What the STS SHOULD have looked like.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, What the STS SHOULD have looked like. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Or at least the STS-V....
    Chopper9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What the STS SHOULD have looked like.

Or at least the STS-V.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: What the STS SHOULD have looked like.

man, a ton of people already complain about the STS/CTS similarity, this may take it a little too far

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I just think someone is just getting use out of their photoshop software.

Well, I have to do it 8-10 hours a day for a paycheck... so this was just for fun.

I took the front end and side skirts of a CTS-V and blended it with a new STS. I looks great... and is what i want ... a bigger more luxurious CTS.

I love the art & science design of the CTS and think that the powers that be wussed out and didnt want to alienate the older buyers.

With the success of the CTS and the critical acclaim it has been getting in the press, I think it was an opportunity lost. This is a classic example of trying to appeal to 2 tastes and coming up short at both ends. Go all the way one way or the other GM!!!

I hope the V version looks alot more aggressive. We shall have to wait and see.

obaid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, i like it and like u hope that v version looks like it. IN the new car i hate the front most it. My father calls it stupid looking and i agree. Only if they have changed the grille.

Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Chopper.......

You have nailed the look I was expecting.

With that said, how come the wigs up top, and Lutz didn't see this in the '05 STS, when the origin of the current popularity of the STS, came from the aggressive look of the Seville from '92-'04? The older crowd weren't exactly buying up the STS the entire time. They were more likely Deville and Fleetwood owners during the same time. The Seville owners were from the "younger crowd", those that are (were) 30-40 yrs of age.

Something that happened along the way, that was interesting enough, was the way the STS attracted an even yonger crowd than originally expected. I became a fan of the STS by the age of 17. I know I wasn't alone out here. There had to be other fans of the STS that started out at a yonger age than 30, like myself. In a way, I feel alienated by Cadillac, in that they went "soft and less appealing" to those of us that have now entered thier 30's and still want to get their hands on a STS of their very own, like their parents had when they were younger.

To me, the image you originally project for the buyers in the begining, is the image you should maintain to the very end.

obaid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the 92 seville moved me and i was in my teens then, it would have been one of the greatest luxury sports sedans had it been an RWD. To me it was one of the best styled cars ever because styling matched with the soul of the car.
    look how steeply raked pillars gave it an agressive stance and the bumpers styled to make the car lood as it is ready to pounce forward in a burst of acceleration. it was light at cadillac at the end of dark 80's. how much of a standout that car was at its time the new car would have done allright as an opel but cadillac i am amazed at their pluck

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

i think ure gettin carried away :rolleyes2 THE STS IS NOT A CTS!!!!!1 as much as everyone wnats it to be a bigger CTS, IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE. People need to get it through thier heads they are 2 diff cars, an S class Benz isnt a bigger C class, its compelty diff, it attracts a diff kind of buyer.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

I also agree Caddy Man...

People think cars look like other cars because they have "simmular lines" or "simmular way the grille is". Doesnt cut it, just because the STS carries on the art and science theme doesnt mean it was meant to look like a CTS. The CTS just started the trend of sharp edges and deep cut lines. The designers just think that simple angled' off headlights work for each vehicles... look at every model Cadillac sells (except for the old design STS)... headlights are almost exactly the same way. Not to mention the grille and hood.

Jerome is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Saab 9-3, Dreaming of an ATS-V

way to go on the photoshop. Let's see some SRX-V's, Escalade-V's and XLR-V's. Cadillac needs to get all of them put out

Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

But the STS didn't start off as a seperate car altogether, it began life as a Seville. The '92 -'04 Seville's aggressive body style and the Northstar powerplant were litterally the 'One-Two punch' in Cadillac's line up during the 90's. When you saw the body, there was no doubt in your mind , that you knew what was under that hood. When somebody mentioned Northstar, the first name to pop up in a person's mind was the Seville STS. You just can't have one without the other!

They took the soul of the STS and forgotten the origin of the vesel which carried it and Cadillac back to the light. Fans of the STS aren't saying make it like the CTS at all, we're saying (at least the seemingly majority of us) you forgotten from which the STS came from, style wise.

The CTS and STS aren't the same, you're right. But the Seville STS was doing what the CTS is doing right now, before the Catera even became into being. So why alienate Seville owners from that era with this current body, and give the CTS the kind of body treatment, that the STS should have recieved?

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

I think(based from other comments :coolgleam) they should have gone a different direction with the STS... make it like it use to be, seperate from the pack. They tried doing this on the new one by making it unique electronic wise, but this doesnt cut it. I think this signifys a change in Cadillac planning for the STS. What is the STS going to be compared to? If the 5 series is already taken by the CTS which makes no sense because it should be compared to the 3.

Assuming ofcourse, its about competing with BMW.

To Cadillac: Make the STS unique again...

The only thing wrong with the new STS is... its not ART & SCIENCE enough.

Say what you will, but this CTS-esque design looks better than what is coming out.

The STS SHOULD be the balls of the line up, should it not? We all (well, most of us) love the CTS look... why not carry it over 100%? They did a little here, and a little there... but scewed it up by rounding this and rounding that.

What was the result?

It looks weak, instead of aggressive. Like my dads car. ... no offense dad.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper9
    The only thing wrong with the new STS is... its not ART & SCIENCE enough.

Say what you will, but this CTS-esque design looks better than what is coming out.

The STS SHOULD be the balls of the line up, should it not? We all (well, most of us) love the CTS look... why not carry it over 100%? They did a little here, and a little there... but scewed it up by rounding this and rounding that.

What was the result?

It looks weak, instead of aggressive. Like my dads car. ... no offense dad.

if you people like the CTS so damn much, why not just go buy a CTS!? :rolleyes2 there is no need to model every car after the CTS. I loved the 2003 model lineup, they had the DTS, CTS, escalade, STS and XLR (in 04) and each car was for a differnt type of buyer. The entire model line was diverse, every car was immediatly recongnizable as a cadillac, my DTS isnt art and sciince, yet a 2nd grader can tell its a cadillac. The cars were all cadillacs, but differnt in thier own special way. If u want the STS to look like a CTS, just buy a damn CTS. :rolleyes2

I love the CTS, but its too small for my taste.

Is that OK with YOU?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.