Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Trunk lifters

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackedouT STS 
#1 ·
The trunk lifters on my 06 STS (with spoiler) seems pretty weak. Anyone know if these can be replaced with stronger ones? The salesman told me this was normal when you have a spoiler. Guess I'm just use to my old 97 SLS. That was a good working trunk lid.

#5 ·
You can get new lift struts for the trunk from McMaster-Carr. I got some there for my Acura TSX. I converted the trunk over to lift struts from the prehistoric torsion rod setup. It gave me a little more trunk space and got rid of all of the rattles that were caused by the stereo. All you need to do is find the correct strut on their chart by matching the factory measurements up to what they have. Next would be to pick a force rating. I don't know what the factory ones are but they might be on the struts. If you can transfer the mounting hardware from the old ones to the new ones they have all of the required hardware as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.