E&G 18 Style Grille
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, E&G 18 Style Grille in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anyone have one installed? We just bought one for my father xmas and plan on installing it tonight, just curious ...
    CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

E&G 18 Style Grille

Anyone have one installed?
    We just bought one for my father xmas and plan on installing it tonight, just curious how it looked, ive seen the E&G pics but they never look all that great imho.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Onalaska is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SF, 1990 Allante, 2006 XLR-V

Re: E&G 18 Style Grille

I just bought one, plan on installing it tomorrow. I liked the looks of it the best. Will get some pictures once it's installed.

MARKVIII is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

if they were not such an obvious rip-off i would buy one. i cannot see spending $400 plus on this. however, i have seen some used ones on ebay so i might go that route.

i got his for 400 shipped was on sale

lbwd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD

I want to see real photos. Subscribed.

Onalaska is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SF, 1990 Allante, 2006 XLR-V

The new grill looks great! The installation was no that bad. I did find several things that were a problem. If you have the headlamp washers there is a hose that clamps on to the old grill bracket and there is no bracket to attach it to on the new grill. Some adhesive backed tabs and a tywrap or two will take care of that. You have to leave a couple of bolts out of the radiator support bracket because the new grill covers up the holes, but it looks like it is still supported well enough. You have to buy some double sided tape to reattach the emblem on to the new grill. 3M makes some for outdoor use which I purchased at WalMart.
    Attached Images

Jim C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Brougham d'Elegance, 87 Eldorado, 71 Eldorado Convertible

Damn, that does looks good

MARKVIII is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

my car is that color also..that does look good..

both the true STSs are Black, the 98 is black too and my 03 is silver
    installed the grille and WOW does it look awesome its just a shame the rest of the car is so dirty
    pics will follow soon

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I have the same grill in my 07 except it is body color. I left the chrome strip on the top so the look is simlar to an Escade. My grill is from an STS package called QTZ. It only took the dealer a half an hour to install. My 07 STS has a differant style clip than my 05 and they are much easier to remove. It seem like GM could have saved a lot of money on the 08 face-lift and just changed the grill.

05STSWOW is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 1-SG, traded in 2005 STS4 1-SG

I have the E&G mesh grill (dealer-installed) on my 2008 1SG. They did the window tint and grill in one day, but the grill was the first '08 they had done and it was a learning experience. I didn't get out of there until 7:00 pm, but it was worth they wait. See the picture in my avatar.
    You do realize how small the differences are between '05-'07s and '08s. Except for the stupid vents, the front is practically the same. The rear bumper cover is much improved with a black lower grill.
    It have wondered about painting the black background surround for the grill emblem the same as the body color (Crystal Red Tintcoat) and painting the calipers red. I have the PHP with silver painted Brembos. I've got a guy who will paint the calipers using Brembo high-temp paint for $100. That's his shop & lift, wheels off, calipers off (except brake lines), cleaning, masking, paint materials, plus drop off/pick me up from work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.