What the STS SHOULD have looked like. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, What the STS SHOULD have looked like. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Caddy Man if you people like the CTS so damn much, why not just go buy a ...
    Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: What the STS SHOULD have looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Man
    if you people like the CTS so damn much, why not just go buy a CTS!? :rolleyes2 there is no need to model every car after the CTS. I loved the 2003 model lineup, they had the DTS, CTS, escalade, STS and XLR (in 04) and each car was for a differnt type of buyer. The entire model line was diverse, every car was immediatly recongnizable as a cadillac, my DTS isnt art and sciince, yet a 2nd grader can tell its a cadillac. The cars were all cadillacs, but differnt in thier own special way. If u want the STS to look like a CTS, just buy a damn CTS. :rolleyes2
    Sorry Caddy man, that's not going to cut it. The CTS is a model of it's own. The problem here is, the STS should have gotten the treatment they gave the CTS. It should have been more agressively styled, not warmed over with rounded edges and such. The rounded edges took too much from the character that help made the STS what it was before the current model.

The DTS styling is about right. Not quite agressive, but the character of the car wasn't suppose to be in the first place. The DTS is a luxuary machine to the fullest extent, with few changes needed. When you see a DTS, you know what it's intent is, You know what it's purpose is in the lineup. Same with the CTS. The lines in the CTS says it's a sports car with few luxuary items.

But the STS......?

Is it okay if I ask you something here? I'm not trying to put you on the spot or anything like that, I just what to know what your opinion is. In fact, it's not just a question for you only, it's for the entire forum.

My question is: "When you see the current '05 STS, what kind of purpose do you feel it serves, as an everyday car?

To me, there just isn't any kind of emotional attachment to this car like there was with the '92-'04 Seville STS. There was a bond created for over ten years between the Seville STS and the owners/faithful followers. 10+ years of bonding with the STS, shouldn't be thrown out just because the heads in charge thinks the car needs a new direction all of a sudden. Changing the name is one thing, but taking away the original character of the car for more of a "low keyed, not so young anymore" (for the lack of a better way of putting it, without offending fellow posters here) approach.

I mean, come on, they took the '05 STS, and put it on prozac. I seen more character in upbeat senior citizens, than I do in this current interpetation of the STS. The lines in this new STS tell's me "older, wiser and no place to be right now", instead of "young, aggressive, and assertive". I'm not trying to say we need this STS to be like a Firehawk (IMO, the old F-bodies said "young, brash, and foolish").

The lines in the STS should say, "I'm in full control of my destiny and ready to go, right this minute". Chopper's version of the STS says just that IMO. Right now, I'm seeing "Not right now, I just don't feel like it today". Lutz and Co. seem to have felt that way instead because it's right there in the lines. It's the same with the interior for me as well, but that's probably a whole other thread to begin .

obaid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

chopper9 what about taking the 2005 seville and putting the 98 fleetwood's tailfins and skirts on and the grille of 94 deville.If u can find the time to do it plz do it i do not know photoshop or i would have done it.
    that could be the new deville.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Candice, i realize you were asking caddy man this but...

My thought is that it looks like the same of a deville

Long, not racy looking and looks like a big car. When, the original STS looked racy, small and fun to drive...

Heck, it even looks slow... because of that long flowing body line.

Almost coupe like, great lines... small sporty looking ^^^

Long sedan... non aggresive

Cadence is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Aw man, just seeing those two pictures, brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for responding JefferyG.

I was looking at pictures of the STS from '89 to the current model and the more I looked at this new car, it started to remind me of another car, the Toyota Avalon/ Lexus 400. Showed a picture of the new STS to my dad, he was disappointed. Said it looked like a cross between the CTS and DeVille. He didn't like the shape too well, too long and the curves didn't help much. he saw Chopper's pic and loved it. It was moreless of what he was expecting as the new STS. Mind you, he's almost 50 yrs old. My mom liked the face of the car, but said that the rear end looked like my aunt's car. Guess what kind of car my aunt drives?

A Toyota Avalon.

So I guess it runs in the family .

I also notice how the wheels make the body look sluggish and heavy. Since when was the STS sluggish and heavy?

I cant believe it, the 05 STS is actually shorter than the one before, and taller...but has a longer wheel base.

Look at the specs:

2004 Old STS
    Wheelbase 112.2 in.
    Front track 62.7 in.
    Rear track 62.4 in.
    Length 201 in.
    Width 74.7 in.
    Height 55.4 in.

2005 New STS
    Wheelbase 116.4 in.
    Front track 61.8 in.
    Rear track 62.3 in.
    Length 196.3 in.
    Width 74.7 in.
    Height 57.6 in.

It just looks freakishly long in the photos.. they tricked us again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.