Motor Trend/ August/ STS 545i comparison
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Motor Trend/ August/ STS 545i comparison in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just received mine last night. There is a brief article comparing the new STS to the BMW 545i. Our ...
    megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Motor Trend/ August/ STS 545i comparison

I just received mine last night. There is a brief article comparing the new STS to the BMW 545i. Our Cadillac came out out pretty well. With lines like:"...It's difficult to call a clear winner here..." and "Cadillac now comes to the fight with a gun instead of a knife.", it seems they actually liked the STS. There are, however, precious few photos. I'm planning to go to the magazines' website to see if there are more than were published. Also, at the back of the magazine there is a photo and story on the Cadillac Le Mans showcar of 1953.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Motor Trend/ August/ STS 545i comparison

......what was I thinking? It's the first of July. There is nothing about the August issue on line yet.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

It was a good article, they seem to prefer the STS for an everyday driver saying "Unless your commute involves 150mph autobaun runs you should stick with the STS". Not too bad for Caddy if you ask me. Though $63,000 is alot of cash.....even for a Caddy.

...yes, that is a lot of money. But, I believe that is for a fully equipped Northstar model. The V6 starts at 41K. I suspect that a well equipped V6 could be had for 47-49K. It's also worth noting that if the 545i had the same level of equipment it would sticker for 68K.

Either way I would never own a car that expensive......buy one 6 months old and that STS will sticker for 45k

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well new Caddys dont drop in price like that so you will be waiting a lot longer than 6 months for that kind of drop. Here are some MT pics:

and the link for more pics:

http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia..._wp/index.html

majax is offline 32V Northstar

My question is, is the badge on the grill gona be the real thing with the wheat separate or is it gona be part of that black circle.

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

you know, i dont really care for the looks of the new bmw 5 series, but having the sts next to it makes it look more attractive.

2004_SRX_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Every article I've read on the STS says that it's right up there with its European competitors. I love BMW, but I like this STS more than the 5-series and almost as much as the 6 or 7. The STS is definitely good enough to be the Cadillac flagship in my oppinion. And how can you compete with BMW without a $40-60k price range?

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee
    Also, at the back of the magazine there is a photo and story on the Cadillac Le Mans showcar of 1953.
    Strangely enough I have the February 1954 Popular Science where they review the '54 Cadillac. (not the Le Mans car though)

Some facts:

230 hp @4400 rpm
    331 cu. in.
    torque 332@ 2800 rpm

Weight 4395 lb.

Transmission Hydra-Matic 3.07:1

Also that year, Cadillac made the most expensive U.S. luxury car- an $8,000 convertible- its series 62 coupe is only $3,575!

I really dont think that the STS is flagship material. Cadillac needs something with an extended wheelbase....that can cater to the personal limo crownd ala....745/760IL I also think if they got for a flagship they should have the dash and door panels in leather like the competitions flagships. (I love how my 92' has simulated stitching throughout the car).

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    I really dont think that the STS is flagship material. Cadillac needs something with an extended wheelbase....that can cater to the personal limo crownd ala....745/760IL I also think if they got for a flagship they should have the dash and door panels in leather like the competitions flagships. (I love how my 92' has simulated stitching throughout the car).
    Just as a point of fact: The '98-'04 STS had perforated leather on its door panels. And the SLS sported leather door panels from '98-'99.

In my opinion too, Cadillac should start a portion that can customize their cars to a certain point....ala Mercedes Designo....BMW Individual......special colors...nicer higher quality leathers...options like tables in the back..reclining rear seats...suede headliner....etc......this would really make cadillac stand out with the luxury crowd and would bring them back to the era when they actually originally did that.

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

B-mer has a case of the uglies.......

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The STS looks like art next to that hideous 5-slug.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.