Service Air Bag
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Service Air Bag in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Wife is getting this message in the mornings now that it has turned cold. She has 07 STS 4. It ...
    bigdog9586 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Service Air Bag

Wife is getting this message in the mornings now that it has turned cold. She has 07 STS 4. It doesn't do it so far when I'm in the car. They replaced front seatbelt buckle 89024409 Belt Kit. What this has to do with the Air Bags I don't know. Only problem is it didn't fix the problem. I mite say she is only 5' and I'm 6'3" if this makes a difference. Anyone else have this problem and if so what fixed it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Service Air Bag

Bump

jono6406 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS4 ISG PKG

A couple of months ago I kept getting the service air bag warning also. I had it repaired at the dealer and they replaced the drivers seat belt pretensioner and the air bag warning light never came back on again.

Jono

rb92gt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 Lux, 2011 Escalade EXT Prem

I had the same warning light and the service dept found a connector that needed replacing under the driver seat.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

They need to check codes.
    If the put them on the repair order let me know what they were.

The PPS is usually the weakest link on those cars (as far as setting codes goes!)
    The right seat cushion has a sensor under it, the cold weather could be shrinking up the leather and causing the PPS to set internal codes.
    It could need anything from a simple recalibration to a new PPS module. Those usually come with the seat cushion.
    (Passenger Presence System by the way)
    It can be tricky because you get a generic PPS code from the air bag module, then you have to check the PPS module itself to see what code is set. Sometimes it sets a code to "discard system", which means put a new one in.

At any rate the codes need to be checked, about a hundred things can turn the light on. You need to figure out which one it is.

The first time according to the receipt they replaced the drivers seat belt pretensioner like the other poster had done but didn't fix the problem. I'm wondering since my wife is the only one so far to have the code and she is 5' about 110 and I'm 6'4'" 270 her size may be the key. Got an appointment next Monday after the holidays since I'm guessing they may have it for a few days.

Update. Today wife didn't have to work so I got a chance to mess with it. First thing I did was think what was the difference between her and me. Answer: height and weight. Using her key I pushed the unlock and then without sitting in the seat I started car. Air bag warning came on. Shut off car and did the same with mine. No Air Bag warning. With no one in the seat and not touching seat belt at all in either case I felt only other thing was the seat position itself. So while car is running in my position which is most of the way back compared to hers all the way forward I manually ran the seat forward. By the time it was all the way forward the Air BAg warning came on. So for some reason the seat being all the way forward trigers the Air Bag warning. Any ideas?

rb92gt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 Lux, 2011 Escalade EXT Prem

I just looked at my invoice printout for the repair of my "SERVICE AIRBAG" light and this is what it says:

"DIAG CODES B0014 B0015, REPAIR CONNECTOR UNDER LEFT FT SEAT, CLEAR CODES, RETEST SYSTEM"

Was fine until last night when service airbag light came on again, then went off by itself. All I can say is high tech cars would be a nightmare to own without a warranty.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

The B0015 is for the "pretensioner" which is basically the seat belt buckle.
    Sometimes the connection can oxidize a little bit causing the resistance in the circuit to go just above the threshold for the self test and it can cause the light to come on. Usually when I see those I either cycle the connection (unplug and reconnect) a few times and it will stay gone. If I see it come back I put a new pretensioner in.
    The B0014 is for the side airbag mounted in the seat, same scenario here only I replace the harness from the base of the seat to the side airbag if I see this code come back.

Both are usually related to the air bag connection under the seat, they hook those two things together.
    By that I mean there are two separate connectors but the bodies are made to mate with each other then they plug in to one single connector on the body harness.

Regulator is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My 2006 went in the shop yesterday for the service airbag, the onstar diagnosis was "wrong component installed in system"....
    Not sure how that is possible, however, will post an update once I see the invoice.

tankrealtalk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

My service airbag light came on also and I punched the passenger seat where the airbag is and the light went off lol

caddyfat2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC

Quote Originally Posted by jono6406 View Post
    A couple of months ago I kept getting the service air bag warning also. I had it repaired at the dealer and they replaced the drivers seat belt pretensioner and the air bag warning light never came back on again.

Jono
    Light came back on after a dealer repair so I spoke to them about it and this is what I found.
    The cluster of wires under the drivers seat where the connections are, are loose. Whenever my airbag light comes on I just reach under my drivers seat and grab the cluster and the light goes out until the seat is moved then I just repeat that action.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Try adjusting the pins and using some dialectic grease.

Swanka is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

My son is constantly playing with the seating position on his seat (he's 10). Mine came one today so when I read your post, I reached under my passenger side seat and sure enough.. went right off! Thanks!

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

My 07 had the same thing. Tighten the plugs good to go.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.