS should look and feel like. I haven't driven the car yet, so I can't speak on that issue yet. But I still think that they have some things to improve on this car, as far as looks are concern. Edmunds is usually dead on however, not always, but 95% of the time, I'd say they are right on cue with what owners of the cars they review are looking for in their favorite make.

Since it's carrying the STS name forward, and it seems that very little will be change as far as looks, I decided to look at this car and see what can be done to make it look better than it is right now, without including anything drastic.

One would be to get rid of those 16in. wheels and put on some 18in. wheels in place of them. The 16in. wheels make this car appear sluggish looking or real heavy in appearance. A set of nice 18in. wheels should liven the appearance of this car and make it handle better as well.

I'm glad that they finally went to Michellins instead of those Goodyears. For the longest now, quite a few STS owners have said that Michellins seem to be alot better on the road, than the Goodyears they come with. But again, that's really a matter of one's personal tastes.

No vinyl roofs/ "ragtops" for this car. Period.

That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure others have even better ideas for this model. I'm still hoping that they eventually change the headlamps, improve the interior's appearance and improve the lines in this car. If they ever do that, I'm betting that BMW and Mercedes owners will litterally flock to the STS.

Now, lets hope that a few brave tuners get their hands on this car, and turn it into a real sports touring sedan.

diamond in the back is offline Cadillac Owners Member

that was a great first drive they seem to have nothing but good things to say about the new sts. that article makes me want to buy one when they come out but i'll still wait until next spring to buy a car, when the snow melts. the other thing that would stop me from getting the sts v8 fully loaded is if I can't get it below or near invoice.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

I still would like to see it with vogues and a cloth top just for kick......hey its gotta look better then the 300C.

Caddygal is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Red face Re: Great Edmunds Review

All I know is I can't wait to drive the V8! I'm glad to see the reviews so far are positive.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Welcome aboard, Caddygal! Thank you for signing up! You should introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.

I'm glad to see the excellent review as well.. And I'm sure the STS will only improve as time goes on. I'm very anxious to see one of these cars on the road. I'm liking it more and more as I see pictures and hear reviews online... It may actually be at the top of my list for cars I really want right now...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Edmunds.con NEVER gives domestic vehicles positive reviews.
    Much less one as effusive as this.

Highly unusual.

STS Rules!

Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by b4z
    Edmunds.con NEVER gives domestic vehicles positive reviews.
    Much less one as effusive as this.

Highly unusual.

STS Rules!
    I don't know if I can agree with that one...

They gave the 94-96 Impala pretty good reviews and was actually upset that the car was nixed. The '92-'04 Seville, for the most part got it's share of good reviews, the thing that held that car back was the fitment of the sheetmetal and plastic pieces I guess, other than that, I don't think they would rather have any other FWD car than the STS of that era.

Honestly, if you look at the past domestic cars, it's easy to understand why alot of them were disappointing in their eyes. I can agree with alot of the negative reviews. Domestic makers need to stop going with gimmicks (read: Pontiac Aztec) and start producing real cars and trucks that people can actually use everyday, especially when it comes to GM. Everryone knows that as soon as they get a car right, it goes right to the chopping block for something else off the wall (read: Allante w/Northstar, '96 Impala....).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.