2009 STS and STS-V Official Changes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2009 STS and STS-V Official Changes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; STS and STS-V Deletions Exterior color (25U) Blue Chip Exterior color (53U) Radiant Bronze Exterior color (67U) Light Platinum Exterior ...
    caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

2009 STS and STS-V Official Changes

STS and STS-V
    Deletions
    Exterior color (25U) Blue Chip
    Exterior color (53U) Radiant Bronze
    Exterior color (67U) Light Platinum
    Exterior color (78U) Sunset Blue
    1SF Preferred Equipment Group
    (QF8) 18" x 8" polished cast aluminum wheels
    (PD5) 18" x 8" chromed cast aluminum wheels

New Features
    Exterior color (17U) Radiant Silver

Exterior color (58U) Black Ice. Available at extra charge.

Exterior color (96U) Blue Diamond Tricoat. Available at extra charge.

(PGK) 18" x 8" chromed cast aluminum wheels - Platinum Edition
    (Q9Y) 18" x 8" polished cast aluminum wheels. Optional wheel on 1SE.
    Speed Limit Notification on navigation radio
    Bluetooth phone interface now available on non-navigation STS vehicles
    Body color antenna
    Alcantara luxury ultra-microfiber headliner on Platinum Edition (implemented 4th quarter of 2008 model year)
    Language capability in DIC increases to add Japanese

Changes
    Repackaging created (implemented 4th quarter of 2008 model year)
    (P40) 18" wheels now available on 1SA and 1SB PEGs with AWD

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...D=6551&type=0#

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Benjamin Simon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)

Re: 2009 STS and STS-V Official Changes

Wow, they really broke new ground with these changes....
    So there will be a STS-V in 2009? Is the HP changing? The CTS-V will be cheaper with 90 more hp???
    How about we get some SLS clones up in dis biatch!
    My dream is a SLS-V 4 with a stage 3 kit. Why will Cadillac give not give me anything I need.
    I will pay my STS off on Wednesday. I am read to start looking for my next automobile. I hope I am not force to consider 7 series or S class. Please.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Audio system with navigation, AM/FM stereo with Bose 5.1 Studio Surround sound system, 6-disc in-dash CD/DVD changer and DVD-based advanced navigation, Bluetooth phone interface, includes Intelligent Speed Advisor, seek-and-scan, digital clock, Radio Data System (RDS), TheftLock, AudioPilot automatic volume control, weather band, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), rear passenger A/V jacks and 15 speakers

Rear passenger A/V jacks sounds interesting, I wonder if that means rear video output jacks for the DVD player?

justgreat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

let the deals commence for the 08's....

jackg
    06 sts6

vette98guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 84 Eldo Conv. - 2005 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Simon View Post
    Wow, they really broke new ground with these changes....
    So there will be a STS-V in 2009? Is the HP changing? The CTS-V will be cheaper with 90 more hp???
    How about we get some SLS clones up in dis biatch!
    My dream is a SLS-V 4 with a stage 3 kit. Why will Cadillac give not give me anything I need.
    I will pay my STS off on Wednesday. I am read to start looking for my next automobile. I hope I am not force to consider 7 series or S class. Please.
    Hi Ben,

I bought my son a 2005 STS in which I drove afew times, has many nice amenities and I like it. But my personal car is a Twin Turbo Mercedes
    S600 with a Renntech package (just under 700hp and 800lb torque at 1800 rpm's) You can not compare these against a STS, The S600 way outclasses the STS in all areas. Especially the price. They are really two different cars.
    The STS handles better because of its lighter weight, but the Mercedes makes it look like a 3 cyl. Metro Geo in the Get up and Go department and that includes the STS-V.
    There are a few pro's and Cons going to and S class/7 series BMW.
    After driving a twin Turbo V12, you won't want to drive anything else, I assure you that.
    For an all around car, Stick with the Cadillac, unless you're making $150K and up per yer, I say the Mercedes for an everyday car is out of the question.
    Just my .02

Good Luck
    Bob

Benjamin Simon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by vette98guy View Post
    Hi Ben,

I bought my son a 2005 STS in which I drove afew times, has many nice amenities and I like it. But my personal car is a Twin Turbo Mercedes
    S600 with a Renntech package (just under 700hp and 800lb torque at 1800 rpm's) You can not compare these against a STS, The S600 way outclasses the STS in all areas. Especially the price. They are really two different cars.
    The STS handles better because of its lighter weight, but the Mercedes makes it look like a 3 cyl. Metro Geo in the Get up and Go department and that includes the STS-V.
    There are a few pro's and Cons going to and S class/7 series BMW.
    After driving a twin Turbo V12, you won't want to drive anything else, I assure you that.
    For an all around car, Stick with the Cadillac, unless you're making $150K and up per yer, I say the Mercedes for an everyday car is out of the question.
    Just my .02

Good Luck
    Bob
    First and foremost, are you looking for extra sons? However; my old man had been rather fair with giving me seed money years ago, so I really have no place to bitch.

Second, I appreciate you explaining the differences. You have describe exactly what I am hoping the STS/DTS replacement will be. I just hope it will be here in time!

I always talk big, but then I start bean counting I become very thrifty...

vette98guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 84 Eldo Conv. - 2005 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Simon View Post
    First and foremost, are you looking for extra sons? However; my old man had been rather fair with giving me seed money years ago, so I really have no place to bitch.

Second, I appreciate you explaining the differences. You have describe exactly what I am hoping the STS/DTS replacement will be. I just hope it will be here in time!

I always talk big, but then I start bean counting I become very thrifty...
    Hi Ben,

LOL, I have two kids and that's enough!!!
    My outlook on is you only go around the block once, enjoy it. Try to live each day as it will be your last. My high is cars, some people spend their money on beer, in bars, going out on the weekends, maybe a little drugs or whatever. I spend my money on cars. Of course within my means after all my priorities, you should always have your prioriies in order, the most important is your home. I always tell people never pay rent, always own your own home becuase you're making someone else rich. After you get setup then follow your desire, in which mine is cars and boats.
    Go test drive a S600, you will never look back, read some reviews on the internet, go to you tube do a search for S600, do a little investigating before you buy anything. You can also get a CPO Mercedes S600 pretty reasonable. The Twin Turbo started in 2003 and I've seen these cars at the Auction in the low 30K range.
    Also the 2005 STS's are doing an average of 15,000 give or take a couple thousand.
    Find a dealer to take you to the auction for 500. - 1000., there are plenty dealers out there that'll do that for you and get you pre-approved for a loan.
    Then you put a bumper to bumper warranty on whatever car you buy.
    Good luck in your research

Bob

Buzz48317 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS AWD, 1SB, Nav, Chrome wheels and moonroof

Quote Originally Posted by vette98guy View Post
    Hi Ben,

LOL, I have two kids and that's enough!!!
    My outlook on is you only go around the block once, enjoy it. Try to live each day as it will be your last. My high is cars, some people spend their money on beer, in bars, going out on the weekends, maybe a little drugs or whatever. I spend my money on cars. Of course within my means after all my priorities, you should always have your prioriies in order, the most important is your home. I always tell people never pay rent, always own your own home becuase you're making someone else rich. After you get setup then follow your desire, in which mine is cars and boats.
    Go test drive a S600, you will never look back, read some reviews on the internet, go to you tube do a search for S600, do a little investigating before you buy anything. You can also get a CPO Mercedes S600 pretty reasonable. The Twin Turbo started in 2003 and I've seen these cars at the Auction in the low 30K range.
    Also the 2005 STS's are doing an average of 15,000 give or take a couple thousand.
    Find a dealer to take you to the auction for 500. - 1000., there are plenty dealers out there that'll do that for you and get you pre-approved for a loan.
    Then you put a bumper to bumper warranty on whatever car you buy.
    Good luck in your research

Bob
    Hey Bob,

Don't you find that the twin turbo 12s from Merc depreciate faster than their weight off a tall building? That being said I think that the used (circa 2006 or so) S65's are a great value, there is a SWEET one on Fleabay right now with a BIN price of around $77,000 that has 23,000 miles on it and an original MSRP of over $180,000. I do applaud your taste in cars. I find myself looking at the E class as I think that I am a little too young for the S class myself. When the lease is up on the STS I may stray from Cadillac and go with the E550 (I really cant do the E63 product as I NEED the AWD option and it is not available on the AMG product.)

Back on topic, anyone have any pics of the Alcanterra headliner in the Platnium edition as it says late add for 2008?

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

Maintenance on a sts> maintenance on a s600........ like v12 but the impala ss wheels is the only complaint about a s600

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.